Mortal Kombat: Mythologies

bouvrie
Mortal

Mortal Kombat: Mythologies

Post by bouvrie »

I uncovered a review in an older Dutch Games magazine, reviewing Mortal Kombat MYTHOLOGIES: Sub Zero for the PC! B)

Checking the screenshots indicates that the 'RPG-like' screens are operated by using the F1 ('combine'), F2 ('Herbs') and F3 ('Potion') keys, so I'm pretty sure it's legit! :blink:

It kinda gets a bad grade (5.9/10), but nonetheless I would very much like to get my hands on this PC title. The article states it was released by Midway (duh ;) ), and published by Infogrames. Searches on the net resulted in nothing. I was wondering if anyone might be able to shed some light on this topic? Gracias! :)

*edit1*

Found this only lead, referencing the PC release of the game:
<a href='http://www.trmk.org/oldnews/oldnews.cgi ... &year=1998' target='_blank'>http://www.trmk.org/oldnews/oldnews.cgi ... ]September 12th, 1998: MKM: Sub-Zero PC Next Year
The tentative release date of Midway's Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero for the PC is now set at January 7th, 1999 on EB World's website. Thanks Ben Grussi
[/quote]

Oh, found <a href='http://www.gamehammer.nl/games/4000_499 ... 4071a.aspx' target='_blank'>http://www.gamehammer.nl/games/4000_499 ... 1a.aspx</a> too. That link is in dutch btw, this time showing that GT Interactive published it.

ded
God

Re: Mortal Kombat: Mythologies

Post by ded »

actually midway planned to release mkm for pc,but later they left the project. this is not first time they do that, many examples: mksf for n64, mk2 for gp32, umk3 for psx... you can find only old articles about it B)
Clowny
Grand Master

Post by Clowny »

What's the GP32? I've heard about it before though what kind of system is it? Is it a computer or something like that?
Masos
Immortal

Post by Masos »

MK:M is emulated pretty good. So you do not need a PC version to play it. I hope that when MIDWAY get better they will release more PC games. For now only "The Suffering" will be released!
A TOURNAMENT AWAITS...
ded
God

Post by ded »

GP32 is a hanheld console
bouvrie
Mortal

Post by bouvrie »

ded_ wrote: actually midway planned to release mkm for pc,but later they left the project.
But the reviews exist. So there must've been somewhat of a product already, right?

Perhaps if some of those reviewers could 'release' the pre-gold review release they got, it would be cool? :)

It's interesting that you say this though, as I think I recall a warez collection CD from several years back alledgedly containing 'Mortal Kombat Gold' for PC. Any thoughts on whether this was released on PC either?
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

Mortal Kombat Gold has never been released for PC. There is one russian CD, called Mortal Kombat Antology, with Kung Lao and the MK Gold logo on it. It contains MK, MKII, MK3 and MK4. There is no MK Gold. There is Mortal Kombat 4 Enhanced for PC and it contains some of the MK Gold characters.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
ded
God

Post by ded »

Gambid wrote: There is one russian CD, called Mortal Kombat Antology, with Kung Lao and the MK Gold logo on it.
i have this cd, but i saled it to one friend, but before to sale it i save for me the autorun file B)
bouvrie
Mortal

Post by bouvrie »

Sorry to kick this thread up again, but does this Anthology feature any CDaudio tracks?
joyoza
Master

Post by joyoza »

it really sucks for pc
SIGNUM
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

No.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
florentin
Warrior

Post by florentin »

i have a problem in mk mytologies on n64 .
in the 2nd stage after the checkpoint i get till on a platform with an yellow circle in the middle and can't go further...
There are no winds to lift me up and the distance is too far to jump.
any suggestions? i got a screenshot put it <a href='http://users.rol.ro/metalman/pics.html' target='_blank'>here</a>

Return to “Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero”