Mortal Kombat 9 Updates

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Mortal Kombat 9 Updates

Post by Gambid »

One of the reasons for not having any news on Mortal Kombat 9 is simply the fact that there is almost nothing to report. The next Mortal Kombat hasn't even been officially announced yet. Here is what we know so far:

Mortal Kombat 9, as it is currently called, has been in developed for more than an year, actually ever since Mortal Kombat VS. DC Universe was released. The game will use the engine (modified Unreal Engine 3) that was build for Mortal Kombat VS. DC Universe and will return to the dark and bloody roots of the franchise with a guaranteed mature (M) rating.

Currently no characters, arenas, story lines, special moves or Fatalities have been announed.

In February, fellow Mortal Kombat fansite and our affiliate FDMK was the first to report that Dana Lyn Baron, the actress who voiced Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat VS. DC Universe posted the following text on her official website:
In September — right before I left for Paris & the South of France — I reprised my role as Sonya Blade for Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment’s next installment of the MORTAL KOMBAT videogame.
Only a couple of days later FDMK reported that actress Brenda Barrie, who did some motion capture work for Mortal Kombat VS. DC Universe has listed Kitana and Mortal Kombat 9 in the Motion Capture category of her website. Additionally a release date for the game was given: 12.25.2010.

Shortly after both things were discovered, the websites of the two actresses have been changed and the entries for Sonya, Kitana and the release date have been removed.

Does all this mean that the two characters will be in the game? Honestly, it looks good. But don't take all of this for sure thing until an official announcement is made. As for the release date... it was too early for a concrete date. But... we will wait and see.

Nearing a possible official announcement of Mortal Kombat 9, Warner Bros. has started to prepare for the big advertisement campaign and created:

- Official Mortal Kombat YouTube Channel and
- Official Mortal Kombat Facebook page

This possible official announcement might be comming at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3).

The news about Mortal Kombat 9 being part of the games that Warner Bros. will present at the expo was brought to our attention by GamePro who interviewed Warner Interactive President Martin Tremblay. From the article:
GamePro: Warner obviously comes with a whole library of IP. What should we be looking for from Warner next?

MT: If you look at the landscape of publishers, you'll see is everyone has their own crown jewel. They have their own key franchises that they are they developing for a specific audience, that are expecting that game to come out, with quality. We're no different. We're very serious about Batman, we think Batman: Arkham Asylum showed that taking care of our own franchises can really change things, and can make for a very appealing game. Lord of the Rings is clearly very important to our future. Lego is clearly important. Mortal Kombat, you haven't seen anything yet, but we're very proud of what we have so far. We'll be showing very well at E3.
This is pretty much everything that has happened the last few months. Now that we all are up to speed, we are prepared for the big news from this years Electronic Entertainment Expo that will take place June 15-17.2010.

With other words, stay close and you will not miss a thing.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster

Return to “News Articles”