Back To Basics With Mortal Kombat, An Ed Boon Interview

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Back To Basics With Mortal Kombat, An Ed Boon Interview

Post by Gambid »

GamaSutra, a website dedicated to the development of games published a three page interview with Mortal Kombat co-creator Ed Bood entitled "Back To Basics With Mortal Kombat". In this interview you will see some of the most interesting questions asked in an interview and answered, including:

- You guys seem to be angling this new Mortal Kombat as a revival, or reinvention, of the franchise. It's been around for so long; at this point, what's the essence of Mortal Kombat? What are you telling your team, and what are you all trying to recapture with this new one?
- Why do you think that in America, one-on-one fighting game development is so rare? Why is there so little of this going on in the U.S.?
- So what do you think of the fighting scene right now? With the new Street Fighter, and Namco's still making Tekken. Do you look to those for inspiration? Does your team look to those for any design cues?
- Back to accessibility, what's more important to you personally, as a designer, when you're setting goals for stuff? Is it more important to please the casual gamer, to make it fun and pick up and play, or the really hardcore guy that plays fighting games very seriously?
- How has the sale from Midway to Warner affected your studio?
- and more...

Click here to read the article.

Thanks to Damian Sopher for the heads-up on this story.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Sub-Zero
God
Side: Darkness
XBox Live: Korig

Re: Back To Basics With Mortal Kombat, An Ed Boon Interview

Post by Sub-Zero »

Thanks for posting this! I read the whole thing and it was a really good interview. Though you don't get really any new info on the game you do get to hear Eds opinion on a lot of things you wouldn't normally hear in a interview.
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: Back To Basics With Mortal Kombat, An Ed Boon Interview

Post by Gambid »

Yep. The questions are really good and unusual.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster

Return to “News Articles”