Gamecube Fatalities

cthulhu4u
Mortal

Gamecube Fatalities

Post by cthulhu4u »

I just got Deception used for Gamecube and I'm really enjoying for the most part. The only thing is, I can't get fatalities to work, even the "close" range ones. I'm in the fatality stance, I've got the blood level set to max and nothing I do seems to work. I've tried fast, slow, gamepad and analog stick. Special moves work fine, but I CAN NOT get fatalities to work.

Like I said, I really like the game, but MK with no finisher is just :(. I've played every other game except the two new ones and don't recall having this much trouble. There was always a move here or there that I couldn't do, but not like this. I can only get one to work maybe 1 time every 3 or 4 times I go trhough game.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please, be as detailed as possible about the timing and things.

Once again, I'm using the gamecube version witht the regular gamecube controller.

Thanks in adance.

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: Gamecube Fatalities

Post by Gambid »

Actually you should not be having any troubles with the Fatalities. There is nothing different and you don't even need to be that fast. Just go into the Fatality stance and the right range and press the buttons.

I am really surprised and don't know what to tell you. May be we can try discussing an exact Fatality you are having problems with.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
cthulhu4u
Mortal

Post by cthulhu4u »

Actually it is all of them. I can get one or two to work once in a while, but for the most part, none of them are working.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

It definitely isn't a game issue. May be there is something wrong with your controller.

Or may be the distance is wrong. These are the only two things that can stop you from performing a Fatality.
I Rule This World!

cthulhu4u
Mortal

Post by cthulhu4u »

I had some luck today with Kobra and Sub Zero, but later I tried again and got nothing. When it says "close" does that mean right next to them, like you walk toward them until you can't move anymore or does it mean like 1 step away? Also, about how many steps away is sweep distance.

The ones I pulled off were with the analog stick, but it seems like using the d-pad would be better. However, I can't get them to work EVER with the d-pad. Special movies seem to work just fine with d-pad and stick.

Around how fast to you have to do them? I know there is a time limit, but about how slow and careful can you be with them?

Thanks again.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Close means Right Next to them and not one step away. In MK9 close is called Touching if this helps.
One step away already goes into the sweep distance.
Analogs aren't good for fighting games, use the D-Pad.

That might actually be your problem.

You don't need to break your thumbs while you enter the fatalities,
I Rule This World!

cthulhu4u
Mortal

Post by cthulhu4u »

I have been standing right next to them for the "close" ones. I thought it might be my controller (GC is used), but all the specials seem to work OK. Maybe my timing is just off. Man, I wish I could get these to work :(

Do you do them faster than a special movie or can you do them as slow as you want, as long as time doesn't run out? Maybe I've been going too fast. Plus, I have fat sausage fingers, so maybe I'm pressing something by mistake.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Usually you don't have to press the buttons this fast. Normal Special Move speed is ok.
I Rule This World!

cthulhu4u
Mortal

Post by cthulhu4u »

It must have been the GC controller because I recently got it PS2 and have A LOT more luck with pulling off. Of course I still mess them up once in a while, but they usually work just fine now.
The_Scorpion
Apprentice
PSN: sktb1188
XBox Live: Boombomb98

Post by The_Scorpion »

well, was the disk brand new. if not. it (may) have been hacked in the past. its strange. but im happy your having luck with the ps2 version
Man it's been a while since I was on here.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

The disk cannot be damaged in this way. Once the data is written, the data is written.
I Rule This World!

Return to “Mortal Kombat: Deception/Unchained”