Mortal Kombat: The Dark Tournament

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Mortal Kombat: The Dark Tournament

Post by Gambid »

Mortal Kombat: The Dark Tournament is a fan game, written by our forum member Masos in Turbo Pascal 7.0. It is still in development, and we now have some new information about it. Masos posted a preview of his game at his personal webpage. Below is part of the text:
When I started Mortal Kombat: The Dark Tournament six months ago I wanted to be an ordinary free game. Well as for the graphics it really is. There aren't any sounds and could not make a revolution in fighting games with... Pascal. All that came to my mind was the story.

The plot of MK:TDT will show you the world of Mortal Kombat in a different light. the first campaign you play with Scorpion - a candidate for the next emperor of Outworld. This campaign and the game as a whole aim to get you known with the different world of Mortal Kombat. The real action will come in the second game. However, the plot will be interesting and will make you play every next battle. The second campaign remains for Prince Necross (one of the new characters) and its plot is now unknown.

The gameplay in MK:TDT will not be like in MK1-4 but more like the gameplay we saw in MK:DA and MK:TE for GBA. Unfortunately it won't offer as many attacks as the commercial games but there are a lot of strategies for beating your enemies. The characters (both playable and unplayable) will be over 20 and they will be all made with letters and punctuation marks. However this will not be the weakest point of the game. Perhaps the worst is that there are not any sounds. But if you want Dolby Surround in Pascal perhaps you don't know what Turbo Pascal 7.0 is.
According to the latest information we got Quan Chi and Ermac will also appear in MK: TDT. There will be some new characters made for the game. There will be some mini-games too. Curently only Test Your Harpoon is developed. MK: TDT will be completely free and will appear this summer here at Mortal Kombat Secrets.

A very early beta of the game you can download from here

Click here if you want to vesit MK: TDT' Official Webpage and see some screenshots.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Masos
Immortal

Re: Mortal Kombat: The Dark Tournament

Post by Masos »

Hi again! I am back from the hospital. I have some health problems.
Gambid thank you for the preview and for the comment about the article on MK:D in Neo Gamer. IWhen I got the magazine I wanted to tare it.

Btw. The info about MK:TDT story is not actual. I changed it :D Well it is the story that causes so much troubles and that is why the game will appear in the summer.
A TOURNAMENT AWAITS...
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

You were in the hospital :o :o :o , why? What was wrong with you?
Gambid thank you for the preview and for the comment about the article on MK:D in Neo Gamer. IWhen I got the magazine I wanted to tare it.
I was very disapointed also.
Btw. The info about MK:TDT story is not actual. I changed it  Well it is the story that causes so much troubles and that is why the game will appear in the summer.
There was no way I could know that.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Masos
Immortal

Post by Masos »

Well I do not know how's that in English - Apendicite or kind of problem with my apendix. :D :D :D

And about the story - yes noone actually knows about the changes.
A TOURNAMENT AWAITS...

Return to “News Articles”