MK: Deadly Alliance Nominated for BAFTA Award

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

MK: Deadly Alliance Nominated for BAFTA Award

Post by Gambid »

Midway Games has announced that MK:DA has been nominated for an award by the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA), in the Action Category! The others in the same category are:

Amplitude - Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, Harmonix
Eyetoy: Play - Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, London Studios
GTA: Vice City - Rockstar Games, Rockstar North
Metroid Prime - Nintendo, Retro Studios, Nintendo
Ratchet and Clank - Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, Insomniac Games Inc.

Here is the full text of the press release:
MIDWAY'S MORTAL KOMBAT: DEADLY ALLIANCE NOMINATED IN THE 2003 BAFTA INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT AWARDS

London - November 13th, 2003 Midway Games Ltd. (NYSE: MWY), a leading software industry publisher and developer, announced today that Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance has been nominated in the Action category for the 2003 BAFTA Interactive Entertainment awards.

"Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance took gamers by storm in 2003, and the fact that it sold-through over 2 million units worldwide proves the franchise is continuing to define the fighting genre." Said Matt Broughton, European Marketing Director, Midway. "We are delighted to be nominated for a BAFTA in the Action category, sitting along-side the likes of GTA: Vice City and Metroid Prime."

Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance delivers the highly-acclaimed series on the next-generation consoles with a lethal dose of unparalleled brutality, supernatural mystique and a reinvented fighting system - all powered by a new engine that rewards longtime fans of the franchise as well as next-generation game lovers. The BAFTA Interactive Entertainment Awards will take place on February 25th 2004 and will feature the games that form one of the most popular entertainment industries in the world today.

MIDWAY is a registered trademark of Midway Amusement Games, LLC. Nintendo and the Game Boy Advance are trademarks of Nintendo. © 2001 Nintendo. All other trademarks are the property of their respective companies.

© 2003 DIC Entertainment Corp. Used under license. All rights reserved.

This press release contains forward-looking statements concerning future business conditions and the outlook for Midway Games Inc. (the "Company") based on currently available information that involve risks and uncertainties. The Company's actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in the forward-looking statements as a result of these risks and uncertainties, including, without limitation, the financial strength of the interactive entertainment industry, dependence on new product introductions and the ability to maintain the scheduling of such introductions, technological changes, dependence on major platform manufacturers and other risks more fully described under "Item 1. Business - Risk Factors" in Amendment No. 1 to our Annual Report on Form 10-K/A for the year ended December 31, 2002, and in the other more recent filings made by the Company with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
The 2003 BAFTA Games awards ceremony will take place on February 25th, 2004.

Click here if you want to see all nominated in all categories.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
MiNeOuT
God

Re: MK: Deadly Alliance Nominated for BAFTA Award

Post by MiNeOuT »

Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance is a great hit. When Mortal Kombat 6 comes out, I can tell its going to be greater.
Halberd
Master

Post by Halberd »

Yep, Mortal Kom,bat is an incredible game, deserves a nomination, maybe even the award!
veselaki
Master

Post by veselaki »

Im sure MKDA will get award!
RULE'EM ALL...
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

I hope it will winn. But the others nominated are great games too (unfortunatelly).
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Halberd
Master

Post by Halberd »

Biggest threat is Vice City..Ratchet and Clank no chance! :D

Too bad we can't all vote for DA!

Return to “News Articles”