Is there any form of online/internet play

Tekfreak
Mortal

Is there any form of online/internet play

Post by Tekfreak »

So i know all those midway treasures arent online playable, so that throws that out the window.

What about emulators? Do any of the MAME emulators have internet play options for MOrtal Kombat?

Just wondering because I would love to be able to stomp people like I used to at the arcade back in the day. I was able to use the little known UMK3 wavenet machine in Chicago as well B)

Maybe xbox live will come out with something soon?

Thanks

LordScorpion
God

Re: Is there any form of online/internet play

Post by LordScorpion »

i have MAME32.i'll see if there is an online play option.if there,i'm ready to play MK1,MK2 and MK3 with ya.MK4 isn't emulated.so it isn't playable.
Tekfreak
Mortal

Post by Tekfreak »

LordScorpion wrote: i have MAME32.i'll see if there is an online play option.if there,i'm ready to play MK1,MK2 and MK3 with ya.MK4 isn't emulated.so it isn't playable.
yeah my main concern was mk2 or mk3/umk3/mkT. I read something somewhere about.

I reads this on wikipedia...

"Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 Wave Net was a rare network version of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. It was only tested in the Chicago and San Francisco areas and many people do not know about it. No one seems to have the ROMs. One outlet that stocked it still had the jack for. There was extra stuff in the game that you could use even in local play. It ran over a T1 line that was directly connected back to Midway HQ in Chicago.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>You would be better off playing vanilla MK3 via a MAME networking kit like Kaillera.</span> The T1 line was one of the reasons WAVENet didn't really take off. This was long before the age of cablemodems and DSL. T1 was the only guaranteed way to get broadband into an arcade.

Times have changed, but it still is kind of hard to get net service in a lot of places. The internet jukeboxes are starting to drive the adoptance of broadband, which is a good sign.
"
Tekfreak
Mortal

Post by Tekfreak »

man i figured u mk nuts would have tried this out by now!
LordScorpion
God

Post by LordScorpion »

Ok Tefreak,i have Kaillera version 0.92 for win32.but how do i play?it just says:
anyway i think it will work.i have mk1-mk3.and mkt is not for MAME man.whatever who wants to play?BTW you double posted lol.
Tekfreak
Mortal

Post by Tekfreak »

hmm, perhaps u can search for a kailerra FAQ online?

Anyways, first things first, i need to get a controller for my computer. any suggestions?
Tekfreak
Mortal

Post by Tekfreak »

<a href='http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f= ... 783595631d' target='_blank'>http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f= ... 595631d</a>

theres a link to the MAME32 with kailerra(and a buncha marvel vs capcom games with it). its real easy all u do is start mameK(the normal one), and do file network play or something liek that and then a list of servers pops up.

Im gonna buy a joystick tommorrow.
LordScorpion
God

Post by LordScorpion »

thanks dude.i bet the zip file's huge coz it has a lot of marvel vs capcom games.really like that game,superheroes of marvel fighting against the street fighters!whatever,i have the old m32k right now,and i'm still downloading your m32 kurt edition,so wanna play?what's your user name?and what do you mean by a controller for your computer?u can use the keyboard for the MAME32 controls,right?BTW you again double posted lol.
Tekfreak
Mortal

Post by Tekfreak »

LordScorpion wrote: thanks dude.i bet the zip file's huge coz it has a lot of marvel vs capcom games.really like that game,superheroes of marvel fighting against the street fighters!whatever,i have the old m32k right now,and i'm still downloading your m32 kurt edition,so wanna play?what's your user name?and what do you mean by a controller for your computer?u can use the keyboard for the MAME32 controls,right?BTW you again double posted lol.
I have no CLUE why it is double posting. I am not clicking.

The only reason i dont want to use my keyboard is cuz its impossible as heck to play quality games. i always forget which button is which, and its hard to do combos on a friggin keyboard. If i had a joystick/controller to attach to the pc, would be much better, ya know?
Tekfreak
Mortal

Post by Tekfreak »

if any1 ever wants to play, find me on the mame32k godweapon server, listed as "shawn" is the name i use
lin kuei prodigy
God

Post by lin kuei prodigy »

I play mk games with the keyboard, it is just a matter of time & practice, it is easy to play.

BTW Marvel vs capcom is another game i can throw jabs playing with the keyboard too, it is one hell of a practice but yep, i did it.
SWEET!!! WE GOT TO STICK TOGETHER!!! SWEET!!!
LordScorpion
God

Post by LordScorpion »

After 8 years of experience with my keyboard and computer,why wouldn't it be NOT easy for me?

Hell yeah it is easy when you know it.

MVSC?Yea,i'm good at that too.
Dazmi
Mortal

Post by Dazmi »

There's gonna be an online in Mk: Armagettion
LordScorpion
God

Post by LordScorpion »

Everybody knows that,we're talking about Online MK ARCADE here.And that's Armageddon not Armagettion.
john_2494circa
Mortal

Post by john_2494circa »

lin kuei prodigy wrote: I play mk games with the keyboard, it is just a matter of time & practice, it is easy to play.

BTW Marvel vs capcom is another game i can throw jabs playing with the keyboard too, it is one hell of a practice but yep, i did it.
Yes i love Mk games but I dunno why in Mk trilogy there's no even Fatality music or fighting in a stage :( and i think PC is the stupidest platform of Mortal Kombat see there's no even Mortal Kombat Armageddon for PC :angry: :(

Return to “Mortal Kombat 4/Gold”