How to get to the hidden characters

s-z22
Apprentice
Side: Light
XBox Live: DesolateRhyme4

How to get to the hidden characters

Post by s-z22 »

First off, none of the hidden character's use X-ray's, Breakers, or Enhanced moves. But don't underestimate them just because they can't do those. And you get coins whether you win a round or not. But try to win both rounds for the full reward. And don't go for Reptile, Smoke, or Noob, if you're trying to get to Jade. I can't guarantee that if you lose a round, it won't count against you.

Klassic Reptile:
1: You must be at "The Pit (night)" arena.
2: Make sure Santa or a witch flies across the Moon.
3: Get a double flawless victory.
4: Do a Stage Fatality
*Tip 1: If you get hit in the first round, intentionally lose it, then go for a Double Flawless in the next two rounds. If you get hit again, or the Witch or Santa Clause doesn't fly across the Moon simply go back to character select, and try again. Also it's a very good idea if you put it on Beginner and your first match is at "The Pit" stage. They won't move for a while and it makes it a lot easier to get that win. You can do it on harder matches but try to a least stay in the bottom 4 matches.
*Tip 2: He has Sub-Zero's Freeze, and Scorpion's Spear as well, so be sure to watch out for those.

Klassic Noob Saibot:
1: You must be at the "Temple" (Cathedral) arena.
2: You must see Noob Saibot in the background. He'll be on the right of that stone tablet or whatever it is.
3: You must win all rounds without blocking. You can use X-ray and Enhanced moves though. Breakers, I'm not too sure about. I don't use any of those anyway because I put it on Beginner and I'm usually Sub-Zero, whom I can beat Expert with.
*Tip 1: If you don't see Noob Saibot standing to the stone tablet, go to character select and restart the match. Keep doing that until you do see him.
*Tip 2: Noob likes to use Teleport Grab a lot, so blocking a lot is good because then you can punish him when' he's in midair.

Klassic Smoke:
1: Make sure your in "The Living Forest" arena.
2: In the first 15 seconds of Round 1, Smoke will appear behind a tree.
3: When you see him, for the 360 version press down and the Back button repeatedly. And make sure you're not pressing back on the directional pad, or with the stick, it's the button you have to press. As for the PS3 press down and Select repeatedly. Remember, they must be pressed at the same time, not individually or it won't work.
*Tip: If you don't see Smoke in the first 15 seconds of Round 1, go to character select, and restart the match.

Jade:
1: Put the difficulty level on Beginner. It's hard enough to get as it is on Beginner, no need to make it more difficult for yourself.
2: Don't lose a round until you get to Shang Tsung.
3: Get as many flawless victories as you can, just in case it's a requirement. There's dispute on this, on whether if you need Flawless victories, how many, or if you don't need them at all.
4: Do a Fatality on every fighter up to Shang Tsung, just to be safe. Besides, I do fatalities on everyone anyway.
5: Get a Double Flawless victory on Shang Tsung.
6: Do a Fatality after you get a Double Flawless victory. Even Klassic Fatalities work which is why I recommend Scorpion or Sub-Zero. Scorpion's first fatality and Sub-Zero's Klassic are easy to do, and hard to mess up. Remember, Babalities aren't the same as Fatalities. Don't do them.
6: You can't lose a round on Shang Tsung. Which means if you lose the first round, you have to do it all over again.
*Tip 1: Remember if you get hit and go to character select right after that, it will say you lost a round which means you'll have to start the ladder all over again. Win the rounds even if you get hit, but when it gets to FINISH HIM, don't do a fatality. Hit him, pause the game, and go back to character select. If you do that it won't count as a loss, and you'll still have a perfect record.
*Tip 2: Have patience. You'll need it.
*Tip 3: His weakness is jump in with 2 (Y for 360, and Triangle for PS3) and automatically uppercut. He'll block the punch (sometimes he won't) but not the uppercut. It doesn't always work, but it does most of the time. I used Sub-Zero and did the combo 2, 2, 4, Slide. If you're him use freeze every now and then, and if it hits do the most powerful combo you know. Look at one of my comments in the Sub-Zero guide for MK9. It will tell you X-ray combos you can use, and the basic set ups for stringing combos together.
*Tip 4: Projectile attacks are useless against Jade. They'll just go right through her so there's no point in doing them. She also can use Kitana's fans and Mileena's Sai's.

The Reptile
Warrior

Re: How to get to the hidden characters

Post by The Reptile »

Good info, though they're already in the mksecrets site. Though I suppose it'll make things easier for people that just view the forum instead.
I am Reptile! And I do not answer to you! Fight!

Image Image
The Reptile
Warrior

Post by The Reptile »

also i like the added tips, they'll help. Did you know you can also turn kintaro, goro and shao kahn into babies?

Image Image
s-z22
Apprentice

Post by s-z22 »

Yeah I made this last night without looking at any sources, including the codes and secrets section. Than later today I check it and I realize it's practically identical. I just thought it would be good to put in the forum since it wasn't there. So I PM'd Gambid to tell him I didn't copy anything on the site. It was purely me. If he wanted to delete it he could, but I hope he'll leave it up. Yeah I did know you can turn them into babies. I was actually going to put that next until I saw that was in the Codes and Secrets section as well. Do you think I should still put it up anyway? I can do it without looking in there.
The Reptile
Warrior

Post by The Reptile »

well i was thinking of putting it just now, on here anyway. I suggest just leaving it, I guess people will have to dig further. If you want something to do, why not write in mine and roboronald10's Mk Apocalypse. I don't know where he's gone, but the threads dying so I'd appreciate it if someone could contribute to it. PM me if you're interested in that :)

Image Image
Gambid
Elder God
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

I have absolutely no problem with this topic. Just please, check the next time :)

Have fun and keep posting useful and interesting information.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
s-z22
Apprentice

Post by s-z22 »

I will. Sorry about that and thanks for not taking it down. I just figured this was one of the hardest achievements for me so I thought I might help out that way. Won't happen again.

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 (2011)”