Unexpected Death

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Unexpected Death

Post by Gambid »

The Actor Trevor Goddard, who starred in the first "Mortal Kombat" movie as Kano was found dead in his North Hollywood home. The cause of his death is still unknown.

Trevor Goddard has starred in "Jag", "Deep Rising" and "Gone in Sixty Seconds" too.

Update - Here is the text from the complete article posted on MSNBC
"Actor Found Dead In Southland Home

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, Calif., 1:09 p.m. PDT June 9, 2003 - Muscleman actor Trevor Goddard, a former boxer who once had a recurring role on the TV series "JAG" and plays a pirate in the upcoming movie "Pirates of the Caribbean," died in an apparent suicide, investigators said Monday. He was 37.

Goddard's body was found in his North Hollywood home on Sunday by a woman who also lived at the location, according to Officer Grace Brady, a police spokeswoman. Police said they could not disclose her relationship to Goddard.

An autopsy was planned Monday but the death had already been classified as suicide with prescription drugs, said Lt. Fred Corral of the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office.

Corral said Goddard was in the midst of a divorce and his estranged wife, Ruthann, was in San Francisco during the weekend. The couple has two young sons.

Born in Perth, Australia, Goddard's work as a professional boxer led to an acting role in a beer commercial.

From there he had a small role in the 1994 action film "Men of War" and played the martial-arts fighter Kano in 1995's "Mortal Kombat," based on the popular fighting video game.

In 1998, Goddard began a recurring part on the military TV series "JAG" as Lt. Cmdr. Michael "Mic" Brumby, a role he played until 2001. Other film credits include 1998's "Deep Rising," an uncredited role in 2000's car-theft thriller "Gone in 60 Seconds" and the role of Grapple in Disney's upcoming "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl."

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster

Return to “News Articles”