NRS Respond To Environment & Conditions Allegations

Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

NRS Respond To Environment & Conditions Allegations

Post by Roy Arkon »

Over the past couple of days, reports of allegations of toxic work conditions at NetherRealm Studios, the company the Mortal Kombat and Injustice franchises, surfaced online as former employees and contractors shared experiences on social media, pointing at toxic environment and crunch time conditions from workers at NRS, according to an article by Varety.

NRS have responded to such allegations by stating the following:

"At NetherRealm Studios, we greatly appreciate and respect all of our employees and prioritize creating a positive work experience," the company told Variety. "As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage diversity and constantly take steps to reduce crunch time for our employees. We are actively looking into all allegations, as we take these matters very seriously and are always working to improve our company environment. There are confidential ways for employees to raise any concerns or issues".

It should be noted that crunch time in the video game industry isn't something new or exclusive to one studio.

Author's opinion: I find it very "convenient" that while news suggesting this started to come up on PC Gamer over a week ago, only now those news are starting to speard across the internet on sites such as US Gamer and of course Variety, after all of the drama regarding the Time Crystals Microtransactions and the supposedly forced Social Justice Warriors (SJW's) special treatment in Mortal Kombat 11 have been calmed down, as it turned out that the MK11 wasn't Micro-heavy but only time-heavy, and that the "SJW related" treatment in endings and character models and customs are not only not there to cater to SJW's, but the drama surrounding it only exposed the reverse-SJW's for what they truly are, as those "news" regarding toxic environment and crunch time conditions (a thing that once again, isn't uncommon in the video game industry and well known, and developers should know what they are signed for when they are taking jobs at development companies) that first started on PC Gamer OVER A WEEK AGO weren't shoved down enough like the "news" regarding the Time Crystals and "SJW's treatment". It seems that some people, who want MK11 and NRS/WB to fail so bad, trying to pull a last resort in their plan. And considering the huge leak of the MK11 roster that was spread across the internet some time before the game came out also seemed to look like someone tries to sabotage the game, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

So in my honest opinion, I don't believe any of this nonsense, the timing is just too precise to be true.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome

Return to “News Articles”