MK ll..Best way to get the arcade version look at home?

senas8
Mortal

MK ll..Best way to get the arcade version look at home?

Post by senas8 »

Hi everyone been a long time MK fan... I have MK arcade
collection for ps3.. and really having a hard time with the look of the game on my HD tv. The game looks very pixled.. same with mame emulator on my pc...it's just unplayable for me.. now I have not tried it yet ..to get a crt tv.. old school tv.. could that just be the problem?.. that for example with my ps3 version of these 3 games..HD upscale is not the best way and if I get a crt tv/ monitor it will look better as far as removing the pixles? .. Thank you very much in advance ...when I see the youtube videos of this game running either on ps3 or mame pc.. it looks really good but my experience on both the pc version and for ps3 arcade kollection looks awful.
thanks.

dr_st
Mortal
Side: Darkness

Re: MK ll..Best way to get the arcade version look at home?

Post by dr_st »

Yes. Lower resolution games tend to look better on CRT monitors, which by their mode of operation smooth the pixels, rather than show them at their sharp, pixelated, natural looks.

Most emulators (including MAME) have some built-in smoothing filters which can make it look a bit better, but it still won't look anywhere near a modern high-res game.
senas8
Mortal

Post by senas8 »

Thanks for the reply. Now just need to find a crt monitor..
Robinp
Mortal

Post by Robinp »

Search for HLSL on youtube.

Return to “Mortal Kombat II”