Question about Johnny Cages's abilities

roboronald10
Master
Side: Light
PSN: KlassicGODZILLA9

Question about Johnny Cages's abilities

Post by roboronald10 »

SPOILERS AHEAD FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO PLAY MKX YET

In MK9, Raiden only commented on his superhuman reflexes and agility, which were a vital asset in defending Earthrealm.

In MKX, we see that his powers were "awakened" when he engulfed himself in the mystical green energy blocked Shinnok's blast that could have killed Sonya. That part of the MKX storyline takes place 2-3 years after Shao Kahn was destroyed.

Question is, did Johnny Cage already know about his special "shadow" abilities in MK9 or did they finally come about in MKX when he saved Sonya?

I disregard his usage of those abilities in his moveset since those are simply gameplay mechanics and are just for him to have special moves.

Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: Question about Johnny Cages's abilities

Post by Roy Arkon »

I don't think Johnny Cage knew, he discovered that only when he faced Shinnok in MKX. He discovered that invhis ending in Mk9, but if you go with actual cannon he didn't know about it until his fight with Shinnok.

As for his special moves, I don't think that it's contradiction, because he uses those moves to protect himself, but in MKX he used them to protect Sonya as she was about to die in a certain death by shinnok (which isn't the case with Sonya and Kano on chapter 1 in MK9's story), and that's he didn't know. Like he said, he thought the HE IS THE SPECIAL EFFECTS rhe whole time, so he probably didn't know.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome

Return to “Mortal Kombat X/XL”