TRMK Confirmed Mortal Kombat HD Kollection In Development

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

TRMK Confirmed Mortal Kombat HD Kollection In Development

Post by Gambid »

The last couple of days several online stores added Mortal Kombat HD Kollection game for pre-order with a release date of November 2010 for the PlayStation 3. One of the stores even mentioned the inclusion of a Mortal Kombat 9 (2011) demo on the disc.

All of this remained unconfirmed and the stores even removed the listings.

All this changed, when fellow Mortal Kombat fan site and our affiliate TRMK.org was able to confirm the that a High Definition remake of Mortal Kombat 1, Mortal Kombat II and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 is indeed in development.
TRMK has independently confirmed with multiple industry sources that a high definition Mortal Kombat arcade update is indeed currently in development. Mortal Kombat HD Kollection will be a 2D Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection (MK1, MK2 and UMK3) featuring all-new high resolution in game graphics - not simply upscaled graphics, but sharp, crisp, awesome-looking High Definition graphics.

Unlike Capcom's Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix, which required new character drawings, remaking Mortal Kombat in high definition is not as easy. In order to properly recreate the series in HD, Warner Bros. needed to film actors performing the moves like they originally did 20 years ago, just now with better high-definition cameras. Resorting to hand-drawn characters, or using 3D models in place of real actors would just not look right and cause many fans to revolt. However, things are not as simple as that. Since the previous actors are now 20 years older and - in most cases - wouldn't look to be the right age in high definition, Warner Bros. has hired new actors for the various roles and have been busy capturing them over the past few months at a Warner Bros. Studio in Los Angeles. TRMK has also heard that some of the original cast is involved in the filming in some capacity as well.

For an example of the quality of the original captures, take a look at the recently released raw footage from Mortal Kombat 1 over on Daniel Pesina's YouTube account. Clearly back then, the camera used was not of the highest quality. Also, many of the filming sessions were not shot in front of a blue/green screen for easy chroma key. Obviously, a reshoot would be necessary in order to get a proper High Definition worthy image of the characters for an updated Mortal Kombat game.
Click here to read the full article.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Sub-Zero
God
Side: Darkness
XBox Live: Korig

Re: TRMK Confirmed Mortal Kombat HD Kollection In Developmen

Post by Sub-Zero »

WOW! That is out of nowhere!! The fact that they are filming completely different actors and new moves is going to make the trilogy feel like completely different games. Hopefully it doesn't ruin the memories I've had with the trilogy but I'm sure they will do a good job.
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: TRMK Confirmed Mortal Kombat HD Kollection In Developmen

Post by Gambid »

Like completely different games, I hope not.

It all depends on the new actors and the costumes and the time they are ready to invest in making the game play and feel like the original games.

If they want I think they can make it perfect, with exactly the same gameplay as the original games.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster

Return to “News Articles”