THE NEXT MK GAME SHOULD HAVE...

MoDuL
Apprentice
Side: Darkness

Re: THE NEXT MK GAME SHOULD HAVE...

Post by MoDuL »

What i would like to see.... hm...
That brings back memories....
Some years ago.. (can't recall the year)
I had made a post on midway's forum on section what would you like to see...
Like an MMORPG with all known characters as NPC (non playable characters)..
And the players could choose the "path" they want to follow... Lin Quei, Order of light.. blah blah blah...
I'll dig up my logs... but i find it kind of impossible to locate the file since i changed many computer systems since then.

Yellow Ledbetter
Apprentice
PSN: AMULETofSHINNOK

Post by Yellow Ledbetter »

MoDuL wrote:What i would like to see.... hm...
That brings back memories....
Some years ago.. (can't recall the year)
I had made a post on midway's forum on section what would you like to see...
Like an MMORPG with all known characters as NPC (non playable characters)..
And the players could choose the "path" they want to follow... Lin Quei, Order of light.. blah blah blah...
I'll dig up my logs... but i find it kind of impossible to locate the file since i changed many computer systems since then.

Would be great, friend!

I mean, DCOU is a good MMORPG. But they should plan a moment for the fighters enter in a game. MK3 events would be great, but, except the warriors, all the other souls were taken. On MKII it would be like MK: SM, but it would be more logical for the warrior to be an Outworlder.

The problem may be that earthrealmers usually do not have a major role, except for the main characters, and this only happens on MKI, a game that would not be so big to be a MMORPG...but who knows?

I would play all of them! :lol:
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

They might pick for example a different time if they ever make an MMORPG. Like the time of the great Kung Lao, or the old times, when Raiden fought Shinnok and the Lizards were forced to leave Earthrealm and move to Zaterra.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
roboronald10
Master
PSN: KlassicGODZILLA9

Post by roboronald10 »

How about some new characters? No "what if" characters, like fresh new, original characters. Hell, if every other fighting game franchise can do it, then it couldn't be that difficult with Netherrealm Studios. I know it's kind of a retelling, but it would be cool if some new characters were given some spotlight instead of some of the "sorry" characters that debuted in MK4-MKD.
Yellow Ledbetter
Apprentice

I personally prefer the original timeline to be retold, now with the changes due Raiden's actions.

Also, I really want the original characters back, maybe the Elder Gods could revive the bodies and restore the souls, even though the invasion will come now from the Netherealm.

I don't mind having new characters, but I prefer that the plot always be with the original ones. It would be strange to see MK series turn into a game of many new characters that just take over the whole plot, and those we grew up with take a secondary role.

I really love MK4, this is an oportunity to give the events of the story a more exciting gameplay and plot, the new characters could be foes from the Netherealm, Black Dragon dudes (with Jarek) and why not Red Dragon guys. It would be cool to have a powerful Shinnok, harder than the original game, more dangerous (he was an Elder God, with or without the ammulet), harder to beat.

But the plot, in my opinion, must always be with the main original characters. I hope they'll be back (Sub-Zero too, not that cyber version).
Noob Saibot
Warrior

Post by Noob Saibot »

Don't really like the new characters idea. Netherrealm has proved this many times. Most of their new characters simply, well, suck.

Most of the new MKDA characters could never be compared with the old ones, one exception is probably Kenshi. The same with MKD.

So, they better stick with the 60+ characters they already have.
We share blood, but we are not brothers.
roboronald10
Master

Post by roboronald10 »

Some characters had hardly an impact on the storyline at all. It was always the characters from the first four games that did stuff, with the exception of Taven, Daegon, Onaga, and some others. What did Ashrah do? Li Mei? Nitara? Frost? Darrius? Dairou? Hotaru? They hardly did anything. I know that they were introduced late in the original storyline, but come on. I admit, some of the lesser known, including a few I listed did appeal to me. But some characters are better left forgotten: Mokap, Meat, Kobra, Hsu Hao, and Mavado. I believe NRS are capable of creating characters that could be become fan-favorites quickly. Now I do not want NRS to push the original characters to the side, but make it like an ensemble cast, give each character, new and old, their time to do what they do. Sady, the old characters couldn't do that, but NRS can at least fix that now.
If they use the characters from the first four games only, then the franchise could fairly plain, with not much to look forward to. I'm not all for the idea that "Elder Gods revive everyone so they can be in the next game". That sounds pretty boring. I would like to see that some of the characters introduced in MK:DA and MK:D get revamped so they become more appealing.
No more characters based off of other characters from different franchises, "what if" characters, or "Cyber-Smoke". I want to see Dairou, Darrius, Hotaru, Li Mei, Havik, Ashrah, maybe Bo Rai Cho, Frost, Kira, and Moloch return.
Gambid
Elder God
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

Can't really say, that the new characters attract my attention, with a few exceptions of course.

Btw some of them made cameos in Mortal Kombat 9. For example Havik was seen in Noob Saibot's ending, which is interesting, given the fact that he started as an alternate outfit for Noob Saibot.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Yellow Ledbetter
Apprentice

roboronald10 wrote:Some characters had hardly an impact on the storyline at all. It was always the characters from the first four games that did stuff, with the exception of Taven, Daegon, Onaga, and some others. What did Ashrah do? Li Mei? Nitara? Frost? Darrius? Dairou? Hotaru? They hardly did anything. I know that they were introduced late in the original storyline, but come on. I admit, some of the lesser known, including a few I listed did appeal to me. But some characters are better left forgotten: Mokap, Meat, Kobra, Hsu Hao, and Mavado. I believe NRS are capable of creating characters that could be become fan-favorites quickly. Now I do not want NRS to push the original characters to the side, but make it like an ensemble cast, give each character, new and old, their time to do what they do. Sady, the old characters couldn't do that, but NRS can at least fix that now.
If they use the characters from the first four games only, then the franchise could fairly plain, with not much to look forward to. I'm not all for the idea that "Elder Gods revive everyone so they can be in the next game". That sounds pretty boring. I would like to see that some of the characters introduced in MK:DA and MK:D get revamped so they become more appealing.
No more characters based off of other characters from different franchises, "what if" characters, or "Cyber-Smoke". I want to see Dairou, Darrius, Hotaru, Li Mei, Havik, Ashrah, maybe Bo Rai Cho, Frost, Kira, and Moloch return.
I don't see them as characters that "did nothing" (except Mokap, Meat and Hsu Hao). The main thing is armageddon, so all the story was around all those who were trully connected to the movement of the One Being and the "salvation" in the essence of Blaze. As an example of this, we lost Liu Kang, a character that everybody would say "this one won't die!". They couldn't tell the story of that chars (Dairou, Darrius, Hotaru, Li Mei, Havik, Ashrah, Bo Rai Cho, Frost, Kira, and Moloch, etc.), it's an opportunity to retold their tales.

This characters, good or not, at the least make the player fight more than "his/her friends". I really want the Elder Gods to revive those who died on MK9, but I think there is no way of MK:DA and MK: D characters do not return, because it is 'destined' for them to appear, even if the 'main' characters are dead.

Lol I love Cyber-Smoke! Sorry if you like but Cyber Subzero that is a truly shame in my vision. It's a mischaracterization of one of the greatest, iconics and most important characters of the whole series. Human Smoke had little participation, but Cyber-Smoke was awesome, he made one of the most dangerous alliances with Noob Saibot, in my opinion, and was also a great foe since MK3. But Sub-Zero...he is a Lin Kuei, we knew him before, I REALLY hope he come back as normal. There is no meaning of having that character, on MK9 we could play with "Human Subzero" (I really hope I won't use this expression for more time) only because there were both brothers. But what now? If he's back with the other characters, will we have that shameful Cyber and no original? And what about the great connection between Sub and Shinnok's plot? I really found that shameful, it should be Smoke...
roboronald10
Master

Post by roboronald10 »

Yellow Ledbetter wrote:
roboronald10 wrote:Some characters had hardly an impact on the storyline at all. It was always the characters from the first four games that did stuff, with the exception of Taven, Daegon, Onaga, and some others. What did Ashrah do? Li Mei? Nitara? Frost? Darrius? Dairou? Hotaru? They hardly did anything. I know that they were introduced late in the original storyline, but come on. I admit, some of the lesser known, including a few I listed did appeal to me. But some characters are better left forgotten: Mokap, Meat, Kobra, Hsu Hao, and Mavado. I believe NRS are capable of creating characters that could be become fan-favorites quickly. Now I do not want NRS to push the original characters to the side, but make it like an ensemble cast, give each character, new and old, their time to do what they do. Sady, the old characters couldn't do that, but NRS can at least fix that now.
I don't see them as characters that "did nothing" (except Mokap, Meat and Hsu Hao). The main thing is armageddon, so all the story was around all those who were trully connected to the movement of the One Being and the "salvation" in the essence of Blaze. As an example of this, we lost Liu Kang, a character that everybody would say "this one won't die!". They couldn't tell the story of that chars (Dairou, Darrius, Hotaru, Li Mei, Havik, Ashrah, Bo Rai Cho, Frost, Kira, and Moloch, etc.), it's an opportunity to retold their tales.

This characters, good or not, at the least make the player fight more than "his/her friends". I really want the Elder Gods to revive those who died on MK9, but I think there is no way of MK:DA and MK: D characters do not return, because it is 'destined' for them to appear, even if the 'main' characters are dead.

Lol I love Cyber-Smoke! Sorry if you like but Cyber Subzero that is a truly shame in my vision. It's a mischaracterization of one of the greatest, iconics and most important characters of the whole series. Human Smoke had little participation, but Cyber-Smoke was awesome, he made one of the most dangerous alliances with Noob Saibot, in my opinion, and was also a great foe since MK3. But Sub-Zero...he is a Lin Kuei, we knew him before, I REALLY hope he come back as normal. There is no meaning of having that character, on MK9 we could play with "Human Subzero" (I really hope I won't use this expression for more time) only because there were both brothers. But what now? If he's back with the other characters, will we have that shameful Cyber and no original? And what about the great connection between Sub and Shinnok's plot? I really found that shameful, it should be Smoke...
I didn't say they did nothing. I sad they had hardly an impact at all. I'm not sure what you meant there. Can you please explain more specifically.
As for the Elder Gods, I really hope NRS makes up really great plot that involves reviving the dead characters. I would be pissed if it was some half-assed attempt. Seeing it's NRS and the story for MK was amazing, I doubt NRS will do that. Just a thought.
But the idea of new characters to help some character development for the newer characters can't be a bad idea at all.
Oh no, I'm not a big fan of Cyber SZ, I like Cyber Smoke better. Cyber SZ was just a "what if" character. Besides, despite being the same person, Sub-Zero and Cyber Sub-Zero had enough differences to differentiate the two characters. The reason I'm "against" the idea of a Cyber Smoke is because I'm not sure how he would be a cyborg again or seeing what point there is in bring Cyber Smoke back. Would this form of Smoke return by storyline or for fan service, who knows?
And how are they going to revert Cyber Sub-Zero back into his human form? First off, he's dead and then Sub-Zero would probably, most likely, go through a lot of shit in order to become a human again.
Yellow Ledbetter
Apprentice

roboronald10 wrote: I didn't say they did nothing. I sad they had hardly an impact at all. I'm not sure what you meant there. Can you please explain more specifically.
As for the Elder Gods, I really hope NRS makes up really great plot that involves reviving the dead characters. I would be pissed if it was some half-assed attempt. Seeing it's NRS and the story for MK was amazing, I doubt NRS will do that. Just a thought.
But the idea of new characters to help some character development for the newer characters can't be a bad idea at all.
Oh no, I'm not a big fan of Cyber SZ, I like Cyber Smoke better. Cyber SZ was just a "what if" character. Besides, despite being the same person, Sub-Zero and Cyber Sub-Zero had enough differences to differentiate the two characters. The reason I'm "against" the idea of a Cyber Smoke is because I'm not sure how he would be a cyborg again or seeing what point there is in bring Cyber Smoke back. Would this form of Smoke return by storyline or for fan service, who knows?
And how are they going to revert Cyber Sub-Zero back into his human form? First off, he's dead and then Sub-Zero would probably, most likely, go through a lot of shit in order to become a human again.
I said they did nothing in interpretation of what you said, since you put some doubt about the importance of their roles to the player. But I think you already understood!

No, the idea of new chatacters is not bad at all, you are right, I just think that, once the 'main' characters are dead, MK series should not go into a way of totally new characters.

About the last question, that's easy. The Elder Gods are the most powerful deities that are in complete power. The cyber initiative did not transform humans into robots, but into cyborgs, so we can affirm (also by seeing Cyrax after MK4 and some fatalities, specially on MK9) that the human inside is still alive, just brainwashed and with his physical body mixed with technology.

Sub-Zero still have a soul, just like the other cyborgs. What we saw with Quan Chi was a physic manifestation of the souls of dead warriors, when that body is destroyed, nothing happens since the sorcerer can bring it back. The Elder Gods can grant Raiden the gift of returning the souls to the bodies, and I do not doubt that they could restore Sub-Zero's original form. Scorpion goes through a similar process (except the skull and etc.).

On the other hand, we also could expect from these smart asses the same they did with Scorpion's clan, reviving into rotten bodies. Well, we can never predict what these egocentric deities do, unless it awakens the One Being :lol:

I hope they are powerful to bring 'icey' back in town!
roboronald10
Master

Post by roboronald10 »

Yellow Ledbetter wrote: I said they did nothing in interpretation of what you said, since you put some doubt about the importance of their roles to the player. But I think you already understood!

No, the idea of new chatacters is not bad at all, you are right, I just think that, once the 'main' characters are dead, MK series should not go into a way of totally new characters.

About the last question, that's easy. The Elder Gods are the most powerful deities that are in complete power. The cyber initiative did not transform humans into robots, but into cyborgs, so we can affirm (also by seeing Cyrax after MK4 and some fatalities, specially on MK9) that the human inside is still alive, just brainwashed and with his physical body mixed with technology.

Sub-Zero still have a soul, just like the other cyborgs. What we saw with Quan Chi was a physic manifestation of the souls of dead warriors, when that body is destroyed, nothing happens since the sorcerer can bring it back. The Elder Gods can grant Raiden the gift of returning the souls to the bodies, and I do not doubt that they could restore Sub-Zero's original form. Scorpion goes through a similar process (except the skull and etc.).

On the other hand, we also could expect from these smart asses the same they did with Scorpion's clan, reviving into rotten bodies. Well, we can never predict what these egocentric deities do, unless it awakens the One Being :lol:

I hope they are powerful to bring 'icey' back in town!

Oh, I doubt NRS will ever do away with the older characters. They will keep them and have some of them always be in the newer games, especially Scorpion and Sub-Zero. It's what the fans would want. They always want to play with the fan favorites, most of which who debuted in the first 3-4 MK games. Besides, it's not a completely bad idea that one of the newer characters get as much importance in the storyline as the main characters. Namco's Tekken did a good job with portraying Jin Kazama, who debuted in Tekken 3 and is now one of the main characters. But then again, he's related to Heihachi and Kazuya Mishima, who were the main characters in the previous installments to begin with. Also, Tekken has 5 characters that appeared in every main game: Heihachi Mishima, Nina Williams, "King" (since there was a first King who died between Tekken II and Tekken III and a second person donned the King persona to become the current King), Paul Phoenix, and Yoshimitsu. The point is, they're fan-favorites and Namco makes sure that they're included in every game, until a future storyline plot prevents them from doing so. NRS will probably do the same. It's not copying, every fighting game franchise does this, whether it's fan service or storyline. NRS will definitely keep the older characters in the games, nothing to worry about :) Sub-Zero will come back one way or another, hopefully human.

Well that's pretty obvious, but I meant to be completely human with no technology in their anatomy. And say Elder Gods fixed that with just the snap of their fingers. That seem redundant and lazy if NRS took that easy way out to convert Sub-Zero back into a full human again.
Also, do you mean that Quan Chi CAN'T bring their dead bodies back? I get the physical manifestation of the souls though.
Hahaha, imagine zombie versions of Jax, Jade, Kitana, Stryker, Nightwolf, Kung Lao, Smoke, Cyber SZ, and Kabal? Not skins, but somewhat mangled messes possibly. I mean Stryker got his face punched in and Kung Lao and Smoke had their necks snapped. So what if they got the Lui Kang treatment lol
As far as I know, Onaga isn't the actual One Being, so I'd like to see what the One Being really looked like.
Yellow Ledbetter
Apprentice

roboronald10 wrote:
Oh, I doubt NRS will ever do away with the older characters. They will keep them and have some of them always be in the newer games, especially Scorpion and Sub-Zero. It's what the fans would want. They always want to play with the fan favorites, most of which who debuted in the first 3-4 MK games. Besides, it's not a completely bad idea that one of the newer characters get as much importance in the storyline as the main characters. Namco's Tekken did a good job with portraying Jin Kazama, who debuted in Tekken 3 and is now one of the main characters. But then again, he's related to Heihachi and Kazuya Mishima, who were the main characters in the previous installments to begin with. Also, Tekken has 5 characters that appeared in every main game: Heihachi Mishima, Nina Williams, "King" (since there was a first King who died between Tekken II and Tekken III and a second person donned the King persona to become the current King), Paul Phoenix, and Yoshimitsu. The point is, they're fan-favorites and Namco makes sure that they're included in every game, until a future storyline plot prevents them from doing so. NRS will probably do the same. It's not copying, every fighting game franchise does this, whether it's fan service or storyline. NRS will definitely keep the older characters in the games, nothing to worry about :) Sub-Zero will come back one way or another, hopefully human.

Well that's pretty obvious, but I meant to be completely human with no technology in their anatomy. And say Elder Gods fixed that with just the snap of their fingers. That seem redundant and lazy if NRS took that easy way out to convert Sub-Zero back into a full human again.
Also, do you mean that Quan Chi CAN'T bring their dead bodies back? I get the physical manifestation of the souls though.
Hahaha, imagine zombie versions of Jax, Jade, Kitana, Stryker, Nightwolf, Kung Lao, Smoke, Cyber SZ, and Kabal? Not skins, but somewhat mangled messes possibly. I mean Stryker got his face punched in and Kung Lao and Smoke had their necks snapped. So what if they got the Lui Kang treatment lol
As far as I know, Onaga isn't the actual One Being, so I'd like to see what the One Being really looked like.

I hope so, about the new chars and Sub!

I meant that Quan Chi can only bring back the dead bodies, since he is a necromancer, but the Elder Gods surely can do more things. But when they are dead, the sorcerer can only bring them back, even in full 'health', but not revive them as living beings, but undead.

Lol it would be fun, but I totally agree with you, to be a real zombie they should have been marked by their deaths, just like Liu Kang and his neck "technique" on Deception/Armageddon.

Well, according to hidden messages on MK: D, the Elder Gods shattered the One Being's mind into the realms through the Kamidogu. One of this messages affirms that all the reality are only dreams of this single being, hence we can conclude that the worst type of evil that is present on the realms is, in fact, corruptions of its presence everywhere. If it "dreams", it drives some minds inside its own mind to unite the realms, what explains, in my vision, villains that only want to merge the realms, and at some point all of them (with little exceptions, like Scorpion whom I do not consider a villain, but an anti-hero). The movement of the realms is driven by the One Being, and Armageddon was an excuse to stop this or the Elder Gods would tremble on their "seats".

Concluding, I really do not believe we'll ever see the One Being. To do so, all the realms (except the Heavens) must be united and I really believe that if someday it awakens, the gameplay may change, because this thing will be big, powerful and will not fight into a screen with life bars. Also, a fight would be in Heavens and this would surely be the Armageddon :lol:
roboronald10
Master

Post by roboronald10 »

Yellow Ledbetter wrote: I hope so, about the new chars and Sub!

I meant that Quan Chi can only bring back the dead bodies, since he is a necromancer, but the Elder Gods surely can do more things. But when they are dead, the sorcerer can only bring them back, even in full 'health', but not revive them as living beings, but undead.

Lol it would be fun, but I totally agree with you, to be a real zombie they should have been marked by their deaths, just like Liu Kang and his neck "technique" on Deception/Armageddon.

Well, according to hidden messages on MK: D, the Elder Gods shattered the One Being's mind into the realms through the Kamidogu. One of this messages affirms that all the reality are only dreams of this single being, hence we can conclude that the worst type of evil that is present on the realms is, in fact, corruptions of its presence everywhere. If it "dreams", it drives some minds inside its own mind to unite the realms, what explains, in my vision, villains that only want to merge the realms, and at some point all of them (with little exceptions, like Scorpion whom I do not consider a villain, but an anti-hero). The movement of the realms is driven by the One Being, and Armageddon was an excuse to stop this or the Elder Gods would tremble on their "seats".

Concluding, I really do not believe we'll ever see the One Being. To do so, all the realms (except the Heavens) must be united and I really believe that if someday it awakens, the gameplay may change, because this thing will be big, powerful and will not fight into a screen with life bars. Also, a fight would be in Heavens and this would surely be the Armageddon :lol:
Oh ok thanks for the explanation.

So, we don't exist? We're all figments of the One Being's imaginations :shock: :lol:

As for "fighting" the One Being, it can be similar as to how you fought Onslaught in Marvel vs Capcom, Apocalypse in Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter, or Galactus in Marvel vs Capcom 3/Ultimate MvC 3. However, the gameplay between the two games are too different so a fight with the One Being like that is impossible unless otherwise.
If you're not sure what I'm talking about, you can just look up the boss battles in those games on Youtube.
Yellow Ledbetter
Apprentice

roboronald10 wrote:
Yellow Ledbetter wrote: I hope so, about the new chars and Sub!

Oh ok thanks for the explanation.

So, we don't exist? We're all figments of the One Being's imaginations :shock: :lol:

As for "fighting" the One Being, it can be similar as to how you fought Onslaught in Marvel vs Capcom, Apocalypse in Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter, or Galactus in Marvel vs Capcom 3/Ultimate MvC 3. However, the gameplay between the two games are too different so a fight with the One Being like that is impossible unless otherwise.
If you're not sure what I'm talking about, you can just look up the boss battles in those games on Youtube.
No problem, friend.

In fact all the realms and its respective lives exist, but they are all nature of the One Being's mind. But it cannot do anything to merge the realms, so it lurks characters to do so. You can see on Ermac's ending (MK:D), for example, that it's stated he feels there was "an ominous force" that still shaped the realms to its destiny (armageddon), and it was influencing Onaga, but this one had no idea. None of them have idea that they are being manipulated by this creature. Also, on MK9, since Taven won the battle against Blaze, that 'flame' around Shao Kahn is probally a manifestation of the One Being in Edenia (specially after he says "this is the end of all things...").

Yeah, I know those battles! But do you think would be good to see, for example, a humanoid char like Scorpion fighting some huge and powerful entity? I can't just imagine they defeating the One Being with their fighting styles. But if this happens, we will have to wait until the Armageddon of the seconds timeline.

Return to “Mortal Kombat X/XL”