Mortal Kombat II For PlayStation 3

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Mortal Kombat II For PlayStation 3

Post by Gambid »

In a press release Sony Online Entertainment announced that Mortak Kombat II and other five classic Midway games will be released as downloadable titles for PlayStation 3. From the press release:
SONY ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT AND MIDWAY TEAM UP FOR SIX PLAYSTATION®3 SYSTEM DOWNLOADABLE TITLES Sony Online Entertainment to Bring Classic Games from Midway to the PLAYSTATION®Network Early This Year

SAN DIEGO, Calif. – January 8, 2007 – Sony Online Entertainment, (SOE) a global leader in the online gaming industry, announced that it has licensed the rights from Midway Home Entertainment Inc., a leading interactive entertainment industry publisher and developer, to develop and release six classic Midway games for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. The games will be available for digital download through the PLAYSTATION® Network; with the first game being available in early 2007.

The six downloadable titles are: Mortal Kombat® II, Gauntlet®II, Joust®, Rampage World Tour®, Rampart® and Championship Sprint®. Each title was specifically chosen because of its multiplayer capability, allowing players to experience each of these classics with their friends in the comfort of their own living room, or anywhere else through an internet connection. All of the titles will be offered for PLAYSTATION 3 system download exclusively through the PLAYSTATION Network.

“We knew these titles would be a perfect fit for the PLAYSTATION Network, and based on Sony Online Entertainment’s legacy in the online space as well as their intimate knowledge of the PLAYSTATION Network, it was an obvious decision they would be a top company to work with to bring this project to fruition,” said Steve Allison, chief marketing officer, Midway. In addition to its work on the development of the PLAYSTATION Network, SOE released a PLAYSTATION 3 launch title, Untold Legends™ Dark Kingdom™, in November of 2006.

“This is a great opportunity for SOE and Midway to come together to bring these arcade treasures to the next-generation of gaming on the PLAYSTATION 3,” said John Needham, Sr. Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Sony Online Entertainment. “SOE will continue to explore additional opportunities to bring fun and unique digital content to the PLAYSTATION Network.”

Click here to see the entire text of the press release.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Noobiano
Master

Re: Mortal Kombat II For PlayStation 3

Post by Noobiano »

Mortal Kombat II for Playstation 3?! Amazing!
Noob Saibottobias booN
LordScorpion
God

Post by LordScorpion »

<span style='color:orange'>Even though i already knew this,Thx for the news Gambid.and yea it is a great news.MKII - My fav. mk game,for the PS3 - PWNAGE! :D </span>
MKFreeze27
Apprentice

Post by MKFreeze27 »

I dont think there going to make a MK for the PS3

Never mind
MKfreeze27

May the enitre world LIVE IN THE COLD
ogrebot360
God

Post by ogrebot360 »

Interesting. Perhaps I wont' wait till Heavy Rain to buy a PS3 after all.
Noobiano
Master

Post by Noobiano »

MKFreeze27 wrote: I dont think there going to make a MK for the PS3

Never mind
Why? They already announced that.
Noob Saibottobias booN

Return to “News Articles”