Downloaded New characters but cannot find them... Help!

mena_e
Mortal
Side: Light

Downloaded New characters but cannot find them... Help!

Post by mena_e »

Hi everyone!

I have a problem and have been searchin all over the internet in different forums, and cannot find the solution...
Hope u can help me...

I downloaded 2 days ago the package of 4 new characters from the Playstation 3 market. I also installed them and got the message that everything went fine.

Problem is: i cannot find them! I only see in the character list Kratos on the left side and right side (right side I cannot click on it).
Does it have something 2 do with the fact that I haven't unlocked Cyber Sub Zero yet? Am still in level 12 in the Story mode...

Looking forward to your replies!

Gambid
Elder God
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: Downloaded New characters but cannot find them... Help!

Post by Gambid »

I personally don't own a PS3 but it probably has nothing to do with that.

Do you see the characters anywhere else, the ladder, etc...

So you can't go left from the lowest left field?
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
mena_e
Mortal

Post by mena_e »

Hi,
thank you for your reply. Unfortunately no, I do not see them at all...only see Kratos on right and left bottom of character page where I can choose from. But the right Kratos cannot be chosen.

And yes, I cannot go left from the lowest left field as well :-(

FYI: I am located in Germany, made an Austrian account, got a PS Network code from Austria, inserted it on Playstation network, it worked, downloaded the characters, as well as the compatibility packages 1, 2 and 3.
When I went to "Game" menu on PS3, I saw the new installations and got a positive message, successfully installed.

After that, I did not find anything in the game - and when I enter the DLC menu in Extras, I get the message "No content available for download at the moment" :-(

Hope anyone can help!
Many thanks in advance!
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

I live in Germany and it worked for me and my XBox 360 with a UK account.

Is the game the Austrian version or is it the UK version, because this might be a problem. Very unlikely, but who knows.

Can you select the extra kostumes?
I Rule This World!

mena_e
Mortal

Post by mena_e »

Hi Gambid

thanks for the quick reply. I just rechecked as I had bought MK online - no it is a US version...
How to select the extra costumes? I cannot select the new characters at the character page, nor can I find them in Nekropolis...
I also tried out to enter my MK Pass I received with the game, but I got a failure message, that the code is not working....

Does it have something 2 do with the fact that I have an Austrian Account and the game from the US?

Looking forward to your reply and DANKESCHÖN!! :)
mena_e
Mortal

Post by mena_e »

I solved it...and am pretty disappointed...bought the DLCs on my Austrian account for nothing...as they do not work.
I created a US Account and suddenly everything works - I am being informed that there are new downloads available (which i did not get on the austrian account) - i just bought new credit in order to buy the characters and hopefully everythings gon work fine.

Thanks for the hint, Gambid! It is really complicated with the whole country thing..if Germany did not ban the game all this stupid back and forth and location confusion would not have happened!

Have a nice weekend! If I have problems (hopefully not) i will get back here :-D
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

You are welcome. I start to realize that we have a lot of people visiting from Germany, may be we should have a German message board for them.

Yep, it is really disappointing that Germany and USK banned the game. GameStop actually sold the UK edition if I am not mistaken without mentioning that the DLCs will not be available which is lame.

I purchased my copy from UK and I am really happy with it. Had to create a UK account specially for it, but who even that has paid off, the UK XBox Marketplace is far superior than the German one.
I Rule This World!

mena_e
Mortal

Post by mena_e »

That's great to hear! But I guess Gamestop did not know about the procedure as well..it is really complicated to have a good overview about all the locations and DLCs etc...
Unfortunately I had spent money on the DLCs in order to install them on the Austrian account..and it did not work...It really sucks :(

I am now downloading the compatibility packs and hopefully everythings gon work out afterwards so I have a hell of a bloody weekend start :-D

A german forum would really be good - since this is the best forum I have seen so far and thanks to you I found the solution to the problem I had since Monday (!).
Have a lovely weekend! :-)
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

This really sux, may be you can try ans ask them to give you your money back. Don't know if it will work though but you can try.

I will give the German forum a thought.
I Rule This World!

mena_e
Mortal

Post by mena_e »

The question is - who should I ask? I bought the Playstation network card from a German dealer online. I highly doubt that they will give me the money back ... I cannot tell them hey I have a forbidden game and I am using it in Germany and I want my money back since I had an Austrian account instead of US :-D
godisfowler
Mortal
PSN: MrQuim
XBox Live: Mr Quim

Post by godisfowler »

I've got this same problem, kind of.

Downloaded the pack with all 4 characters. When I go to character select there's an arrow to go left from the bottom row, but I only get Freddie Krueger. Where do I find the others? Or has something gone wrong?

I've unlocked Cyber Sub Zero, so shouldn't be anything to do with that.

Playing the normal UK copy by the way.

Cheers.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

What is your console. Are you sure you downloaded them all. On XBox for exmple, when you purchase the Season Pass, you need to download them separately from the in-game Download Manager.
I Rule This World!

godisfowler
Mortal
PSN: MrQuim
XBox Live: Mr Quim

Post by godisfowler »

It's Xbox 360. Yeah, maybe I need to do that. Cheers.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

If you purchased the Season Pass, start the game and go to Downloadable Content. All Characters will be displayed with Prize = 0 MSPoints.

Then just download the one that do not appear. Let me know if that resolved the problem.
I Rule This World!

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 (2011)”