How to choose a character WITHOUT a variation!

MiLToS_666
Apprentice

How to choose a character WITHOUT a variation!

Post by MiLToS_666 »

I don't know if this is the correct section for this, please move it if not.

This is how I do it:

Select your character/costume and when you have to choose one of the three variations press UP a few times until it shows you ??? and hidden cursor, then press Y button and it will select the base character without variation! :D

Peace
Last edited by MiLToS_666 on Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Zeikar
Master
PSN: HyperpowerAlpha1
XBox Live: YZRHyperpower

Re: How to choose a character WITHOUT a variation!

Post by Zeikar »

MiLToS_666 wrote:I don't know if this is the correct section for this, please move it if not.

This is how I do it:

Select your character/costume and when you have to choose one of the three variations press UP a few times until it shows you ??? and hidden cursor, then press Y button and it will select the base character without variation! :D

Peace
this doesn't belong here WRONG BOARD
MiLToS_666
Apprentice

Post by MiLToS_666 »

What's with the shouting in capital letters man?
Did you read my first sentence? A mod can move it then.
Or take it down completely, I don't mind.
Sablicious
Apprentice

Post by Sablicious »

This just selects the variation 'blind' -- so the opponent cannot see which one you're using.

There is a 'vanilla' variation that selectable, but they're boring to use and all play even more cookie cutter than they already do.

What we need is a mod to allow THE MIX N' MATCHING OF ABILITIES BETWEEN VARIATIONS...(!)
MiLToS_666
Apprentice

Post by MiLToS_666 »

Sablicious wrote:This just selects the variation 'blind' -- so the opponent cannot see which one you're using.
There is a 'vanilla' variation that selectable, but they're boring to use and all play even more cookie cutter than they already do.
It doesn't select the "blind" variation, it selects the "vanilla" variation you mentioned.
For example, you can choose Kano with his green color, Kotal Kahn without markings etc...
Zeikar
Master

Post by Zeikar »

MiLToS_666 wrote:
Sablicious wrote:This just selects the variation 'blind' -- so the opponent cannot see which one you're using.
It doesn't select the "blind" variation, it selects the "vanilla" variation you mentioned.
For example, you can choose Kano with his green color, Kotal Kahn without markings etc...
he is correct, you can play WITHOUT a variation, it's like a code using the hidden cursor, but I digress, this is a MOD/SKIN release forum and does not belong here!!!
Sablicious
Apprentice

Post by Sablicious »

It's just a 'vanilla' version of the character without any distinctive traits -- e.g., buffs.

This was mentioned a couple of weeks after the game released and can even be chosen through the training mode options menu under "Variations". In other words, it's not a 'secret'.

Methinks it was the base character for the variations and then said var's were developed from this base design. Sadly, there's no way to make one's OWN variation, using the available abilities... something that would have truly made the game unique and fun.
Zeikar
Master

Post by Zeikar »

Like mixing moves from each variation? That would have been cool, the closest thing to create a character. Yeah I would say it is the vanilla character, I want to fight someone online like that, lol they might go wtf.
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

Thanks for sharing the info. I moved the topic in our Mortal Kombat X forum where it belongs.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Post by Roy Arkon »

Sablicious wrote:It's just a 'vanilla' version of the character without any distinctive traits -- e.g., buffs.

This was mentioned a couple of weeks after the game released and can even be chosen through the training mode options menu under "Variations". In other words, it's not a 'secret'.

Methinks it was the base character for the variations and then said var's were developed from this base design. Sadly, there's no way to make one's OWN variation, using the available abilities... something that would have truly made the game unique and fun.
And balancing the game? That might be fun but the game is already fun for everyone without hurting the competitive suide of it, there is a lot to do in this game, it is already fun.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome

Return to “Mortal Kombat X/XL”