Is Cyborg Sub-Zero really Cyborg Sub-Zero?

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: Is Cyborg Sub-Zero really Cyborg Sub-Zero?

Post by Gambid »

No, no, no....
Hydro who appeared in the Malibu comics was ninja, not Cyborg and he appeared alongside Elder Sub-Zero and was killed by Scorpion.

It was that character that Cyber Hydro from the MUGEN MK Project was based on.

@calioklas have you ever heard of period, commas, etc. I can't even understand what you are righting.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
roboronald10
Master
PSN: KlassicGODZILLA9

Post by roboronald10 »

oohh my bad, but got the human and cyber mixed up. However, there STILL is a possibility that Cyber Sub-Zero was just Robot Hydro? Like you said, Gambid, that NRS may have heard of the MK MUGEN projects. They could have tooken the idea of Hydro and made it into their own character, Cyber Sub-Zero. Besides, it doesn't really matter, everything MK related belongs to NRS, so it doesn't really matter.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

As I see it, it doesn't matter, because one thing is certain Cyber Sub-Zero and Hydro are two different characters.
I Rule This World!

TheAngryShokan
Apprentice
PSN: crashbandicootx

Post by TheAngryShokan »

It's just going to go back to the same thing over and over. I see nothing left to argue about now. :D
calioklas
Mortal

Post by calioklas »

Like I said earlier i will have more facts later around mid august patience my sons the thruth will reveal soon Cyborg SZ in fact a straight clone of Hydro
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

What do you mean, you will have more facts later? You either have them or you don't.

So now we are back to Cyber Sub-Zero is a clone of Hydro? Could you please make up your mind.

Until something in this topic changes, I don't see a reason to repeat the same things over and over and over and over again.
I Rule This World!

roboronald10
Master

Post by roboronald10 »

Yeah, I don't want to sound like an ass, but it seems that you don't want to face the fact that we all know that Cyber Sub-Zero may NOT be based on Hydro. He was only based on Sub-Zero, nothing else. How they are both like the same, it's pure coincedence. This is my last thing on this topic, unless you have something very interesting to say on this subject.
stig87
Mortal

Post by stig87 »

Wow this was a funny read. Im sure the guys at MK thought about doing a Cyber Sub Zero years go. Mugen Came out in 1999.. While mk3 was out by 1995.. The lin Kue Cyber stuff existed long before Mugen. So what really makes you think that the Guys at MK NEVER thought of making a Cyber Version of the MOST FAMOUS member of the Klan,, making the robots. The fact that Cyber sub zero is similar to the moves of Hydro is because the mugen character HYDRO is a rip off of Sub Zero. I AM a mugen creator and I can guarantee you that Hydro is just Sub Zero with a sprite swap and minor changes in the code. Now .. if after all these years Neatherealm decided to finally do a Cyber version of Sub Zero.... It would be IMPOSSIBLE for none of Cyber Subs moves to be similar to a Mugen Character that is a RIP OFF of Sub Zero himself.
And the thing about putting a picture of the two side by side and noting how similar they LOOK doesnt make sense.. ALL of the Robots are Pallete Swaps of the Same sprites. . After reading all 4 of these pages to this thread, none of the conspiracy theory seems to add up to anything solid. By the way.... what does Hydro, have to Do with ICE?.. Hydro plays more like a Cyber version of Sub Zero than he should. If he just manipulates water, he should play more like rain.... But .. in the realm of mugen we do whatever we want even if it doesnt make any sense at all.

If anything, if by slim chance Neatherealm saw Hydro and Got their idea from him (which I seriously doubt)... They righted the wrong. By actually making a Robot that is SUPPOSED to be derived from subzero and manipulate ICE.. not cold water.

I apologize if this seems like a rant.. I spent a nice amount of time reading all these pages, hoping to see a bit of revelation coincidence, and sense shown by its creator. ... It never happened.
roboronald10
Master

Post by roboronald10 »

Now this seems to summarize all the info with some more "facts" that we didn't talk about. None of this was really a "conspiracy theory", but some weird ass coincedental oddity. I know that the the cyborgs back then were palette swaps. Cyber Sub-Zero's debut was long after MK stopped doing that. I've never played much MK MUGEN,but I sure as hell know that the only Hydro I've seen was a Robot Hydro. If there was, my bad that I didn't know. Now we can ALL agree on these"
1.Cyber Sub-Zero and Robot Hydro are completely DIFFERENT characters.
2.Hydro(human) was created by NRS. Robot Hydro was created in MK MUGEN. However, NRS still have the rights to him because every aspect of him(name, sprites, etc.) all belong to NRS, so it doesn't really matter.
3.Cyber Sub-Zero was based on Sub-Zero, nothing else, meaning he isn't an original character.
4.Hydro(Robot), like stig87 said, was a rip-off of Sub-Zero. Have you seen his moves?
5.This topic has nothing left to say,yes?
stig87, I can tell you that you are NOT ranting. As you can see for the past few pages, we've been ranting over Cyber Sub-Zero and Hydro. It's funny that it took a MK MUGEN creator to get this all straight. With ALL that said, I see nothing else to say in this topic.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

A fresh set of eyes is always a good thing. The next thing would be me contacting Netherrealm Studios and asking them, which I will not do.
I Rule This World!

TheAngryShokan
Apprentice
PSN: crashbandicootx

Post by TheAngryShokan »

The case is almost closed. Well honestly it was closed quite a while ago, but we shall await further information you will provide.
charliez99
Mortal
XBox Live: AKA BaLliztik

Post by charliez99 »

hydro made an appearance on MK legacy episode 9 - cyrax and sektor... but everbody knows that right?
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Yes and this was already discussed in this thread, but thanks for mentioning it again ;)
I Rule This World!

roboronald10
Master

Post by roboronald10 »

Hey Gambid, it seems calioklas actually doesn't have any "facts", does he?
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

It seems like he does not or he is still waiting for tham
I Rule This World!

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 (2011)”