TeamXBox: MK: SM Exclusive Opening Movie

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

TeamXBox: MK: SM Exclusive Opening Movie

Post by Gambid »

TeamXBox have published the full Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks Opening Movie. Below is a part of the article and a few screenshots from the video:
Ok, so maybe fully rendered CG cut-scenes don’t necessarily make or break a game, but having kick ass ones, certainly helps…just look at the Final Fantasy series. It’s not too often that we get pumped from a cut-scene either, but after watching the extensive opening sequence to Midway’s Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks, the hair stood up on the back of our necks.
Image Image Image Image Image
TeamXBox have also updated with all the movies that appeared on GameSpot. Only theirs are with better quality.

Click here to download all movies.

Thanks to our forum member cek12345 for this update.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
goatsukel
Apprentice

Re: TeamXBox: MK: SM Exclusive Opening Movie

Post by goatsukel »

well they're already starting to screw up the plot from the opening scene.

1- Earthrelm dudes fighting earthrelm dudes. (i'll let that slide)
2- Scorpion doesnt kill Sun Zero = Noob Saibot doesnt exist :(
3- Shouldnt Baraka be attacking the academy, instead of being on Tsung's island.

also i thought tournement combat was 1 one 1? so says animated mortal kombat movie.

edit: besides those, that was the best opening video for a video game i've ever seen. Intense as all hell and made me go :wacko: alot, from amazingness.
i regret that i only have one life to give, for rock and roll
Z.44
Master

Post by Z.44 »

Hey, why aren't Kitana, Mileena, Jax, Smoke, Noob, or Jade in the scrap? :huh: I thought every mk1 & mk2 char was n the game.
cek12345
Mortal

Post by cek12345 »

Atleast I hope you all liked the video. As for the plot...well I don't know, I guess they had to change it some to fit with other parts of the story in MKSM. I know everything wont be exactly the same because they had to change some things to get the story to work. And as for kitana, mileena, jax, etc... I think that since this is right after MK1 that you meet them later on in the story (like you meet kitana, jade, mileena in your battle in outworld or something). that's my 2 cents for luck :-P
goatsukel
Apprentice

Post by goatsukel »

Z.44 wrote:Hey, why aren't Kitana, Mileena, Jax, Smoke, Noob, or Jade in the scrap? :huh: I thought every mk1 & mk2 char was n the game.
Noob hasnt been formed yet because sub zero hasnt gone to the netherelm yet. Jax is on a boat near the island. I dont know if Mileena has been created yet. Most of those characters didnt show up into the games untill MK2 and this is the MK1 tournement.

cek12345 is probably right about meeting people. But i still dont know what the hell they're going to do about Noob. he's my favorite man so if they screw with his plot (which they already have) im gunna be pissed... but i will still play this game for about 5 months straight.
Z.44
Master

Post by Z.44 »

I already saw kittana and mileena, but where are Smoke and Jade?
goatsukel
Apprentice

Post by goatsukel »

Z.44 wrote: I already saw kittana and mileena, but where are Smoke and Jade?
Are you talking about the opening video? Or the entire game?
Sniper Wolf 1122
God
PSN: Sever2ndtoNone

Post by Sniper Wolf 1122 »

yo, thos game looks so cool i cant wait. and reptiles a cannibal now or what? lol. i just pre-ordered it.
Infierno4551
God

Post by Infierno4551 »

goatsukel wrote: well they're already starting to screw up the plot from the opening scene.

1- Earthrelm dudes fighting earthrelm dudes. (i'll let that slide)
2- Scorpion doesnt kill Sun Zero = Noob Saibot doesnt exist :(
3- Shouldnt Baraka be attacking the academy, instead of being on Tsung's island.

also i thought tournement combat was 1 one 1? so says animated mortal kombat movie.

edit: besides those, that was the best opening video for a video game i've ever seen. Intense as all hell and made me go :wacko: alot, from amazingness.
earthrealm dudes fight earthrealm dudes? First of Kano is a enemy to earthrealm so yeah they're fight him. And the only other earthrealm dudes, besided Sub-Zero is the guys Shang Tsung turns into.

Scorpion is suppose to kill Sub-Zero #1 in.
Sniper Wolf 1122
God

what! they kill sub-zero again? hes bettert than scorpion though, or atleast looked it in the intro, i guess thats how its supposed to be
goatsukel
Apprentice

Post by goatsukel »

Infierno4551 wrote: earthrealm dudes fight earthrealm dudes? First of Kano is a enemy to earthrealm so yeah they're fight him. And the only other earthrealm dudes, besided Sub-Zero is the guys Shang Tsung turns into.

well if kano did win, his victory would go to earth. it does make sense that sonya is fighting him but, tsung shouldnt allow it because it would jepordize his chances of winning the tournment.

also i have seen somewhere that kano, sonya, and cage were fighting goro when the island collapsed. (ill look for where i found that later, comic book maybe)
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

In the original Mortal Kombat II comic book Sonya, Kano and Cage are fighting Goro. Cage tells this to Jax when he is found by the US Special Forces ship.

Jax: Sonya, fighting alongside Kano, that's impossible.
Cage: She didn't have a choice.

Well I do not remember the text as it was, but it was something like that.
The change a lot of the story of the first two games later.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Z.44
Master

Post by Z.44 »

goatsukel wrote:
Z.44 wrote: I already saw kittana and mileena, but where are Smoke and Jade?
Are you talking about the opening video? Or the entire game?
the whole game. :)
Sniper Wolf 1122
God

goatsukel wrote:
Infierno4551 wrote: earthrealm dudes fight earthrealm dudes? First of Kano is a enemy to earthrealm so yeah they're fight him. And the only other earthrealm dudes, besided Sub-Zero is the guys Shang Tsung turns into.

well if kano did win, his victory would go to earth. it does make sense that sonya is fighting him but, tsung shouldnt allow it because it would jepordize his chances of winning the tournment.

also i have seen somewhere that kano, sonya, and cage were fighting goro when the island collapsed. (ill look for where i found that later, comic book maybe)
i hate kano, sonya will kill him. he sucks.

Return to “News Articles”