Is this true!? Playing as Reptile

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: Is this true!? Playing as Reptile

Post by Gambid »

Yep, it would have been cool. Unfortunately this possibility is not in the game :(

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
s-z22
Apprentice
XBox Live: DesolateRhyme4

Post by s-z22 »

It would be cool but usually the really cool characters you want to play are unplayable until another game comes out. Like Reptile and Shang Tsung are playable in MK2 but not MK1.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

This actually isn't true :)

If Liu Kang was unplayable in MK1 you would have made the exact same statement.

People just want what they can't have ;)
I Rule This World!

The Reptile
Warrior

Post by The Reptile »

I see the point :)
Though Reptile was just cool because he was green for me :P
Also, if anyone wasn't playable then I think we would only play them for their moves and kombos :)
I am Reptile! And I do not answer to you! Fight!

Image Image
La Luna looks to me
Mortal

Re: Is this true!?

Post by La Luna looks to me »

calioklas wrote:I thought in SNES and SEGA there was no Gameshark it was Game Genie?Correct me if Im wrong
It was Game Genie, and yes, there was a code to play as "Reptile". However, if memory serves, it was only a Color swap Ninja. You do not get the increased speed and I think that you only get Subzero's abilities, not Scorpion's.
Glitchologteam
Mortal

Re: Is this true!?

Post by Glitchologteam »

La Luna looks to me wrote:
calioklas wrote:I thought in SNES and SEGA there was no Gameshark it was Game Genie?Correct me if Im wrong
It was Game Genie, and yes, there was a code to play as "Reptile". However, if memory serves, it was only a Color swap Ninja. You do not get the increased speed and I think that you only get Subzero's abilities, not Scorpion's.

Here the description of the guy who found the Game Genie code to play as Reptile

''This kode (656A-47AF) is actually a couple kodes in one. So to make it easier I'll explain it as if you were using the code in a one player or two player game.

If you're playing a one player game, start as anyone you want. After you beat the person from the 1st match you will start another match, this time against Reptile. You will keep fighting Reptile until you turn off the Game Genie. If you do turn off the Game Genie you will kontinue your game as usual. If you turn the Game Genie back on, after you beat your opponent you will fight Reptile again. If you lose a match to Reptile, and you kontinue, you will kontinue as Scorpion. But if you lose and don't kontinue, you can watch the computer play against itself as Reptile vs. Reptile (one says Scorpion). If you want to start a new game, let the computer beat itself and don't kontinue. You will then go to the title screen.

If you're playing a 2 player game, player 2 can play as Reptile, sort of. Start a 2 player game and have player 2 choose Scorpion or Sub-Zero as their fighter. Then have player 2 beat up player 1 and don't continue. The next match will then be against Reptile. Have player 1 join in. Player 1 will automatically start as Scorpion. Then when player 2 begins playing, Scorpion or Sub-Zero will be in Reptile's green uniform and it will say Reptile in your energy bar. But even though you look like Reptile,you still can't do both Scorpions and Sub-Zero's special moves. You can only do one or the others. If you choose someone other than those two fighters, your character will be a strange green color.

For a little added "bonus", try the kode 676A-47AF. This kode has a little glitch, but it still works fine.''

One thing he do not mention is that you can't play as Reptile in the single player mode because it will always revert back to Scorpion. If you somehow defeat Shang Tsung with him, the game with freeze like other unplayable

As far as I know, Reptile was never implemented on the Sega Master System, Game Gear and Game Boy Version

Ive heard of a glitch about playing as Reptile in the JakkTV Port, but as for now Ive never found any image or anything about it. The rumour say that its the same way as the genesis version of mortal kombat. The second player need to join as soon as P1 fight Reptile. I dont have 2 controllers so I can't test for now

On every other version, you can ''apply'' a patch of reptile on your character, turning him green.

The Arcade version is the only one that allow you to play as Reptile like the CPU, using body move cheat and speed cheat.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Yes, there are some Gameshark/Game Genie Codes, that might work. But the game itself does not allow you to play as Reptile. He was never meant to be playable at all.
I Rule This World!

Return to “Mortal Kombat 1 (1992)”