hi... in Mortal Kombat Trilogy full screen problem. help!!!

je2all
Mortal

hi... in Mortal Kombat Trilogy full screen problem. help!!!

Post by je2all »

ok so I will start.. I was installing those days mortal kombat trilogy on my laptop... in both windows or ms-dos version is the same problem.. when I start the game it apears in window mode to all of us... you are waiting to pass the intros and then we are go to full screen mode... the problem is now ... when I am in window mode it runs decent to play , when I'll put 2x screen it runs the same smooth, but when I'll go to fullscreen the image is freezing in black or freezing with the last window image was before go to fullscreen, and the sound is run
ning normal with the controls but I can't see nothing just black screen or frozen image .. when I'll revert in window mode is working again... I was trying all the patches and fixes and nothing, changing the resolution of my pc and nothing, changing all the compatibility modes and nothing. I have windows7 64bit... and I don't know what else I can do..

I wrote this to answer me people with the same problems that fixed it.. I don't know what to do.. and i don't want to play mktrilogy in window mode... anybody some new oppinions how to make it work? because I just love to play it... thanx

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: hi... in Mortal Kombat Trilogy full screen problem. help

Post by Gambid »

Haven't really heard of this problem yet. It could be a driver problem. Did you try updating your Graphics driver.

What is your screen resolution?
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
je2all
Mortal

Post by je2all »

Gambid wrote:Haven't really heard of this problem yet. It could be a driver problem. Did you try updating your Graphics driver.

What is your screen resolution?
hi gambid.. thanx because you wanna help... my graphic resolution is 1366x768 ... I was trying to change it to see if it's the resolution but nothing... the graphic driver yes is updated I have NViDIA GeForce 540 M GT .. I have a laptop... windows 7 64bit... and Is just this problem in window mode is running very good but when I'll go to full screen the image is freezing with the last image in window mode, but the sound and the controls are runing normaly... and then when I'll go to window mode from full screen is running ok... I don't know what the problem can be... is just I want to play it in full screen because in window is very small...
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

The game has a native resolution of 640x480. Is it possible that your monitor does not support it, it is pretty archaic.
I Rule This World!

Yellow Ledbetter
Apprentice
PSN: AMULETofSHINNOK

Post by Yellow Ledbetter »

I did play on my PC with full screen, but I really think a laptop wouldn't support the morphing of the screen. You know, it is flatter.
je2all
Mortal

Post by je2all »

Gambid wrote:The game has a native resolution of 640x480. Is it possible that your monitor does not support it, it is pretty archaic.
and Is nothing that I can do? :( when I want to change my screen resolution to play it the minimum is 800x600... :( I don't know but I think you are right... I have instead the mortal kombat arcade collection with ultimate mortal kombat 3.... the problem is in umk3 rain is not there or noob saibot :( I just want to ask umk3 is better than mk trilogy or not?
je2all
Mortal

Post by je2all »

Yellow Ledbetter wrote:I did play on my PC with full screen, but I really think a laptop wouldn't support the morphing of the screen. You know, it is flatter.
yes that it an be another explanation... but is something that can I do ? or just nothing? thanx for answer....
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Just to make sure get some other old game that runs at the same resolution and test it. Just because it is a laptop screen doesn't mean it's the problem. I use laptop and have no problems. You can also try an external screen just to see if it works.

Did you try to re install the game?
Do you get any error messages?
I Rule This World!

je2all
Mortal

Post by je2all »

Gambid wrote:Just to make sure get some other old game that runs at the same resolution and test it. Just because it is a laptop screen doesn't mean it's the problem. I use laptop and have no problems. You can also try an external screen just to see if it works.

Did you try to re install the game?
Do you get any error messages?
My father laptop is a little older than mine and mkt on full screen is work very good.. but his screen didn't support like mine 1366x768 ... his is the max 1280x720 I think... but the problem is I was changing all the resolutions to make it work and nothing... the same problem with the freezing screen and sound and controls working... I was reinstalling the game and the same, in window mode working, in full screen is like maintaining the same image... external screen I don't have... if it's my monitor aspect ration , resolution... I don't know how to make it work... I was trying of course the dos version of mktrilogy with the dosbox and the same.. when I'll go to full screen the image is blocking functioning the sound and controls, because I hear the sound when I press in menu... I was trying another old games and they are working just fine... in windows or with dosbox.. I don't know is this a problem just with mkt...

Return to “Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, MK3 and MK Trilogy”