Mortal Kombat 11 Kombat Kast 03: Johnny Cage and Highlights

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Mortal Kombat 11 Kombat Kast 03: Johnny Cage and Highlights

Post by Gambid »

The third Mortal Kombat 11 Kombat Kast has finished and just like any other Kombat Kast it focused on one new character for the game. This time this was the announced last night Johnny Cage. Here are all the highlights from the Kast:
New announced Characters:
- Johnny Cage
Mortal Kombat 11 Johnny Cage Announcement imageMortal Kombat 11 Johnny Cage FatalityMortal Kombat 11 Johnny Cage Fatality Prop
Character Reveal Trailer:
Mortal Kombat 11 Johnny Cage Wallpaper
Arenas:
- Special Forces Desert

Gameplay Details:
- The way moves are enhanced has been changed based on fans feedback.
Mortal Kombat 11 Johnny Cage 80s Skin
Misc:
- A public stress test of Mortal Kombat 11 is coming March 15th to March 17th. It is US only and you ca register for access right here.
- Mortal Kombat Mobile Update is coming today.
- Kano will be featured in the next Kombat Kast.

Livestream: twitch.tv/netherrealm

Did we miss something? Tell us in the comments.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.
Attachments
mortal-kombat-11-johnny-cage-80s-skin.jpg
mortal-kombat-11-johnny-cage-wallpaper.jpg
mortal-kombat-11-johnny-cage-fatality-prop.jpg
mortal-kombat-11-johnny-cage-fatality.jpg
mortal-kombat-11-johnny-cage-revealed.jpg

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: Mortal Kombat 11 Kombat Kast 03: Johnny Cage and Highlig

Post by Roy Arkon »

Nice to see that the universal input for amplifying moves is back. It would still be fine if they would've not change it back but it's still nice they did. Also Johnny once again looks great, and I really loved that skin for Jade. And then Sonya mentioned Jax in the intro, so maybe he is coming back, that would be awesome.

Next week we are gonna see Kano, looking forward to it.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
DTHLongplays
Warrior

Post by DTHLongplays »

Yeah, Johnny Cage in MK11 is awsome! But, you know what, i watched stream until the end, and i wanna say that, despite that they are developers, they don't know how to play their own game. Why? Cause, if you know how to play, then why in the name of elder gods are you spamming the same projectile over and over and over again? If you know how to play then just go in there and start beating up you opponent, instead of throwing things at him. Other words: if you are spamming, then you don't know how to play!

p.s - Change my mind, i double dare you! :twisted:
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

DTHLongplays wrote:Yeah, Johnny Cage in MK11 is awsome! But, you know what, i watched stream until the end, and i wanna say that, despite that they are developers, they don't know how to play their own game. Why? Cause, if you know how to play, then why in the name of elder gods are you spamming the same projectile over and over and over again? If you know how to play then just go in there and start beating up you opponent, instead of throwing things at him. Other words: if you are spamming, then you don't know how to play!

p.s - Change my mind, i double dare you! :twisted:
They didn't spam, that was Zoning. Spamming is throwing the same move over and over again recklessly with no thought at all, and it's true to all types of attacks and not just projectiles. What the devs did on stream was Zoning, which is throwing the projectiles with thought and strategy. You may not like watching it, but that doesn't change the fact that it requires skill. As a mainly Zoning player myself, I know this very well. Also, 16 Bit and Dizzy are both great players who had a lot of success in tournaments in the past, they know their stuff. And Tyler and Derek are also pretty good players too, I've seen them play for a long time since the MKX Kombat Kast days.

Those are facts dude.
DTHLongplays
Warrior

Post by DTHLongplays »

Spamming is throwing the same move over and over again recklessly with no thought at all
That IS what they did! If you spam the same move all over again, that means spamming. And zoning is, when you trying to push away your opponent by few special moves, and trying to tell him to back of, so you can see what is going on around you and define the strategy of your attack. And don't throw those facts of modern kids to me about zoning, cause that is NOT a zoning, that is trolling, spamming and disrespect to your opponent!
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

DTHLongplays wrote:
Spamming is throwing the same move over and over again recklessly with no thought at all
That IS what they did! If you spam the same move all over again, that means spamming. And zoning is, when you trying to push away your opponent by few special moves, and trying to tell him to back of, so you can see what is going on around you and define the strategy of your attack. And don't throw those facts of modern kids to me about zoning, cause that is NOT a zoning, that is trolling, spamming and disrespect to your opponent!
No, it wasn't spamming, as it wasn't done recklessly. Also, none of them used the same over and over again more then like twice in a row, and they used them depending on their position on the screen. So that is not spamming. And even if you do use a certain move 3-4 times in a row (which they didn't), this can also be a part of conditioning your opponent in order to bait him to make a mistake. If it's like 5 times plus and is clearly seen that is done with not thought at all, only then it's spamming.

Also, Zoning is not about "trying to tell him to back of, so you can see what is going on around you and define the strategy of your attack", it is about controlling the zone around you and your opponent. And then there is Keep away which is simply keeping your opponent away from you, which is another thing they did in their matches.

They know how to play dude.
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

Without going to deep into your discussion whether someone can or can't play the game, because I actually don't care if those guys can or can't, I want to add something. Just because you develop something, (code, desigh, test, whatsoever) doesn't mean you are an expert at using it.

Do you think that the people who create Photoshop are all professional artists? That's completely different set of skills.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Gambid wrote:Without going to deep into your discussion whether someone can or can't play the game, because I actually don't care if those guys can or can't, I want to add something. Just because you develop something, (code, desigh, test, whatsoever) doesn't mean you are an expert at using it.

Do you think that the people who create Photoshop are all professional artists? That's completely different set of skills.
That's true. Never said that Tyler and Derek are top pro players, they are only pretty good, which is still perfectly fine. 16 Bit and Dizzy however are former tournament players, so they are true pros. But you're right in general.

Return to “News Articles”