Ed Boon Interview At The New York Comic Con Kickoff Show

Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Ed Boon Interview At The New York Comic Con Kickoff Show

Post by Roy Arkon »

Ed Boon was interviewed on Day 4 of the New York Comic Con Kickoff Show. In this interview, Boon talks about various topics, including the inclusion of Mileena as part of Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate, the upcoming Mortal Kombat Movie, the process of working with Sylvester Stallone to voice Rambo in MK11 Ultimate during the COVID-19 pandemic and more.

Check out the interview at the video below. The interview starts at the 02:26 mark. Enjoy
Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
_ix_
Warrior
Side: Light
PSN: PC player
XBox Live: PC player

Re: Ed Boon Interview At The New York Comic Con Kickoff Show

Post by _ix_ »

That was a nice interview, thanks.

I'm not sure on the whole "pausing Mileena to create appreciation" thing, but I'm ok if that's what they're going with. I'm somewhat indifferent to her presence / absence. Rambo however feels out of place, but let's see how they did his integration in the game.
I enjoy making MK11 videos from different angles - Check it out on YT
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: Ed Boon Interview At The New York Comic Con Kickoff Show

Post by Roy Arkon »

_ix_ wrote:That was a nice interview, thanks.

I'm not sure on the whole "pausing Mileena to create appreciation" thing, but I'm ok if that's what they're going with. I'm somewhat indifferent to her presence / absence. Rambo however feels out of place, but let's see how they did his integration in the game.
The thing is, all those horror and action movie icons are what inspired the Mortal Kombat series by Boon and Tobias back in the day. Jason Voorhees, Freddy Kruger, Terminator, RoboCop, Rambo, all of them. The MK series started after Boon and Tobias wanted to make a game based on Jean Claude Van Damme's movie Bloodsport, and Van Damme's character became the base for Johnny Cage. That's why Johnny in MK1 is with the short black martial arts pants with the red belt, rather than his more common black and blue pants. Also, Predator for example, was their inspiration behind the Cyborg Ninjas, Cyrax and Sektor, with the helmets and dreads.

At the end of the day, all of those guests have a huge integral part in the existence of MK, and while some people claim that they don't wanna see guest characters unless it's someone like Spawn, we can't ignore the impact that they had on the series. And when you see the sales that those guest characters get, you can clearly see that the vast majority of players love them and wanna play as them. That's why they are belong there.

As for Mileena, it seems that this is what they were planning all along, it was just an experiment on their part, in a good way of course.
Last edited by Roy Arkon on Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome

Return to “News Articles”