MK:SM

Tempest
Mortal

MK:SM

Post by Tempest »

Holy Crappy Game Batman!

The other day, I was at my friends house and he showed me a demo disk that had SM on it. I was like "Awesome! This is gonna be great!" so we put it in, and I began to play, and was in awe at the awesome effects. The blood could have been more plentiful, as with the other games. This being only a minor down side, I continued onwards to find difficulty using the targeting system, as you have to hold the button down. (I don't like that when targeting.) The fighting is clumsy, and in story mode, you only play as Kung Lao. Fighting the Same dude over and over again (I'm talking about the Oni) gets old, and boring. I just wanted to end the torment there. But then, twelve minutes and 30 oni later, I got to experience the best part of this game by far. The weapons. Kung Lao picks up a sword, and if you charge up the attack, it can kill an oni in one hit! (normal 10-15 hits) while I was having fun with the sword, it dissappeared, and I was tempted to stop there. But Raiden randomly starts talking about fatalitys. I was thinking. "Now you're talking!" What you have to do, is beat the living hell out of people to charge up the Fatality meter, and press a button. then it will go into the fatality screen, and you tap a seires of 4 buttons to activate it. (the first time, it tells you the buttons.) I tested it, and it looked all good when I cut the Oni in half with my hat. but then, Immedatly, the game returns to normal, and you find yourself being mauled by Oni.
Oni: "I want to eat your nose Kung Lao!!"
Yeah, It seems as though every time they tackle you, they rip off your nose...how many noses does Kung Lao have??
now, one thing I had to check out was the Ko-op.(give it a rest with the K's people! we get the point!) and, frankly, I was dissipointed. Ko-Op mode is weak. Instead of being bored to death by fights that seem to be identical, your buddy can share in the boredom! The special moves are okay, and I must say, The fireball special looks nice.
Now for the Grand finale! After about an hour of clumsily jumping, and attempting to break down walls with holes in them big enough for you to walk through if you take off the hat. You walk over a bridge, where some random fighter (couldn't tell who it was due to glare on the screen) is standing on a bridge. He runs ahead, and when you follow, you find Baraka. He kills someone by stabbing their brain, yada, yada. There is no sign of the guy who leads you to Baraka. (no, he wasn't the dude who was just mauled.) Anyway, the fight: Big B man seems to only use low attacks, and he ducked. So after a few minutes of getting my ass kicked, he finally finishes me, by picking me up using the blades, and chucking me into a fire on the other side of the room. That's when the game went off.

Graphics: 10
Gameplay: 6.5
Raplay Value: 1.0
Total: I give Mortal Kombat: Shaoulin Monks Demo a total score of 5.8

You might like this game a lot better than I did, but I suggest, instead of buying, just rent first.

Infierno4551
God

Re: MK:SM

Post by Infierno4551 »

???... This topic shouldn't be here. If you want to express your feelings about MK:SM do it in the other topics that involve it. Check the news section there's tons of MK:SM stuff there.
Sniper Wolf 1122
God
PSN: Sever2ndtoNone

Post by Sniper Wolf 1122 »

<span style='color:green'>im depressed, mksm is gonna blow. </span>
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

No, Infierno4551, that's the right Forums' Category.

I personally hope you are wrong Tempest. I also hope that the final game will be much much better than the demo version.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
MeanMug
Mortal

Post by MeanMug »

<span style='color:yellow'>I didn't see anything wrong with the demo. I got both the xbox demo and ps2 demo and, despite the censorship in the ps2 version, the game seemed very promising. I don't know, maybe people expect TOO much out of it but I'm sure it'll be a much deeper game when there's more stuff to do than just fight Oni through a tutorial.</span>
Sub-Brento

Post by Sub-Brento »

I don't know what demo you played but the one I have from PS magazine only let you pick Lui Kang not Kung Lao. The fatality was blocked out by a message and you could only play for like 5 to 10 minutes before it said time was up, not an hour.
Either you made all that up or you got a different demo which I now want...lol.
I thought it looked pretty good, didn't like to controls too much but i'm sure I could get used to them. I look forward to seeing the stages from MKI and MKII in full 3-d and to see the whole area not just what we seen in the 2-d games. I'll probably rent it first before I deside on buying.
MiNeOuT
God

Post by MiNeOuT »

Yesterday, I went out and picked up the OXM magazine and the demo disc. In the Xbox version of the Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks demo, I was able to use both Liu Kang and Kung Lao and perform both of there fatalitys. The fatalitys and blood on the Xbox version were not censored. I liked the controls they were easy to get used to. The graphics in the demo were fine. The weapons in the demo looked cool, you were able to throw and impale the sword and the karasu (not sure if thats what it's called) into the Oni causing them to bleed to death. Both characters had different sets of moves and lots of combos(I dont think I ever repeated the same combo). My favourite thing in this demo is the death traps, almost every part of the demo had its own. The thing I hated was the amount of invisible walls there were, it was rediculous. I give this demo an 7.5/10.
Infierno4551
God

Post by Infierno4551 »

Otherwise the game should be okay right?
Sniper Wolf 1122
God

theres too many topics on this.
Infierno4551
God

Post by Infierno4551 »

Yes, I think everyone is aware of that.
Sniper Wolf 1122
God

<span style='color:green'>then why hasn`t gambid locked it? thats my question. </span>
Tempest
Mortal

Post by Tempest »

Gambid wrote: I personally hope you are wrong Tempest. I also hope that the final game will be much much better than the demo version.
I also hope that I'm wrong...I expect this game to be a lot better than it's Xbox demo.
Sniper Wolf 1122
God

ya, it better be, or the staffs gettinga miilion angry letters from me.

Return to “Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks”