PSM Article Summary

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

PSM Article Summary

Post by Gambid »

Our affiliate Dave's Mortal Kombat updated with the most important information from the PSM first look at Mortal Kombat: Deception. Here is the information:
- Returning characters Sindel, Nightwolf & Kenshi confirmed
- Unknown character in previous PSM update confirmed to be Sub-Zero's alternate look
- New characters Hotaru (male) & Ashrah (female connection to Raiden currently unknown)
- Background weapons (each with own set of moves) much more powerful than standard weapons which are marked in green
- Good items marked in green and dangerous areas marked in red
- Background stages named: Beetle Lair, Slaughterhouse (with meat grinder fatality), Sky Temple (lighting weather affects), The Netherbelly (interior of Nethership in MK:DA with swinging corpses, multiple floors & monks grab players on walls of ship)
- Article emphasizes on massive multi-tiered background environments (far exceeding MK:DA's stages)
- Stage Fatality: Players thrown into red pane of glass eaten by thousands of insects
- Hari-Kari suicide fatality revealed
- Konquest mode returns: Every character from each Mortal Kombat game appear, player starts as a monk and evolves into skilled customized warrior in village local environment (Grand Theft Auto style & real time affects similar to Shenmue)
- Side Games: Puzzle Kombat & untitled strategy board game (playable online)
- Deception first fighting game online for PlayStation 2
- Storyline picks up immediately after the events of Deadly Alliance
- New boss revealed as the Dragon King
- Two fatalities per character plus one Hari-Kari
IF you look at the Strategy Board Game screenshot on page 62 you will see some familiar characters from MK: DA: Kitana, Quan Chi, Sub-Zero and Scorpion. They all wear their old costumes. On one of the screenshots from Konquest mode you can recognize Bo' Rai Cho. You can also see Smoke (Human) on a consept art image shown on page 60. Will these 4 character (Kitana, Bo' Rai Cho, Quan Chi and Smoke) be playable is still unknown.

Dave's Mortal Kombat also has scans of all pages of the article. Visit the site to see them.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
MiNeOuT
God

Re: PSM Article Summary

Post by MiNeOuT »

By the look of things, this game will difinitely pass Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance in sales.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

I hopem that it will be so successfully, that they will decide to make a PC version too.
I Rule This World!

ded
God

Post by ded »

a pc version.... :) lets hope that until then it will be released some workin ps2 or xbox emulator
MiNeOuT
God

Post by MiNeOuT »

There is an working PS2 emulator right now.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

No, there is not. There is an amulator that runs several games, but that's all. This emulator also shows MK: DA loading srean and freeses.
I Rule This World!

Return to “News Articles”