Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 Reviews

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 Reviews

Post by Gambid »

Both, IGN.com and GameSpot have reviewed the newly released Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 for XBox 360. Below are parts of the articles:
IGN

Now on Xbox Live Arcade, UMK3 is a decent game, a faithful port of a fun yet flawed game that longtime fans will love. Others, well, they hate this game.
The Kakoon of Doom.
That's mostly because it's a quarter-stealer. The rubber band AI allows you to win a match and in a fashion that's usually way too easy. Then, feeling confident, the next opponent guesses your every move, reacting to projectiles and jumps and combos faster than any human could ever do. After pumping in a few more quarters and losing terribly again and again, the AI will let up on you and give you an easy victory. Until your next opponent.

GameSpot

In the early 90s, before first-person shooters became the competitive genre of choice for video games and the rise of the Internet removed most of our reasons to actually leave the house, you used to have to go outside to find good video game competition. And when you got out to those arcades, the genre of choice was the fighting game. The halcyon days of arcades are way behind us now, and the 2D fighting game has all but gone with them. The burgeoning retrogaming movement, combined with the power of the Internet, offers a lot of potential for the fighting genre, but there haven't been very many fighting games with online play at all, and those that do have it usually haven't worked very well. Now, Midway and the emulation wizards at Digital Eclipse are taking another crack at 2D fighting on the Xbox 360 with the release of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, the last 2D Mortal Kombat game to hit arcades. It's a terrific version of the arcade original, and on top of that, the online actually works really well.
The Xbox 360 version of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 is an accurate rendition of the original arcade machine, which, surprisingly, hasn't been done before. Other Midway classic compilations have often botched the MK games, but you won't be bogged down with between-fight load times, and things like Shang Tsung's morphing abilities also work just fine, with no hitches. About the only thing you'll notice is that occasionally the music pauses for a moment if you end a fight without doing a finishing move. But, overall, the sound is actually better than it was in the arcade version. The developers must have gone back to the original source files for all of the music and sound effects, because there's a clarity to them that simply isn't in the original game. There's some great music in UMK3, and it's nice to be able to hear it at full fidelity.
Click here to read GameSpot's Review and here for the one published by IGN.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Sub-Zero
God
Side: Darkness
XBox Live: Korig

Re: Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 Reviews

Post by Sub-Zero »

It is really good, except for the fact that you can only join a game when the host and other players are in the lobby. If you try to join a game while they're fighting a message comes up saying something like Unable to join game and since people are fighting for about 98% of the time it can be hard to join a game. I've at least spent about 5 min. trying to join a game and when I do get in it's usually someone who's not there, or people jus talking.
Besides that it's my favourite Xbox Live Arcade Game [but I also think the AI is to hard, even on novice].
Alucard
Grand Master

Post by Alucard »

Is this new already, i swear that the online gaming is way too old. That's for the people who haves an xbox360, the only use they can usally have i guess. UMK3 online.
Sub-Zero
God
Side: Darkness
XBox Live: Korig

Post by Sub-Zero »

I'm so bad at arcade mode in this game, I got up to Shao Kahn but I can't beat it, what's been working best for me is continue uppercutting him and as soon as he hits the ground freeze him and repeat but it doesn't always work. The closest I've gotten is round 3 and were both in danger, but then he kills me. So does anyone have a certain way of beating him or do I just try, try again?
Sorry for making this posts pratically right after I made this posts I beat him, though it did take me a long time to do so so I still want to know if there's a certain way I can beat him easiely.
Alucard
Grand Master

Post by Alucard »

Sub-Zero wrote: I'm so bad at arcade mode in this game, I got up to Shao Kahn but I can't beat it, what's been working best for me is continue uppercutting him and as soon as he hits the ground freeze him and repeat but it doesn't always work. The closest I've gotten is round 3 and were both in danger, but then he kills me. So does anyone have a certain way of beating him or do I just try, try again?

Your weakness perhaps is the hype, you thinks this version has a different crap & challenge but nope.. it is all the same bllsht & even the same difficulty. To kill shao kahn easily just do it with uppercut method, it is effective, also motaro is very easy to beat.
WarriorWithin
Master

Post by WarriorWithin »

cool,so it's like UMK3 Online??
The Shut Up List
1.Lin Kuei Prodigy
2.Alucard

N00bs aren't welcome on MKS.People who think im a n00b,they're dumasses.
Inferno
ReptileLord

My Forum: MK Armageddon Online

Alucard
Grand Master

Post by Alucard »

Is ths a spam? DUH!!! IT IS XBOX LIVE DUH!!!
Arcade/online > DUH!!!
mordeaci
Mortal

Post by mordeaci »

Yep but y buy xbox live when u can play on kallieria?
Alucard
Grand Master

Post by Alucard »

mordeaci wrote: Yep but y buy xbox live when u can play on kallieria?
Yeah & also free when you play on kalliera. Xbox live is sucksville.

Return to “News Articles”