Ed Boon Talks MK 25th Anniversary and a New Movie

Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Ed Boon Talks MK 25th Anniversary and a New Movie

Post by Roy Arkon »

Mortal Kombat co-creator and head of NetherRealm Studios Ed Boon was interviewed on Giant Bomb at Nite, where he talked about several topics, including MK related ones.

At the 1h30m28s mark, he talks about 25th Anniversary of the Mortal Kombat franchise, as the series will be 25 years old on 10.8.2017. Boon said: "There might be stuff, probably nothing that I'm at liberty to say, it would've been cool if MKX landed on that year (25th Anniversary) but it's not to be. It would be a shame if there's nothing, if we did nothing. I've seen a couple ideas floating around that could be fun."

At the 1h54m34s mark, Boon talks about the idea of a new MK movie: Boon said: " I've seen a lot of stuff too, which I'm definitely not at liberty to say. I personally would love to see a new one but from a young director."
So what could be done for the 25th anniversary of the MK? And what would be in a new MK movie, if there ever will be such one? There are several potential ideas that are possible, we will see.

Credit to Test Your Might.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome

Return to “News Articles”