A highly illogical 'review'

LordSpleach
Mortal
PSN: FANSMEGINGTASTIC

A highly illogical 'review'

Post by LordSpleach »

I'm just wonder if anyone on here has seen this. Someone needs to get through his thick skull how illogical his rant was. I know I tried.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlJiT_sWT7Q

I seriously want Ed Boon to see this and react to it.

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: A highly illogical 'review'

Post by Gambid »

No, I haven't seen this. Everyone is free of speaking their own mind and with that said, everyone is also free to ignore them. If there is one thing people are good at, it's complaining about stuff. I actually believe that mankind will seize to exists if there is nothing to complain about :D

And, I don't know, going through all the trouble of making a 2 hour video for a game he obviously does not like very much. Would say, go outside and play with the other kids.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
LordSpleach
Mortal

Post by LordSpleach »

Agreed, but some people feel the need to rant. I know I fail to stop that need sometimes.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Yes, MKSecrets has also been a target of such people, several times :)

But after a few of them, you start ignoring them. Criticism is only positive when it's constructive, otherwise it is just pointless.
I Rule This World!

Juxtapose13
Apprentice
PSN: Juxtapose1313
XBox Live: Juxtapose13

Post by Juxtapose13 »

Gambid wrote:Yes, MKSecrets has also been a target of such people, several times :)

But after a few of them, you start ignoring them. Criticism is only positive when it's constructive, otherwise it is just pointless.
I actually commented and started talking with this guy. He seems to be a fan of the last gen trilogy and just so very angry at the new game for changing/updating things. Story Mode/continuity seems to be his main thing.
--
Juxtapose13

"Outstanding. Now all we need is a deck of cards." Corporal Hicks, Aliens.
LordSpleach
Mortal

Post by LordSpleach »

Problem is he doesn't know about retconning, and forgets that that happened with Mythologies first. I'm still shocked he thinks Quan Chi was a product of Defenders of the Realm. He used a random wiki as his proof, and Harley Quinn as his example. Yes Harley Quinn is a case of this, but Batman: The Animated Series was actually good, unlike Defenders of The Realm.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

If he was really a fan of the story, he should be happy. The previous iteration was one big mess.
I Rule This World!

LordSpleach
Mortal

Post by LordSpleach »

Well, he did start with Deadly Alliance.
Juxtapose13
Apprentice

Post by Juxtapose13 »

LordSpleach wrote:Problem is he doesn't know about retconning, and forgets that that happened with Mythologies first. I'm still shocked he thinks Quan Chi was a product of Defenders of the Realm. He used a random wiki as his proof, and Harley Quinn as his example. Yes Harley Quinn is a case of this, but Batman: The Animated Series was actually good, unlike Defenders of The Realm.
Yeah, though didn't the Mortal Kombat: Defenders of the Realm episode qith Quan Chi release before Mortal Kombat: Mythologies - Sub-Zero?

Anyway, the retconning of Quan Chi into the earlier story was done long before Mortal Kombat (2011).
--
Juxtapose13

Juxtapose13
Apprentice

Post by Juxtapose13 »

Gambid wrote:If he was really a fan of the story, he should be happy. The previous iteration was one big mess.
Yeah, you'd think. I too found it interesting that some of the story changes had nothing to do with Raiden's memories sent back (such as Mileena not growing up with Kitana, and other characters appearing earlier than they should have), but I chalked it up to retcon and didn't freak.

It all worked out quite well.

The only thing that I wasn't big on was Sindel kicking butt in Nightwolf's Chapter. Felt a bit too anticlimactic for my tastes, but oh well.
--
Juxtapose13

LordSpleach
Mortal

Post by LordSpleach »

Juxtapose13 wrote:
LordSpleach wrote:Problem is he doesn't know about retconning, and forgets that that happened with Mythologies first. I'm still shocked he thinks Quan Chi was a product of Defenders of the Realm. He used a random wiki as his proof, and Harley Quinn as his example. Yes Harley Quinn is a case of this, but Batman: The Animated Series was actually good, unlike Defenders of The Realm.
Yeah, though didn't the Mortal Kombat: Defenders of the Realm episode qith Quan Chi release before Mortal Kombat: Mythologies - Sub-Zero?

Anyway, the retconning of Quan Chi into the earlier story was done long before Mortal Kombat (2011).
Yeah, but it was obvious that Ed Boon and the guys made him, not some shitty cartoon.
Juxtapose13
Apprentice

Post by Juxtapose13 »

LordSpleach wrote:
Juxtapose13 wrote:

Yeah, but it was obvious that Ed Boon and the guys made him, not some shitty cartoon.
Correct, and that the creative team really likes him to this day. Enough to keep bringing him back and making him an integral part of the story, anyway.
--
Juxtapose13

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 (2011)”