MK 1 + 2 + 3 + Ultimate Arcade on Final Burn Neo

LegionMaster76
Mortal
Side: Light

MK 1 + 2 + 3 + Ultimate Arcade on Final Burn Neo

Post by LegionMaster76 »

In case you aren't already aware, the arcade versions of Mortal Kombat 1, 2, 3, and Ultimate are fully playable in an emulator known as Final Burn Neo:
https://emulation.gametechwiki.com/inde ... alBurn_Neo

This means that MAME is no longer the one and only emulator that can run MK Arcade! For me that's a HUGE relief, because MAME is getting to be too complex, and it gets worse with every monthly update. Even worse, they deprecated the 32-Bit version of MAME a while ago and only work on the 64-Bit version now!
Last edited by LegionMaster76 on Tue May 12, 2020 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

thethiny
Immortal
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny

Re: HUGE NEWS!!! SOMEONE RELAY THIS TO TESTYOURMIGHT ASAP!!!

Post by thethiny »

What is this?

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
LegionMaster76
Mortal

Re: MK 1 + 2 + 3 + Ultimate Arcade on Final Burn Neo

Post by LegionMaster76 »

Like I said, MK 1, 2, 3, and Ultimate Arcade are now finally playable in an emulator that's not MAME! I'm really happy about this.

Another reason for me to be happy about it is that I'll be able to play the games in pixel-perfect aspect ratio, with proper scanlines, and at 60 FPS! The only way to do that properly in MAME, even today, is to use a very old modified version called SmoothMAME...
Last edited by LegionMaster76 on Tue May 12, 2020 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
dr_st
Mortal
Side: Darkness

Re: HUGE NEWS!!! SOMEONE RELAY THIS TO TESTYOURMIGHT ASAP!!!

Post by dr_st »

Interesting. But for those using MAME, which versions do you recommend?
LegionMaster76
Mortal

Post by LegionMaster76 »

IMPO, any version of MAME between 0.37 (when the MK games were first added) and 0.106 (when they redid MAME's internal structure and started making everything complicated) is OK. If you wanna play online, try either MAME32 0.64k or MAME++ 0.119.

There's also MAMEHub: http://www.mamehub.com/
Last edited by LegionMaster76 on Tue May 12, 2020 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
LegionMaster76
Mortal

Post by LegionMaster76 »

I'd like to see some of you guys try the games out in Final Burn Neo and report your experiences with the emulator.

Return to “Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, MK3 and MK Trilogy”