Mortal Kombat Secrets Goes To School

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Mortal Kombat Secrets Goes To School

Post by Gambid »

Yep that's right. If Mortal Kombat Secrets was a child, this year it should start going to school. Why? Because it just turned 7.

The first of march is here (again). Time to a look back at what we have accomplished, time to look forward and make some plans for the future of the site.

We all had a pretty amazing, exciting, shocking, terrifying and sad year. This year just had it all:

Here is a small list of the news that really made this year what it is:

Excitement

The excitement of the gamers for the not yet announced Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe was so big that a month before Midway Gamer's Day the internet was full of rumors, fake/false information and hundreds of people who claimed that they know someone, who knows someone, whose uncle works at Midway and told them that...

Probably the most successful one was a fake trailer, that appeared on YouTube and actually managed to fool each and everyone of us at one moment or another.

Leaked Mortal Kombat 8 Teaser Trailer?

Shock

I am sure that all of you remember this moment but it is and will still be worth mentioning even after 10 years. The big excitement about the upcoming announcement of the next Mortal Kombat game let to an explosive first reaction. Mortal Kombat Secrets was the site that confirmed that the title of the game will be Mortal Kombat VS. DC Universe causing a reaction that blew up the entire Mortal Kombat Community. People didn't want to believe, people called the site and me personally liars, people threaten to leave the franchise forever if the story turns out to be true.

A few days later the official announcement was made. This only made things worse. The number of shocked, angry and disappointed people only escalated. Fortunately no one accused us of anything any more. No one apologized for everything that was written about the site all over the Internet either, but that's a completely different story. We survived it and moved on.

This entire situation continued a lot longer then most people expected, showing the MK Team and the world just how passionate and protective the Mortal Kombat Comunity is.

Things started to calm down after more gameplay details were revealed.

Mortal Kombat VS. DC Universe News

Amazing

The most amazing thing surely is the release of Mortal Kombat VS. DC Universe. The game left some of the fans with mixed feelings but it has already sold more then 2 million copies worldwide and when the numbers are speaking even the gods are silent.

Sadness

The success of one game alone can't save an entire company. And unfortunately the financial state of Midway isn't good at all. The company can still operate under the protection of Chapter 11 but the question marks still remains.

The next Mortal Kombat game is currently in development. What will happen with it if Midway's attempts of saving themselves fail. Will the next installment of the game be rushed, just to win some more extra cash, will the next game even make it. With the company in bad shape, the future of the franchise has never been so unclear as it is today.

During our next year online, we plan to expand the content of the site even more and cover the development of next Mortal Kombat game.

We have already put things in motion for some great new projects and features that the site will offer in the future.

We are grateful to you for being a loyal visitors and we promise to do our best not to disappoint in the future just as we never did in the past.

Thank you for making us the great website that we are.

Happy Birthday Mortal Kombat Secrets
The Most Informative Mortal Kombat Site On The Web

The Mortal Kombat Secrets Staff Members

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Sub-Zero
God
Side: Darkness
XBox Live: Korig

Re: Mortal Kombat Secrets Goes To School

Post by Sub-Zero »

Happy birthday guys! :D

still the best site for mk info by far
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

Thanks you,
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
ded
God

Post by ded »

Sub-Zero wrote:Happy birthday guys! :D

still the best site for mk info by far
We have tons of information wich still waits to be updated. Only time will tell when thu :/
salmaan shah
Mortal

Post by salmaan shah »

happy birthday :lol:
ninjaturkey14
Mortal

Post by ninjaturkey14 »

dont kids go to school at 5? they start kindergarten at 5!

Return to “News Articles”