Region-lock

Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Region-lock

Post by Roy Arkon »

I just saw those "news" in which Shaun Himmerick (aka "lover of tacos" on Twitter), is "confirming" that MKX will be region locked. That menas that players who got the US version of the game will only be able to play against other US version owners in online matches, and the same goes for the EU version owners (which is the version I've pre-orderd).

But here's what looks fishy to me: First off, as you can see from the link below, there is no more tweet. Could Shaun have delete it? Yes, but maybe someone else just made it up just in order to hurt the sales of the game right before it's launch. Even if this tweet is real, according to it, MK9 and Injustice were also region-locked, so it's not like we are going backwards, yet people all over the net are ripping their hair because they didn't expected it to be region-locked, because "it's 2015". On top of that, people are already jump on the bandwagon that just because it's region-locked it means that the netcode is gonna be full of lagging. That's not true at all, in fact it can only improve the online matches because then you won't be able to play against someone from the othe side of the world and therefore you're guruntee that you will have good matches, as it's pretty much impossilbe to get smooth matches in those situations if either player has a bad connection.

I will call even more on that: When I played MK9 online, I had like 75-85% of the time matches with good netcode in 2013. Yes maybe at the beginning MK9 had a bad netcode, but NRS fixed that. And if the tweet from Shaun is real, that means that I've played a region-locked but also a good netcode game in MK9, just to prove my point.

Also, now it seems that only the PS4 and PS3 players will suffer from the region-lock, and some say that it will only affect the PS3 players. That makes the whole thing even closer to be false, as it doesn't make sense that NRS will make a game that will miss some features on one system.

Here's the link below, so what do you thing guys?

http://testyourmight.com/threads/mortal ... ked.48878/

No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome

Return to “Mortal Kombat X/XL”