Register    Login    Search   View active topics    FAQ




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN FOR KOMBAT PACK
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:08 pm 
Offline
Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:55 am
Posts: 451
Location: Long Beach, California
Skype: roboronald10
Side: Light
PSN: KlassicGODZILLA9
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHcPIBcxFpY

That link shows that the Kombat Pack will include Jason Voorhees, Tanya, Tremor, and the next guest character, last but not least, Predator.

My speculations:

Tremor could have a defensive/heavy variation, where he can attach rocks to himself and take less damage from attacks and pop-ups be rendered useless since he wouldn't be able to fly up as much due to the added weight of the rocks.
An offensive variation that focuses mostly on projectiles where he can a lot of moves that take inspiration from those from Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra. For example, he can shoot up a rock and punch/kick it upwards, straight, or downwards. The rocks can stay afloat until Tremor is hit or for awhile since in ATLA and LoK, as stated by Jeong-Jeong, "A rock can't move itself."
His last variation could be one where Tremor can level the fighting field by summoning avalanches, creating tremors (hehe), or sand traps and so on.

Jason could have his Jason X variation. All space-like and such. (I never really watched his movies, sooo....)
I can't think of any variations for Tanya or Predator unfortunately.


Top 
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN FOR KOMBAT PACK
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:31 am 
Offline
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:53 pm
Posts: 947
Location: Israel
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46
I really like those characters in the Kombat Pack. Seeing Jason and the predator is great.

And it's awesome that Tremor is finally gonna be his own character in an MK fighting game, I just hope that he will be a part of the story too.

Tanya's comback took me completey off guard, I didn't see that coming. I have a sense that she might the boss character, as Ed Boon said that the boss will be "a returning character that no one would expect". Just saying.

_________________
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Image


Top 
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN FOR KOMBAT PACK
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:11 pm 
Offline
Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:55 am
Posts: 451
Location: Long Beach, California
Skype: roboronald10
Side: Light
PSN: KlassicGODZILLA9
I think it's Mileena, Shinnok, or Reiko who could be the final boss(es). DLC characters haven't really played a pivotal part of the storyline, as evidences by Skarlet, Rain in MK9, Freddy Krueger, and Kenshi, so I doubt Tanya will be the surprise final boss. It's still nice to see her, though her facial structure needs a bit of touching up since her face seems a bit masculine like all females in MK9. If she is the final boss, well I'll be damned hahah


Top 
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN FOR KOMBAT PACK
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:45 pm 
Offline
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:53 pm
Posts: 947
Location: Israel
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46
roboronald10 wrote:
I think it's Mileena, Shinnok, or Reiko who could be the final boss(es). DLC characters haven't really played a pivotal part of the storyline, as evidences by Skarlet, Rain in MK9, Freddy Krueger, and Kenshi, so I doubt Tanya will be the surprise final boss. It's still nice to see her, though her facial structure needs a bit of touching up since her face seems a bit masculine like all females in MK9. If she is the final boss, well I'll be damned hahah


The reason that Tanya might not be the boss is because that now we all know that she's gonna be in the game so maybe some people, like myself, will predict that. And for the reconrd, Shinnok, Mileena, and Reiko have even lower chances since Mileena is already playable, Shinnok is too obvious and Reiko is probably almost as much.

And BTW, not all of MK9 femals had manly face. The only girls I can think of that had that face wasreunmasked Kitana and Jade, but Sonya, Skarlet and Sindel were really good. I don't count Mileena and Sheeva for obivous reasons. I do agree about Tanya in MKX though, but the rest of the women look awesome, and Tanya is still in progress (as the rest of the DLC) so let's not jump to conclusions.

_________________
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Image


Top 
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN FOR KOMBAT PACK
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:53 pm 
Offline
Mortal
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:28 am
Posts: 18
Location: Bulgaria, Plovdiv, Asenovgrad.
Side: Darkness
What? No Spawn? No T-800? :(

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN FOR KOMBAT PACK
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:13 am 
Offline
Apprentice
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:08 pm
Posts: 103
Side: Darkness
PSN: okester13
I can't wait to see what Mileena's Vampiress skin looks like! I'll probably buy Jason just for that skin :3 I kind of like that they're adding some of the extra skins with the DLC characters (though I hope they're all still only $5 like they were for MK9 and Injustice.) But the Mileena skin is the only one I'm really interested in.


Top 
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN FOR KOMBAT PACK
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:52 am 
Offline
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:53 pm
Posts: 947
Location: Israel
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46
okest3r_13 wrote:
I can't wait to see what Mileena's Vampiress skin looks like! I'll probably buy Jason just for that skin :3 I kind of like that they're adding some of the extra skins with the DLC characters (though I hope they're all still only $5 like they were for MK9 and Injustice.) But the Mileena skin is the only one I'm really interested in.


I don't think that each mini-pack will cost much. Maybe $8 tops.

Vampiress Mileena indeed sounds interesting, I personally looking for skins for Reptile, Scorpion and Ermac alongside Mileena's, but all the skins sounds interesting.

I have to say that Mileena looks much more attractive with a only-partial Tarkatan face, of course there is a place for a lot of improvement :lol:

_________________
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Image


Top 
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN FOR KOMBAT PACK
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:32 pm 
Offline
Apprentice
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:08 pm
Posts: 103
Side: Darkness
PSN: okester13
Roy Arkon wrote:
okest3r_13 wrote:
I can't wait to see what Mileena's Vampiress skin looks like! I'll probably buy Jason just for that skin :3 I kind of like that they're adding some of the extra skins with the DLC characters (though I hope they're all still only $5 like they were for MK9 and Injustice.) But the Mileena skin is the only one I'm really interested in.


I don't think that each mini-pack will cost much. Maybe $8 tops.

Vampiress Mileena indeed sounds interesting, I personally looking for skins for Reptile, Scorpion and Ermac alongside Mileena's, but all the skins sounds interesting.

I have to say that Mileena looks much more attractive with a only-partial Tarkatan face, of course there is a place for a lot of improvement :lol:


I'd like to think that her new appearance is due to some sort of magical cosmetic surgery xD

( Her face became normal when she killed Blaze in her Armageddon ending, so something like that isn't too far fetched. )


Top 
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN FOR KOMBAT PACK
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:48 pm 
Offline
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:53 pm
Posts: 947
Location: Israel
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46
okest3r_13 wrote:
Roy Arkon wrote:
okest3r_13 wrote:
I can't wait to see what Mileena's Vampiress skin looks like! I'll probably buy Jason just for that skin :3 I kind of like that they're adding some of the extra skins with the DLC characters (though I hope they're all still only $5 like they were for MK9 and Injustice.) But the Mileena skin is the only one I'm really interested in.


I don't think that each mini-pack will cost much. Maybe $8 tops.

Vampiress Mileena indeed sounds interesting, I personally looking for skins for Reptile, Scorpion and Ermac alongside Mileena's, but all the skins sounds interesting.

I have to say that Mileena looks much more attractive with a only-partial Tarkatan face, of course there is a place for a lot of improvement :lol:


I'd like to think that her new appearance is due to some sort of magical cosmetic surgery xD

( Her face became normal when she killed Blaze in her Armageddon ending, so something like that isn't too far fetched. )


Well it might have a chance with Mileena and Blaze, but very, very slim.

_________________
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Image


Top 
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN FOR KOMBAT PACK
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:26 am 
Offline
Apprentice
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:08 pm
Posts: 103
Side: Darkness
PSN: okester13
Roy Arkon wrote:

Well it might have a chance with Mileena and Blaze, but very, very slim.


I didn't mean Blaze exactly, just some magical reason behind her new face xD


Top 
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN FOR KOMBAT PACK
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:55 am 
Offline
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:53 pm
Posts: 947
Location: Israel
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46
okest3r_13 wrote:
Roy Arkon wrote:

Well it might have a chance with Mileena and Blaze, but very, very slim.


I didn't mean Blaze exactly, just some magical reason behind her new face xD


Ok I got you now, and yeah that's more logical.

_________________
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Image


Top 
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

 Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

  Design by Mighty Gorgon