1.8 Million Copies of MK vs. DCU Sold, Next MK In The Works

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

1.8 Million Copies of MK vs. DCU Sold, Next MK In The Works

Post by Gambid »

Midway has just announced that over 1,8 Million copies of Mortal Kombat VS. DC Universe have been sold worldwide. Commenting the success of the game, creative director Ed Boon shares with us that work on the next installment of the franchise has already begun. From the press release:
Well Over One Million Units of Mortal Kombat® vs. DC Universe Sold Worldwide

CHICAGO – January 26, 2009 – Midway Games Inc. (NYSE: MWY), a leading interactive entertainment publisher and developer, today announced that the company has shipped approximately 1.8 million units of Mortal Kombat® vs. DC Universe worldwide for the Xbox®360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.

"Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe was the result of countless hours of hard work by many people, and seeing the game surpass the million-seller plateau makes it worth all the effort," said Ed Boon, Mortal Kombat co-founder and creative director, Midway. "We're already hard at work on our next version of Mortal Kombat, and look forward to being able to reveal more details in the future."

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe also continues to set a number of internal Midway records. The game was the most pre-ordered MK title in company history, and more than 3.6 million Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe matches have been played online worldwide for the PS3, according to numbers from GameSpy Technology,* which provides connected gaming, multiplayer and statistics gathering services to the title.

The standard edition of Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe is available for a U.S. suggested retail price of $59.95, and a limited number of copies of the Kollector's Edition are still available for a U.S. suggested retail price of $69.95.
Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Sub-Zero
God
Side: Darkness
XBox Live: Korig

Re: 1.8 Million Copies of MK vs. DCU Sold, Next MK In The Works

Post by Sub-Zero »

I'm confused. Is the game still going to be made even though they're going bankrupt?
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: 1.8 Million Copies of MK vs. DCU Sold, Next MK In The Works

Post by Gambid »

Midway is not bankrupting. They are going for reorganization.
They are still going to operate as usual, at least for the moment.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster

Return to “News Articles”