GameSpot: Ultimate Mortal Kombat Preview

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

GameSpot: Ultimate Mortal Kombat Preview

Post by Gambid »

GameSpot has published a preview of Ultimate Mortal Kombat for Nintendo DS. From the article:
Soon Midway will further its quest to bring classic Mortal Kombat games to every imaginable platform with Ultimate Mortal Kombat on the Nintendo DS. It's become woefully evident in the past few years that improved hardware doesn't necessarily equate to proper emulation of classic arcade games, so we were a little wary of how well this one would play on a system as relatively simple as the DS. Luckily, it seems our concerns were misplaced because it looks like Midway has managed to efficiently cram the entirety of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (and then some) into this cart.
The gameplay is spot-on with the DS controls. Anyone who spent time playing any MK on a Super Nintendo pad will feel right at home here, and even if not, it won't take you more than a few minutes to get up to speed. As veterans of UMK3 ourselves, we were able to jump on then start whipping out combos and fatalities almost instantly. And even if you forget how to do any of your characters' special moves and finishers, you'll see a display of all your moves on the other screen throughout any match. (Which screen displays the fighting and which one shows the move list is configurable in the options.) The bottom line is that we're amazed at how much this game feels like the original arcade game; it's a surprisingly high-quality version of UMK3, from what we've played so far.

Ultimate Mortal Kombat will be released on November 12 (USA, Canada) and on November 30 (Europe).

Click here to read the entire preview.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster

Return to “News Articles”