MK9 Strategies: Reptile

The Reptile
Warrior

MK9 Strategies: Reptile

Post by The Reptile »

From today of, I will be posting MK9 Strategies that will explain the best ways to use that character and their best kombo.
I have researched and practised with these characters so I will know the positive ways of using them.

Reptile:
1-X 2-Y 3-A 4-B
D-Down U-Up B-Back F-Forward NJP-Neutral Jump Punch (UP 1+2)

He is a jack-of-all trades.

Using slide too much is unsafe.

D4+Acid Hand (DB Y) is a good mixup, as it'll hit them if they block low or high, and acid hand can be quite effective.

Elbow dash (B F Y) is really useful, especially in kombos, and is good for a use of dash. Also, blocking straight after can be extremely useful against zoners or incoming attacks.

Best start-up kombos are 122 and 321 or 32. F3 then 1+2 can be quite damaging as well, doing 17% damage.
Highest kombo damage so far is 50% damage, using a few enhances.

X-Ray is pretty useful, as it dodges past projectiles and rushes to the opponent. Therefore, best to use it while they're about to shoot at you, then you can rush like a tank and they'll break up.

Invisibility is considered useless by many, but it certainly has it's uses:
1. If a projectile is incoming, then quickly turning invisible can dodge the ataack easily. Think of it as you're turning into a ghost; but it only works in that instant.
2. Enhanced, it increases damage and renders the user entirely unseen, even to the player.
3. If you're good, you can use the confusion to your advantage in a few cases, such as the fact they don't know where you're attacking and mix-ups are incredibly effectual in this case and perhaps a nice kombo can add to the recipe of 'whoop-ass'.

Reptile is versatile, yet he doesn't teleport so that's a shame. Though he has a real good use of projectiles and can differ in speed.
He is sometimes reffered as the pop-up king for his forceballs, both useful in their speed differences. The spit is real fast and is good for zoning an enemy out.

This is his most powerful kombo, leading to a whopping 50+% damage, as far as I have concluded anyway.
3, 2, 1, elbow dash, njp, EX Acid Hand, dash 3, 2, EX Fast force ball,
3, 2, Slow force ball, 3,2,1, EX Slide
50+% damage. This combo is pretty difficult to do, but does high
damage. EX acid hand and EX fast forceball are required. EX slide is
not and I would not use it. After EX acid hand you have to dash in
order to finish the rest of the combo. If you are too slow, you
will whiff the 3, 2 part. If you are too fast the 2 or forceball
might miss. Just be careful and use it wisely, as it's really powerful.

Forget what people say about your use of Reptile.
If they don't like the way you play, and hate you sliding a lot then they're the ones being sore losers, and aren't worth playing against except for thrashing their sorry butts. The best result at the end of the day is you're victorious, and style is just a bonus. Not many players tend to use Reptile so it's harder for them to study you, and you tend to stand out.
More notes coming soon...eful against zoners or incoming attacks.

Best start-up kombos are 122 and 321 or 32. F3 then 1+2 can be quite damaging as well, doing 17% damage.
Highest kombo damage so far is 50% damage, using a few enhances.

X-Ray is pretty useful, as it dodges past projectiles and rushes to the opponent. Therefore, best to use it while they're about to shoot at you, then you can rush like a tank and they'll break up.

Invisibility is considered useless by many, but it certainly has it's uses:
1. If a projectile is incoming, then quickly turning invisible can dodge the ataack easily. Think of it as you're turning into a ghost; but it only works in that instant.
2. Enhanced, it increases damage and renders the user entirely unseen, even to the player.
3. If you're good, you can use the confusion to your advantage in a few cases, such as the fact they don't know where you're attacking and mix-ups are incredibly effectual in this case and perhaps a nice kombo can add to the recipe of 'whoop-ass'.

Reptile is versatile, yet he doesn't teleport so that's a shame. Though he has a real good use of projectiles and can differ in speed.
He is sometimes reffered as the pop-up king for his forceballs, both useful in their speed differences. The spit is real fast and is good for zoning an enemy out.

This is his most powerful kombo, leading to a whopping 50+% damage, as far as I have concluded anyway.
3, 2, 1, elbow dash, njp, EX Acid Hand, dash 3, 2, EX Fast force ball,
3, 2, Slow force ball, 3,2,1, EX Slide
50+% damage. This combo is pretty difficult to do, but does high
damage. EX acid hand and EX fast forceball are required. EX slide is
not and I would not use it. After EX acid hand you have to dash in
order to finish the rest of the combo. If you are too slow, you
will whiff the 3, 2 part. If you are too fast the 2 or forceball
might miss. Just be careful and use it wisely, as it's really powerful.

Forget what people say about your use of Reptile.
If they don't like the way you play, and hate you sliding a lot then they're the ones being sore losers, and aren't worth playing against except for thrashing their sorry butts. The best result at the end of the day is you're victorious, and style is just a bonus. Not many players tend to use Reptile so it's harder for them to study you, and you tend to stand out.
More notes coming soon...

This work belongs to the author and can only be used by the permission of the user. Please do not attempt to copy or you may be charged by the Data Protection Act. If given permission, you may only use it on this site or any others stated otherwise.
Last edited by The Reptile on Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

I am Reptile! And I do not answer to you! Fight!

Image Image
sub-zero9
Master
Side: Light

Re: MK9 Strategies: Reptile

Post by sub-zero9 »

Thanks for sharing this Rep!

VENGEANCE WILL BE MINE!
The Reptile
Warrior

Post by The Reptile »

No problem, I'll be doing Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Ermac and Smoke next. Then Kabal and so on, hope they help :)

Image Image
Gambid
Elder God
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

Let's pin this topic. Good job.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
LIN_KUEI
Mortal
Side: Darkness
PSN: BRONCOS_970

Post by LIN_KUEI »

Wow really good Rep. I only used to use Lin Kuei karacters, but a couple of weeks ago I opened up my options and used every karacter in the game, now I main Sub and Reptile. Good job with this info. Thumbs up :)
The Reptile
Warrior

Post by The Reptile »

thanks people :) i'll find more as i said, though it's hard to find kombos on youtube when noobs just keep using enhances 50 times on one kombo in practise, but it's harder to find all the perks of a character and their ideal use.

Ps. I feel proud of having my first sticky topic ;)

Image Image
Gambid
Elder God
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

You now have two :)
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
s-z22
Apprentice
XBox Live: DesolateRhyme4

Post by s-z22 »

You're on a roll with guides. Keep it up.
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Post by Roy Arkon »

Great job man, Reptile is my favorite character and I think this guide is really good. Thanks. :D
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 (2011)”