Site Update: Kombat Kolumns Issue 07

Danny
Mortal

Re: Site Update: Kombat Kolumns Issue 07

Post by Danny »

In this Kolumn, in the MK2 section you wrote:

"A lot of sounds are missing and lots of animations are cut or swapped. For example Shang Tsung's victory stance, where he is laughing is just a still image in the arcade original. The laughing animation still exists there but it can be seen only during the credits. The animation exists in the Sega Saturn version too."

I didn't find that Shang Tsung animation in the Genesis version, so I wondered why that arcade detail was discussed here when it's not in this version?

ded
God

Post by ded »

i fixed that, thanks
Danny
Mortal

Post by Danny »

No prob!

Do you have a video from the Saturn version of the winning pose with the sound?
ded
God

Post by ded »

I believe ]{ombat had a video somewhere of it
silent_bomber
Mortal

Post by silent_bomber »

Sorry to unearth an old thread.

Just wanted to say I was surprised by some of the comments on the four Genesis Mortal Kombat's, I hang around a few dedicated Sega forums and generally its usually agreed upon that MK1, and MK2 are the two really awful Mortal Kombats on the system, whilst MK3, and UMK3 are well respected as being much more authentic, and well made ports, I'm not really experienced enough to make a decision myself (they all seem alright to me to be honest).

In regards to the whole "lets try to focus on the pro's" discussion, I think it would be nice to go into a little more detail in regards to the music of the first two games, as the 1st one especially has a very different (and in my opinion equally great) exclusive soundtrack of remixes and original compositions. The music was done by a well respected chip music programmer called Matt Furniss.
What is a real crime here is that they removed the crouch punch (D+LP) for some reason.
Possibly removed for 3-button controller optimisation and then forgotten to be added for 6-button controllers?

Return to “News Articles”