MKX Cyberdemon DLC Idea - Why The 90's Titans Must Clash

Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: MKX Cyberdemon DLC Idea - Why The 90's Titans Must Clash

Post by Roy Arkon »

I agree that we should go back the topic but I do wanna say a couple of last things, and out of respect to your request I would keep it short:

First, I did check the comic and yes it is one of the Malibu comics which is indeed non-canon, I thought it was one of the Midway ones. My mistake.

Secondly, I can understand what you're saying regarding MK9, but it's still not necessarily a bad thing. Ed Boon said that while the core of the story for MK9 would be same as of MK1-MK3, we will get different version of events from those games. That is why the story is different in several aspects from the original games, such as the Sindel resurrection and the powers of Raiden, which is the whole point of ret coning a series, and goes well with the general theory that one timeline of a certain universe can be different from another timeline. Also, I know that are some fans that make the MK story to look deeper then what it is, but I also know that are fans, like me, who don't ignore it's flaws yet they still appreciate it for what it is since the beginning: A lore that isn't as deep as a novel and have some inconsistents, yet still entertaining, very wide in details and very ambitious, which is more than I can for any other story in fighting games. That is why the MK story is the best of all fighting games. It's not that we are too forgiving, it's just that we understand what it is. And honestly, I don't think that there are that many universes, except maybe in certain canons, that are very fan friendly and can be easily understand without knowing the lore deeper.

Again, just wanted to give my 2 cents, and like you asked, I am more then willing to get back at the topic :)

And to Sharef:
I'm with Epic Jason here, if people who worked on MK and Doom agree with his ideas, how can you be any more right then that? What else do you need?

But back to you Jason, like I said, NRS need to go to WB and get the green light from them, whatever it is for a character for MKX, an old MK game or another Midway game, either a port or a full reboot or a remake. I'm not 100% happy with that, just stating a fact.

Also, you talked to Adoni Maropins? Wow that's cool, not anyone can say that, not to mention the approvals from him and the other actors.

BTW what is your project? Is it an Anime movie or something?
Last edited by Roy Arkon on Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
EpicJason9000
Mortal

Post by EpicJason9000 »

thanks for your feedback. and to answer your question, the anime project is what I hope to be the 1st American anime film & tv series on a massive scale. it's called "Eternal Conflict". I've spent 16 years working on it, and as of this week, I have completed 300 designs. characters, creatures, weapons, vehicles, company logos, product logos, movie/tv/video game logos, ninjas, arcade machines, game consoles, even an entire galaxy map, all designed by me.

it's essentially about a group of deities defending the retroverse from an annihilator god (which will later be replaced by an apocalypse god), and their warriors of chaos & destruction. in short, you could say that it's Mortal Kombat in a Star Wars/Star Fox type galaxy with the mood & music similar to Killer Instinct (even though I plan to start out with the 1st half similar to MK and the 2nd half similar to KI in terms of the mood & tone). eventually, I plan to get the artwork copyrighted and then work on the scripts.

probably the best positive response I've gotten was from Hollywood actor Rutger Hauer aka Roy Batty from Blade Runner. if a Hollywood actor can like your ideas, then you know you've got something big on your hands. most of my ideas are inspired by things that I have enjoyed. the biggest source of inspiration comes from Cardcaptor Sakura, Pokémon, Batman Beyond, Invader Zim, Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct, Star Wars, and many others. one the planets in particular is in many ways a cross breed of Jurassic Park & Primal Rage.

before I get to that point, I'm currently trying to sell t-shirts based on some of my more darker designs I've done in which a lot of them were heavily influenced by Tood McFarlane's art style.
EpicJason9000
Mortal

Post by EpicJason9000 »

I put a lot of devotion, passion, & thought into this project to the point of knowing every single characters organs and blood color to knowing every single nook & cranny of every single planet I've created. when I listen to music, I see a scene and/or a trailer in my head as if I'm watching it right in front of me. all of these actors & actresses have praised me for putting this much thought & devotion into this project, and that if I ever got the right funding off the ground, they would all love to be involved.

some people have asked if this would ever be a video game, and my answer is hopefully. it would definitely be a fighting game with multiple game modes as bonus content. what kind of fighting game you may ask? here's what I envisioned: Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 style gameplay, Killer Instinct style music/sound effects/& voice announcer, and Super Metroid style graphics. adding the cherry on top would be a create a fighter mode.

at one point, I actually tried to do a custom character select screen animation all by using windows paint & windows movie maker. it was very primitive and had no music or sound effects, but it was an attempt none the less.
Roy Arkon
God
PSN: RoyArkon46

Post by Roy Arkon »

EpicJason9000 wrote:I put a lot of devotion, passion, & thought into this project to the point of knowing every single characters organs and blood color to knowing every single nook & cranny of every single planet I've created. when I listen to music, I see a scene and/or a trailer in my head as if I'm watching it right in front of me. all of these actors & actresses have praised me for putting this much thought & devotion into this project, and that if I ever got the right funding off the ground, they would all love to be involved.

some people have asked if this would ever be a video game, and my answer is hopefully. it would definitely be a fighting game with multiple game modes as bonus content. what kind of fighting game you may ask? here's what I envisioned: Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 style gameplay, Killer Instinct style music/sound effects/& voice announcer, and Super Metroid style graphics. adding the cherry on top would be a create a fighter mode.

at one point, I actually tried to do a custom character select screen animation all by using windows paint & windows movie maker. it was very primitive and had no music or sound effects, but it was an attempt none the less.
Wow I've impressed, it really looks like you've put a ton of work into it. I really like the idea and I would really like to try it out if your project gets fully done and sees the light of a day. I wish you good luck, and keep up the good work, because it sounds like really good idea.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
EpicJason9000
Mortal

Post by EpicJason9000 »

thanks. I deeply appreciate it. ^-^
edour030
Mortal

Post by edour030 »

Roy Arkon wrote:I wasn't sure about the idea at first, but after reading your points, I agree that it is a great idea. I am not a big fan of taxi aéroport Doom nowadays, but I used to play A LOT back in the day, so I can see the vision coming from your idea. I actually would be happy if NRS would see it and at least consider this idea, so we can have the Cyberdemon in MKX for KP3, or at least in MK11.
it was necessary to do this before, around "brainstorm" stage.

Return to “Mortal Kombat X/XL”