Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath Expansion Announcement & Details

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath Expansion Announcement & Details

Post by Gambid »

Netherrealm Studios has just announced Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath an expansion for Mortal Kombat 11 that will include new fighters, skins and even new chapters of the game's Story Mode. Take a look:
Here are all the new stuff that we will see with this update:

Story Mode
Part of Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath will be additional Story Mode chapters centered around Shang Tsung and heavily featuring the combatants from the Kombat Pack, namely Sindel and Nightwolf, and the two new kombatants from the Expansion Pack.
Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath New Story Mode Fujin Shang Tsung Nightwolf Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath Sindel Story Mode
New DLC Fighters
Three new fighters will be joining the roster of Mortal Kombat 11:
- Fujin: The God of Wind will make his first appearance in the new era in a playable form. He did cameo in Mortal Kombat X
Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath Fujin Sheeva DLC Fighters
- Sheeva: The current leader of the Shokan race joins the fight for restoring history
- Robocop: Everyone dreeming for a Terminator VS Robocop fight in a classic Alien VS Predator style will have their dream fulfilled.
Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath Robocop DCL Announced
New Finishers
- Friendship: The classic Mortal Kombat II finisher returns with a give joy and Teddy Bear hugs.
- More Brutalities and Stage Fatalities
Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath Frienship Finishers Announced
Misc. Stuff
- New Arenas
- Multiple new skins

Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath Expansion arrives on May 26, 2020.
Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath Summary
So, now we all have the information. So, what do you guys think? Tell us in the comments section.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.
Attachments
mortal-kombat-11-aftermath-summary.jpg
mortal-kombat-11-aftermath-sindel.jpg
mortal-kombat-11-aftermath-robocop.jpg
mortal-kombat-11-aftermath-fujin-shang-tsung-sheeva.jpg
mortal-kombat-11-aftermath-friendship.jpg
mortal-kombat-11-aftermath-fujin-shang-tsung-nightwolf.jpg

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: Mortal Kombar 11 Aftermath Expansion Announcemtn And Det

Post by Roy Arkon »

I'm so happy to see the Dead Pool stage returning, that is my all time favorite MK stage, and we are getting it along with more stages and also stage Fatalities and Friendships. As for the characters, both Sheeva and Fujin were expected, and it's great to see them return, but I didn't expect RoboCop though, yet he is a really nice addition.

Also the skins, MK9 Scorpion and MK Deception Sub-Zero, those were just iconic skins, it's awesome to them return, and the classic Frost skin too.

And of course, the story expansion, I'm super curious to see how the story will continue, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Overall, an excellent update to an already fantastic game in MK11.
Last edited by Roy Arkon on Wed May 06, 2020 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Player One
Warrior

Re: Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath Expansion Announcemen & Detai

Post by Player One »

Such a disappointment... but its MK11 so what do we expect, its always a missed opportunity, a wasted potential...

Just 3 characters ? And one of those characters is already waste, I mean a boring guest character. No klassic ninjas... No cyborgs... Where are Cyrax, Sektor, Rain, Reptile, Ermac, Smoke, Mileena etc... And Kintaro or Motaro would be much better than that ugly Sheeva. I understand Robocop is there to rival Terminator, but why limiting the pack to only 3 characters? In the previous one we had 6... They could have also added Cyrax and Sektor, as they were already in the story. its so dumb to make them NPC and not playable. they did this mistake before in MKX, leaving Baraka Rain and Sindel as NPCs when they deserved to be on roster. they should have added Cyrax and Sektor also, and they would complete the pack to 6, with at least one klassic ninja for fan favor.
And Just 1 klassic stage? They could have given us at least a few more. like 4 klassic stages would be good.. but they will never get it done right for once, will they ?

I am not a fan of guest characters really.. I admit it was good to see Kratos in MK9 with his iconic battle ground, Flame of Olympus. as well as Jason vs Leatherface(altough Myers would be a better pick) and Alien vs Predator on MKX, but it started too be too much. Again I know Robocop is a rival for dream match against Terminator? but how about us MK fans dream matches? Reptile vs Ermac? Noob vs Smoke? Cyrax vs Sektor? Kintaro vs Goro etc.. these guests characters ruin games athmosphere and slots are being wasted, instead of them we could have had missing klassic/original MK characters.

And whoevers responsible of character design must be fired immediately, I mean look at Sheeva. I know Sheeeva was never an attractive chick but now she looks like a shemale shokan with mustache, damn horrible and more disgusting than ever before. Its an issue with all MK designs and skins.. We all know politics, SJW intervention and Woke route in MK11 so im not gonna talk about it. however im gonna say that skin and designs on MK11 are really poorly done. look at customization of base characters, you will notice there are actually only 2 skins. each has 3 variants. recolored to 10 shades. 2 x 3 x 10 = 60. and they call it 60 skins... what a nonsense. same for DLC characters but only 2 variants this time. 2 x 2 x 10 = 40. besides, DLC skins are also terrible, not so creative at all. and there is one thing that caught my eye on this trailer. Frost is wearing Klassic Male Ninja outfit. Can you believe that... and I am still saying Kintaro or Motaro would be better choices than Sheeva.

Also, Friendships make no sense at all, they are just annoying and irritating, have no place in a deadly battle. Hara kiris would be a way better pick than Friendships. kill yourself before your enemy does, its better to die with honor than murdered in gruesome and humiliating way... One of the reasons I loved Deception so much. it had one of the best features. but instead of that, they give us FRIONDSHOPSSSSSS.. such Wasted potentials and missed opportunities everywhere...

only things I like about this update : Fujin, Deadpool & Stage Fatality and Retro skins (MK9 Scorpion & MK Deceptions Shredder Subzero)
the rest is a disappointment to me. well good thing I didnt get MK11 because of its political turn. and im not gonna get it after this poorly done, not so interesting update either

Just whack and worthless. Thats my opinions about this waste pack
Noob Saibot
Warrior

Re: Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath Expansion Announcemen & Detai

Post by Noob Saibot »

The animation on Sheeva's face looks so real, it's amazing when they achieved with their modified Unreal Engine 3. Robocop and Fujin looks great too.

Very excited here.
We share blood, but we are not brothers.

Return to “News Articles”