Unique Fatalities (character and stage) and Hara-Kiri's?

astro187
Mortal

Unique Fatalities (character and stage) and Hara-Kiri's?

Post by astro187 »

Does MK:U have any unique fatalities, stage fatalities, or hara-kiri's as compared to MKD (or MKDA for the 3 "added" characters)? Any minor graphical differences even? I can't find any evidence of any but I don't have the game so I though folks that have both would know instantly. It looks like even the "added" characters (Frost, Jax, and Kitana) are just rehashes of their MKDA fatalities (plus they only have 1 fatality and no Hara-Kiri, yes?). Thanks for any info.

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: Unique Fatalities (character and stage) and Hara-Kiri's?

Post by Gambid »

Well, there are some graphic differences but the exclusive characters from Deadly Alliance retain their original Fatalities. They only have one per character and no Hara Kiris. Goro and Shao Kahn have their finishing moves from the GameCube version of Mortal Kombat: Deception.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
astro187
Mortal

Post by astro187 »

Thanks for the info and quick reply Gambid. So are the graphical differences just a result of the lower power of the PSP as compared to the consoles or do they change the nature of what the fatality/fatalities do? Also, no stage fatality differences, I presume? Thanks again for the awesome forums!
Glitchologteam
Mortal

Post by Glitchologteam »

think of Mortal Kombat Unchained as an expansion of Mortal Kombat Deception. Same game with more character and exclusive mode. Because the psp is arguably less powerful than a PS2, the graphic had to be lowered however.
Gambid
Elder God
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

They are mostly cosmetic. A small example, when Frost kicks the ice status the legs will not stay, but will turn to ice cubes, just like the rest of the body. This is because of how Deception's engine works.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster

Return to “Mortal Kombat: Deception/Unchained”