Aquilluxborg Hydroxybot

MathUser
Mortal

Aquilluxborg Hydroxybot

Post by MathUser »

http://tabmok99.mortalkombatonline.com/ ... cters.html

This page talks about a character called Aqua and claims a soundclip saying Aqua is actually on the MK Trilogy disc. Is this actually true cause he looks like a terrible mockup. How legit are the pics of him? I'd say the ending screens have to be made up cause how would we get such clear shots of them unless they are on the disc themself?

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: Aquilluxborg Hydroxybot

Post by Gambid »

We have information about this character in episode 4 of our Mortal Kombat History Series:

You can watch all episodes here: http://www.mksecrets.net/index.php?sect ... deo-Series

You will definitely find a lot of interesting information.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
MathUser
Mortal

Post by MathUser »

Yeah, I saw that, but I thought maybe you guys didn't believe it completely cause I haven't seen anything about it on the main site. I did some googling tho and saw there was a magazine clip and a pic from videogames.com. The ending looks fake tho. The rest looks pretty convincing tho.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

During the production of Episode 4, we were unable to confirm the existence of Aqua in the game, which is the reason why we presented him based on the magazines information and described his presence on one of the disc versions as a rumor. We simply presented the existing information without taking side on the question of his existence.
I Rule This World!

MathUser
Mortal

Post by MathUser »

I meant, nothing about him on the in development or behind the scenes section. Not the video.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

There will be information about him on the website, when we decide to update the Mortal Kombat Trilogy section. However limited time and staff and too much that has higher priority then this will probably postpone the update.

The History of Mortal Kombat is part of the website in one way or another, like the YouTube Channel, Facebook Page, etc... so it is not like the information is missing :)

There are also a lot of other things that we have in the series that are not yet online on the website. That's so mostly because the series is newer than the last update of the section in questions and some of the stuff was discovered during the research for the series.
I Rule This World!

Agahnim
Mortal
Side: Darkness

Post by Agahnim »

hmm.. in the windows version of MKT you will find a file called aqua with no file extension (MK_Tril/dat/AQUA) this file's date creation is 1993 (!!) but that proves nothing.

also, early/beta/buggy versions or unique platinum editions of MKT PSX are all myths.

PSX MKT have four different versions:

1) First MKT NTSC version [9/1996]
2) MKT PAL version (and Platinum) / MKT NTSC Greatest Hits (updated versions of MKT NTSC) [11/1996]
3) MKT JAPAN [1997]
4) MKT PAL Midway Classics (updated version of MKT JAPAN) known as "early buggy version" [1999]
theassassin
Mortal

Post by theassassin »

I've been doing a bit of my own research into the Aqua myth, just to satisfy my own curiousity.

Firstly, I've thoroughly checked through both PAL versions of MKT, using HEX editors, tile viewers, and 2 sound extracting programs. I discovered:

-The text from Aqua's supposed ending is NOT on either game disc anywhere.
-The picture from Aqua's supposed ending is NOT on either game disc anywhere.
-The strings "Aqua", "Aquilluxborg", "Aquilloxborg" or "Hydroxybot" are NOT on either game disc anywhere, other than "aqua" coincidentally being in the middle of some random code which isn't used for text.
-The "Aqua Wins" soundfile is NOT on either game disc anywhere

The other things I noticed was there seems to be a spelling discrepancy in the supposed "Aqua Endings" which are floating around the net. In some pictures the ending text spells his name "Aquilluxborg Hydroxybot" and in other pictures the ending text spells his name "Aquilloxborg Hydroxybot". Even putting the other evidence aside, if the ending was on some obscure version of the game, the spelling wouldn't change like this, so again this is just more evidence of it being a hoax mocked up on a computer.

Also perhaps this has been pointed out before, but the images of Aqua in his supposed ending picture are simply MK1 Ninja sprites partially recolored, with a belt taken from MK3 Cyber-Ninja sprites, and a random duckbill added. And the Shao Kahn image on the pond background is from the MK2 story/intro.

I also checked the Sega CD version of Mortal Kombat 1, as I read somewhere that the string "Aqua" or "Aquilluxborg" etc was hidden somewhere on the disc. But I checked, and it isn't. Again, none of the spelling variations are on there anywhere.

So, conclusion, I can't find any Aqua-related content on either PAL version of MKT.

I doubt any of this information is a surprise to anyone, but I find the Aqua myth one of the most interesting MK myths, as there still seems to be a lot of confusion around the net about Aqua.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

You must however also consider the fact, that there are a lot more versions of the game, and not only the official releases. There are betas, previews and other which never see the light of day for the normal player.

Aqua might very well have been in some sort present in one of them. As I already said, we couldn't confirm anything.

I agree however that Aqua is one of the most interesting Mortal Kombat myths.

I find all the collected evidence great, you have put a lot of effort into this. To be fair, I am not really sure I want to know the truth here. This ispart of the Mortal Kombat charm and I don't really want to ruin it.
I Rule This World!

Agahnim
Mortal
Side: Darkness

Post by Agahnim »

Gambid wrote:You must however also consider the fact, that there are a lot more versions of the game, and not only the official releases. There are betas, previews and other which never see the light of day for the normal player.
if they don't see the light of day, then how we got the "aqua wins" sound?

i'm sure it's fake.
MathUser
Mortal

Post by MathUser »

Somebody rescanned this article:

and it turned out

The earlier scan was doctored. They did a whole investigation at http://jul.rustedlogic.net/thread.php?id=12681&page=7

Return to “Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, MK3 and MK Trilogy”