Does anyone have any tips on how to beat Shao Khan

s-z22
Apprentice
Side: Light
XBox Live: DesolateRhyme4

Does anyone have any tips on how to beat Shao Khan

Post by s-z22 »

For UMK3 I have literally spent over an hour on Shao Khan, maybe 2 hours, just so I could get the achievements. That was on the Novice tower. I don't want to go through that again. I'm now working to get the 200 wins achievement and I have to play UMK3 at least one more time, because I still need the Animality achievement. Also how do you preform a mercy? If anyone has any advice I would appreciate very much. By the way, I found out the online gameplay has so much lag for this game I stopped playing online as soon as I won a match.

hartwonma
Mortal

Re: Does anyone have any tips on how to beat Shao Khan

Post by hartwonma »

did you fighting with ducking???it may help!
IT'S TIME TO BREAK YOU BY THE HANDS OF A SYMBOLE
s-z22
Apprentice

Post by s-z22 »

Thanks. I tried and it did help somewhat because I beat him in less time, but he's still hard as ever. I don't think I'll be able to fight on the next tower against him, but I'll see how I can do.
Gambid
Elder God
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

There isn't much difference between the tower in UMK3. Sub-Zero is a good choice again Shao Kahn.

Have you also tried our Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 Strategy Guide - http://www.mksecrets.net/umk3/eng/umk3- ... yguide.php

For Shao Kahn you usually wait for him to perform an Upwards Shoulder move and uppercut him, then you run towards him and perform a combo, and again and again.

How to perform mercy: http://www.mksecrets.net/umk3/eng/umk3-specialmoves.php

In general if you are going up against Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 I suggest reading everything we have on the game.

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3: http://www.mksecrets.net/umk3/eng/index.php

You can use the information for Arcade, because the Mortal Kombat: Arcade Kollection version is an emulated Arcade version.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
The Reptile
Warrior

Post by The Reptile »

To perform a mercy, you must be on the final round so they've won one round. Then hold block and press down 3 (or is it four?) Times and release block. They'll be given a chance from their dazed state. It's also the only way to perform an animality. Note:I have the game on DS so I don't know if it applies to AK. I've completed the game 100% and unlocked everything, my tactic to beating Shao Kahn: I just stay far and shoot at him, I stay low and block if he comes close then at the right time; uppercut him, repeat process. He's notably more easier on MK9, and it could be significantly easier to put it on 1 round, so you hard work isn't gone to waste :)
I am Reptile! And I do not answer to you! Fight!

Image Image
s-z22
Apprentice

Post by s-z22 »

I know it's the only way to do an Anamality, is to perform a mercy. But when I first looked in the special moves for UMK3 I didn't see the key for the requirements on Friendships, Babalities, Animalities, and Mercy's because it was on the side in so small of writing. But now I see it. Thanks for the advice Gambid & The Reptile, I'll put it to good use next time. And yes, he is way easier on MK9 than in UMK3.
The Reptile
Warrior

Post by The Reptile »

It's okay, there's a good guide for umk3 as well. It's called Motaro's guide, and you may find that a real help. All shang tsung's morphs are in there as well :)

Image Image
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

We have all Shang Tsung morphs too. Our Ultimate MK3 Guides is one of the best that exists.

s-z22 a little advice on the mercy, Try performing the key combination before the Finish Him/Her has completely disappeared from the screen.
I Rule This World!

s-z22
Apprentice

Post by s-z22 »

If I choose Shang Tsung, is it possible to knock him (or any other fighter) in the air with the three ground fireball attack, transform into another fighter and continue to do a combo. For example, I use his triple ground fireball, turn into Cyber Smoke, do the teleport uppercut twice, then use the harpoon and then do a combo on him.
SonicKusanagi181
Apprentice
PSN: SonicKusanagi181
XBox Live: SonicKusanagi

Post by SonicKusanagi181 »

Yeah, But the most Careful Timing is really required
s-z22
Apprentice

Post by s-z22 »

Thanks. I tried it once on a regular fighter and it didn't work, so I wanted to know if other people have done it, on Shao Khan or a regular fighter.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

I don't know if you can do exactly the described combo. You can perform Shang Tsung's tripple ground fireball on Shao Kahn. But he will most probably block it or attack you when you are doing it. So you will have to very careful.
I Rule This World!

The Reptile
Warrior

Post by The Reptile »

I think I beat him with Scorps or Reptile. Using both Reptile's forceballs may work as well as he'll try to block the first one then get hit by the second one. Scorp's teleport will help if you time it right such as if he's taunting.

Image Image
Firebird20XX
Mortal
PSN: halogamer345
XBox Live: Firebird20XX
Location: Willard, North Carolina a.k.a. the place you've never heard of

Post by Firebird20XX »

Sub-Zero is a good choice, going in against Kahn. Cyrax might be good too. Use someone you're good with, and mix in your basic freeze+uppercut, freeze+kombo, etc. against Kahn. It works. Also, if I might make a suggestion in terms of characters.. If you are kombo-centered, Kano and Human Smoke are kind of similar, due to their ability to perform pop-up kombos. For example:
Kano:
X,X,D+A,D+X,jump,Y,RT (Punch,punch,headbutt,uppercut,jump,kick,throw, but time the kick and throw carefully, do it fast enough and it works). I know this is more regular Kombat style than Kahn style, but just experiment a bit, you know?
I shall consume.... Consume everything......
While that seems like something Shao Kahn might say, it really stems from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. Ha ha! Sorry.
Juxtapose13
Apprentice
PSN: Juxtapose1313
XBox Live: Juxtapose13

Post by Juxtapose13 »

I've been tinkering more with Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 lately (Xbox 360 version of the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection), and I'm finding Shao Khan insanely hard.

Two night ago I beat him with Mileena after about an hour and fifteen minutes and last night with Classic Sub-Zero in about half that time. Both games were on Very Easy and the Novice tower.

I find Shao Khan has very odd hitboxes (they're smaller) and yet his ability to hit you seems to be larger than the graphics would indicate.

Generally (for any character, not just relying on specials), is there a way to bait him into doing his Uprising Shadow Charge? In the first round he does it a lot, but once you win around he seems to just spam his Shoulder Charge and Fireballs with a Hammer Smash for good measure.

Very frustrating.
--
Juxtapose13

"Outstanding. Now all we need is a deck of cards." Corporal Hicks, Aliens.

Return to “Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, MK3 and MK Trilogy”