Matt Mullins as Johnny Cage

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Matt Mullins as Johnny Cage

Post by Gambid »

So what do you think of Matt Mullins portrayal of Johnny Cage?

Was it convincing or do you think that there are still things that could have been done better.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
galleons
Mortal
Side: Darkness
XBox Live: XBox 360

Re: Matt Mullins as Johnny Cage

Post by galleons »

So I just watched the third episode of Mortal Kombat Legacy and I will admit, I was beyond worried about Matt Mullins being selected to play Johnny Cage. Now that I watched it, I am surprised by how well he did. I am not sure how I like Johnny being portrayed. He seems to be missing the trademark cockiness but I am reserving judgment until I see further episodes. All this being said, I noticed a few other things that makes this more than just a Mortal Kombat Legacy post and therefore hopefully it need not be moved.

1. I really liked how Johnny Cage was noted as being of Power Ranger fame. Granted this will never be brought up in Power Rangers since Power Rangers is kid friendly and Mortal Kombat is not. Still, it was a cool moment for a fan.

2. Saban is an idiot if he doesn't try to bring in Matt Mullins at a later date. The guy has experience with toku-based children's programming and he has been exposed to a wiser audience which may get Saban and his show some more exposure. Matt Mullins may not want to do PR but I said Saban would be an idiot not to try.

3. Okay, Matt Mullins proved he can act decently when given good direction, which seems to support my theory that the problem with Dragon Knight was less the actors and more the people running the show had no clue as to what they were doing.

Okay, that concludes my random thoughts generated by an 11 minute Mortal Kombat video. Huh...Matt Mullins generated thoughts other than "AHHHHHHHHHH!" He is improving more than I thought.

Return to “Mortal Kombat: Legacy”