Playing online MKX on PC

Lordus
Mortal
Side: Light

Playing online MKX on PC

Post by Lordus »

Hey guys, first post here and would like some help with my game.

I don't know if this is a problem with my country but I get terrible connection issues with online play.

First off, I got MKX on Xbone, and played online. I noticed that it took a while to find a match with anyone and when it did, I had terrible PING with them, it was very rare to find a game with four green bars.
Random disconnection issues, and everyone disappering from the lobby in a KOTH game. It must be my connection or the game itself.

After a few months I got MKX on PC just a weeks ago, most of my friends had it on there so I thought I'd get the premium edition.
Now the game feels dead, as in there's no one in the game at all. Only a few rooms and all this time I've had this game, I've only fought 2 people online.

Is it because I live in Australia that I'm so restricted to play or is the PC version really lacking players? Because I really wanna get revernant Kung Lao. :D

Near at the start of the year I also upgraded to unlimited data with NBN (a new Australian upgrade), this is really meant to give a massive boost to internet usage or something like that.
If there's anymore info that you need that could help with my problem then I'd gladly give it.

Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: Playing online MKX on PC

Post by Roy Arkon »

I play on PS4 and neither on XB1 or PC but I will try to help.

Basically the online of MKX is not that good unless the connection is at a really good state. I for one didn't had that much of a problem with online matches with MKX. Yes I did had a few awfully laggy matches but they were far from common. A lot of people say that the PS4 version of the game actually has the best online for that game at the moment, although that the ESL online leauge is exclusive for XB1. Maybe it's easier on PS4 but it probably all depands on the connection.

As for the PC version, it had a really rough start as WB games, the publiser for NRS games, bired HV to work on the PC port of the game and even after they've fixed it got too many problems. Now it seems that the game is fine (you said your friends have it so I guess that they still play it), but I'm not sure considering what happend with that port. Maybe someone who actually plays the PC version can give you a better insught about the online for that version.

I know my answer might have some holes but that's the best I can give you.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Lordus
Mortal
Side: Light

Post by Lordus »

Thank you for the reply. :D

My friend and I have a four bar connection but he's pretty board with the game, but I think it's because we're in the same country.

Using a ethernet cable I have flawless connection on other games but MK is worst.

Is the PC vertion dead or do I see less players because of my location?
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Post by Roy Arkon »

Again I don't know, maybe they're don't many players on the PC because what WB and HV did.

As for the connection, if you can't play online that means that the connection itself isn't good. Don't know about other games.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome

Return to “Mortal Kombat X/XL”