Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks First Look

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks First Look

Post by Gambid »

GameSpot have posted an exclusive first look on the next Mortal Kombat game, Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks. Below is a part of the article:
Few hard details have been revealed so far about Shaolin Monks' gameplay or setting--the game looks to be a brawler-style action game, and it's a pretty safe bet that we'll be seeing plenty of places and faces from previous MK fighting games in this new action adventure. Mortal Kombat fans will notice Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Mileena, and the recently returned Baraka in the new screenshots, not to mention backgrounds like the portal and the tower from Mortal Kombat II. Interestingly enough, some screens show several Baraka-like characters fighting at one time. Perhaps we'll finally get some more background on Baraka's often-discussed race of Outworld mutants as Shaolin Monks' storyline unfolds.

The game will have both single-player and cooperative modes, and though the number of simultaneous players hasn't been revealed, it's worth noting that the screenshots don't seem to contain more than two classic characters onscreen at any one time. Like the recently released Mortal Kombat: Deception, Shaolin Monks will contain many backgrounds with interactive features like spiked ceilings, acid pits, and living trees (we appreciate the many nods to MKII that are apparently being included in the game). And of course, no Mortal Kombat game would be complete without a host of gory new fatalities.
The article also contains the first 8 screenshots of Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks

You can read the complete text of the article and see the screenshots here.

In another update GameSpot announced that Midway plan to release a new Mortal Kombat game every year:
The other big change to the Mortal Kombat series is its frequency. In a statement, Midway president David F. Zucker said a new game in the franchise would arrive each year. “Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks is also our first step toward delivering something that Mortal Kombat fans have been calling for: a new game set in the Mortal Kombat universe every year," he said. "We are planning our Mortal Kombat release schedule with the expectation that we will deliver a new Mortal Kombat title annually.”
Click here to read the news.

Thanks to our site visitor Jeff Henry for the heads-up on this story.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Tony Hawk
Warrior

Re: Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks First Look

Post by Tony Hawk »

i told everyone that it wuz an adventure game but noone listened...
NEED HELP FINDING MK EPIC BATTLES TRADING CARDS
the Undead
God

Post by the Undead »

Tony Hawk wrote: i told everyone that it wuz an adventure game but noone listened...
its gonna be like mkm and mksf not mk 7 its gonna most likely be a side title tho so you were wrong good try tho . it would be a mistake i think to make mk7 an adventure game becuz every one wants fighting thats why they buy deception.
Clowny
Grand Master

Post by Clowny »

In the game informer article they said it would be a side adventure game. Anyway MK7 is coming out for PS3 and Xbox 2 or whatever it is called.
ded
God

Post by ded »

its called mk: shaolin monks, it will be in mythologies series, not mk7
Clowny
Grand Master

Post by Clowny »

Exactly what I said.
Tony Hawk
Warrior

Post by Tony Hawk »

Thank u Clowny!!! :D :D :D
ded
God

Post by ded »

MK: Shaolin Monks is not, and never be mk7!
Infierno4551
God

Post by Infierno4551 »

MK7 beginning an adventure game wouldn't be cool. All the adventure games are something different then the original games.
Tony Hawk
Warrior

Post by Tony Hawk »

MK7 is like saying MK6 and we all know that its called deception and MK7 is called Shaolin Monks!
Sub-Zero
God
Side: Darkness
XBox Live: Korig

Post by Sub-Zero »

Why would we call Shaolin Monks MK7, we didn't call MKM: Sub-Zero MK4 so why are we calling Shaolin Monks MK7, the numbered MK's are always fighters, everything else has a seperate name.
ded
God

Post by ded »

correct Sub-Zero! MKM and MKSF were not mk4 or mk5 right? so stop with this nosense posts, if you want to believe that Shaolin Monks is MK7, so let be it, but dont confuse the other fans!
Tony Hawk
Warrior

Post by Tony Hawk »

wutev
the Undead
God

Post by the Undead »

Huuu i knew it , im told you time and time again. :ph34r:

Return to “News Articles”