Mortal Kombat Game Stars Join Movie Cast

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Mortal Kombat Game Stars Join Movie Cast

Post by Gambid »

Press Release from DarkMaze:
CHAMPAIGN, IL (March 9, 2006) – The latest actors to join the cast of Dark Maze Studios' upcoming film Press Start may not have the most recognizable faces, but videogamers will recognize their moves anywhere. Daniel and Carlos Pesina, known to many as Johnny Cage and Raiden from the Mortal Kombat™ game series, will be helping to spoof the type of roles they made famous.

Daniel Pesina is perhaps best known for his multiple roles as fighters Johnny Cage, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and Reptile from the first two Mortal Kombat™ videogames. His film career includes roles in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies and The Book of Swords. As a martial artist, Daniel has won numerous awards in forms, weapons and fighting on the A.A.U., N.A.S.K.A., and U.S.A. KungFu/Wushu circuits. He currently teaches Wushu in Chicago, IL.

Carlos Pesina, aside from being an accomplished martial artist with 20 years of experience, is a motion capture artist and animator for Midway Games. He's renowned for his behind-the-scenes work on fighting games, where his research into martial arts styles has added new levels of depth to game play and his motion capture expertise has earned him the nickname “One Take.” Mortal Kombat™ fans, however, best know him for his on-monitor performance as the thunder god Raiden.
Image Image
“It's a thrill to have Daniel and Carlos onboard,” beams director Ed Glaser. “Not only are they skilled and professional, not only are they living videogame icons, but they have a terrific sense of humor about what they do. I think videogame fans are going to love seeing them in these roles. Viewers who realize that they're watching the Real Deal will find that extra level of humor that makes their scenes just a bit funnier.”

Press Start tells the story of a suburban youth in a videogame world who discovers his adventurous, if berserk, destiny when he's recruited by an ill-tempered ninja and a tough-as-nails space soldier to save the world from a tyrannical, but comically insecure, sorcerer.
Click here to see more information and images.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
V2WS
Mortal

Re: Mortal Kombat Game Stars Join Movie Cast

Post by V2WS »

Wtf? LOL.
lin kuei prodigy
God

Re: Mortal Kombat Game Stars Join Movie Cast

Post by lin kuei prodigy »

Video game is 1 thing & acting is.. WTF? insane.
SWEET!!! WE GOT TO STICK TOGETHER!!! SWEET!!!

Return to “News Articles”