Is WB Animation Working On An Animated Mortal Kombat Movie?

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Is WB Animation Working On An Animated Mortal Kombat Movie?

Post by Gambid »

Yes, well... at least according to Revenge Of The Fans. Several days ago the website published an exclusive article which reveals WB Animation's plans to release an animated Mortal Kombat movie. This in itself might be great to see, given WB Animations history with creating some amazing movies involving DC characters.

On the other hand the last two attempts at creating an animated Mortal Kombat experience have given us Mortal Kombat: Defenders of The Realm and Mortal Kombat: The Journey Begins and we can argue all night which one is worse.
Mortal Kombat Defenders of The Realm
Currently there is little to no other information to support the statements in this article, so until an official announcement comes from Warner Bros. take all this with a grain of salt and keep your excitement under control.

Do you want to see an animated Mortal Kombat movie? Tell us in the comments below.

I guess there is nothing left to say here, except KOMBAT TIME. The hardcore fans among you will know where this is coming from. The rest, start googling.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.
Attachments
mortal-kombat-defenders-of-the-realm-screencapture.jpg

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: Is WB Animation Working On An Animated Mortal Kombat Mov

Post by Roy Arkon »

Yes both MK Defenders of the Realm and Journey Begins were not good, but considering that this is WB Animation, it's gotta be awesome. Every movie they've made was just that, so it's gotta be the same with Mortal Kombat. According to the article, in case it's all legit, both Steve Blum, Patrick Seitz and Kevin Michael Richardson are all gonna be in the movie, which means we will have the voices for Reptile, Sub-Zero, Bo' Rai Cho, Scorpion, and Goro that we already know and love from the excellent MK story modes and movies of the past (and maybe even the voice of Shao Kahn, as Seitz did voice him in MK Vs. DC) . So if it is legit, that's already a huge pro.

I also have a wild prediction: If this movie will come to fruition, it will be a sequel to MK11 or a prequel to MK12, or maybe even tell events that happened between chapters in the MK11 story mode, in a similar fashion to the semi-canon MKX Comics.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome

Return to “News Articles”