Was MKD Konquest a bad idea?

PsyBorg
Mortal

Was MKD Konquest a bad idea?

Post by PsyBorg »

You know, I feel midway made a bad mistake with the new konquest mode.

First off, yeah, it enriches the story and stuff, but what about training? It makes you pissed off to hell. ALL you want to do is to get some training with *insert character here*, but what the hell is this? You have to do other characters FIRST. We did NOT need to do that in MKDA. We just trained with whatever character we wanted to train with and flew off to arcade mode to practice our newfound skills. Now, we have to wait FOREVER to get that again.

Second of all, do you think a lot of people wanted an MK Adventure? I don't think so. People wanted a fighter that IMPROVED on MKDA, not made the game totally different and boring. All these quests and stuff is boring the hell out of me, because we're doing this in a FIGHTING game. If it was an RPG, it'd be good because it was important to the RPG, but yet, when people play fighters, they want almost-instant action.

Third, I must say that the maps are not very detailed, and they are extremely difficult to navigate, almost as hard as Myst. I can NOT find Noob anywhere on "B8" in ChaosRealm, because not only is the map not going direct to the trainers, but it almost tries to prevent you from getting there. That's not what people want, obviously.

And finally, to get the things people want the most, like new characters, items, and stages, you also have to search around for 2 real life hours (excuse my exaggeration, but it does feel like that) to get it, and that's WITH a guide from GameFAQs. Why the hell couldn't we just pay the big price in the Krypt, and fight more so we can get the prize? That's what the true spirit of MK is.

I rest my case for now. However, if you decide to argue with me, I am willing to defend my point. But let's see how this turns out...

Lin Kuei Ninja
Mortal

Re: Was MKD Konquest a bad idea?

Post by Lin Kuei Ninja »

I HATED it so freaking much that I thought it was a waste of time!!! The only good thing, though is that you can unlock things in the crypt by playing Konquest mode.
Sniper Wolf 1122
God
PSN: Sever2ndtoNone

Post by Sniper Wolf 1122 »

<span style='color:green'>no it rocked. i liked it very much. heres only my top 10 reasons. theres even more!
1 beacause its new, everyone thought mk was just killing.
2. its new.
3. $$$
4. you unlock stuff
5. you learn more about shujinko/ his history and childhoood
6. your trained with everyone useable
7. you fight alot
8. you see even lost charcters like rtain/madavo, hsu hao, etc.
9. the theme
10, its occupying</span>
Z.44
Master

Post by Z.44 »

I don't think so, I juzt didn't like the end cuz you never actually really "finish" it, but I liked it a lot. In my opinion. :)
Sniper Wolf 1122
God

well if you did everything. you do finidh. and beat shujinko`s arcade
Infierno4551
God

Post by Infierno4551 »

They probably didn't like cause they couldn't beat it.
Mortal Kombat Master 777
Immortal

Post by Mortal Kombat Master 777 »

It's like a movie so I enjoyed it.
Sniper Wolf 1122
God

ya, is mksm konquest 2-p?

Return to “Mortal Kombat: Deception/Unchained”