**MAJOR SPOILERS**Let's make a list!/story**MAJOR SPOILERS**

Sub-Zero
God
Side: Darkness
XBox Live: Korig

**MAJOR SPOILERS**Let's make a list!/story**MAJOR SPOILERS**

Post by Sub-Zero »

WARNING!! Do not read anything in this post if you haven't beaten Story Mode yet! **MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW**

Alright now that we've gotten the warnings out of the way I can start. Just beat story mode and wow, I guess Netherrealm Studios really wanted to changed the story of MK because so many freaking characters died!! Now, lets assume that due to that ending the next game will show the events of MK4, let's also assume that Netherrealm wants to stick to their guns and keep all those dead characters..dead. So lets make a list of all the characters we (might) not be seeing anymore:

Also, once again, **SPOILERS BELOW**:
Motaro
Liu Kang
Kung Lao
Nightwolf
Sindel
Shao Kahn
Jade
Jax
Kabal
Kitana
Noob
Smoke
Stryker

I am probably missing or wrong about some. Take me list and make it perfect please.

Also, what did you think of the story? I personally thought it was fantastic but overwhelming. Since events were changing I figured maybe a few people would die but this many?! I was just in shock when Sindel was completely destroying them. I think the fight, cutscene, fight is the perfect way to tell the story for MK (though the gameplay was insanely frustrating quite often). I was on the edge of my seat for majority of the cutscenes that were past the halfway point. Only negative things for the story were the difficulty as I mentioned, and I was hoping for a chance to play all the villains as well. Like when you beat story you can play an alternate story where you play as all the bad guys and they actually win. The story made me laugh, scream, feel hurt, shocked and so much more. Never has a MK story done all that for me. Great job Netherrealm, though I'm terrified to see what happens in MK4 version 2. :shock:
Last edited by Sub-Zero on Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LawlietBR
Mortal

Re: **MAJOR SPOILERS**Let's make a list!/story**MAJOR SPOILE

Post by LawlietBR »

I still don't have the game and I read :|

But i don't care :D :) :lol: :wink:
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

You forget...
Sub-Zero died as well.

However, these characters are in the Netherrealm, which means that they can be saved/resurrected.

The Deadly Alliance killed Sonya, Johnny Cage, Jax, Kitana, ... after which they were resurrected by the Dragon King to serve him and were later freed by Ermac and the ghost of Liu Kang.

If the next game follows the story line of Mortal Kombat 4 some of these characters might be on Quan Chi's side other may be revived or the Elder Gods might resurrect everyone killed by Shao Kahn's invasion.

I think that Story mode was great, there were just a few things I wish were in:

- Sub-Zero's Transformation
- The creation of Noob Saibot
- The creation of Jax's Metal Arms
- Sub-Zero's and Smoke's escape from the Lin Kuei
- Sektor and Cyrax's robotisation.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Ripper
Apprentice

Post by Ripper »

Loved story mode.
I thought it weird Jax/Sonya disxappeared halfway through it and them Ta da there they were again
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

I was also a bit disappointed that there were no chapters for the bad guys, like Shang Tsung, Quan Chi,, Kano, Noob Saibot, Ermac, ....
I Rule This World!

Ripper
Apprentice

Post by Ripper »

I have to add I was disappointed that almost everyone died in the end. I guess it fitting given the story but stiill. Of course nodyreally 'dies' in MK so it all good.
Ripper
Apprentice

Post by Ripper »

Not sure if this is considered a spoiler or not but the 'Scarlet' character is seen several times. She does not speak or fight but she is evident in several scenes.
Sub-Zero
God
Side: Darkness
XBox Live: Korig

Post by Sub-Zero »

Gambid wrote:You forget...
Sub-Zero died as well.

However, these characters are in the Netherrealm, which means that they can be saved/resurrected.

The Deadly Alliance killed Sonya, Johnny Cage, Jax, Kitana, ... after which they were resurrected by the Dragon King to serve him and were later freed by Ermac and the ghost of Liu Kang.

If the next game follows the story line of Mortal Kombat 4 some of these characters might be on Quan Chi's side other may be revived or the Elder Gods might resurrect everyone killed by Shao Kahn's invasion.

I agree with all the things you wish were in. One the best cinematics in the game was the reprogramming of Cyber Sub-Zero where you see through his eyes. Just imagine how they could've done the other things you listed.
roboronald10
Master
PSN: KlassicGODZILLA9

Post by roboronald10 »

here's what i want to see in the DLC
Motaro
Kabal before he was burnt by Kintaro
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Sub-Zero wrote:
Gambid wrote:You forget...
Sub-Zero died as well.

I agree with all the things you wish were in. One the best cinematics in the game was the reprogramming of Cyber Sub-Zero where you see through his eyes. Just imagine how they could've done the other things you listed.
Yep, those would have been great, may be in the next Mortal Kombat we will get an even more detailed story line :)
I Rule This World!

Infierno4551
God

Post by Infierno4551 »

I have a feeling that the next game will have all these characters under the control of Shinnok and the main goal would be to restore them, hopefully a full restoration for Sub-Zero. Anyone laugh at the fact that Johnny Cage survived?
Tiago7
Warrior
PSN: CruzY2J
XBox Live: Cruz 666

Post by Tiago7 »

for me one of the best storys from game history easy to understand it has a lot of details and yes it s mortal kombat
We are many you are but one
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Infierno4551 wrote:I have a feeling that the next game will have all these characters under the control of Shinnok and the main goal would be to restore them, hopefully a full restoration for Sub-Zero. Anyone laugh at the fact that Johnny Cage survived?
Johnny Cage?!?! Oh Yeah, definitely :D :D :D

This was in fact the first think that come up in my head the moment I finished Story mode. I was like "What the... Johnny Cage didn't die. That's new :D :D :D "
I Rule This World!

saphireboy
Mortal

Post by saphireboy »

have just finished story mode! boss was a strong guy.... my fingers still burn))

but, actually, thinking about it... did Raiden really changed the storyline? ok, almost every good character died. but in the long run, - this changed nothing! Shinnok and Quan Chi are still planning MK4, which means new fights and new threats to Earthrealm. bad guys still remain mostly untouched - even if we considere Shao Kahn's death to be the ultimate final death (not like deathes of characters who somehow return in next chapters). Lin Kuei still runed through cybernisation.
so, what did REALLY change in the new storyline's future?
somewhere something went terribly wrong
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

In the future it is Shao Kahn who merged the realms in Armageddon, probably after defeating Blaze.

Shao Kahn's death in Mortal Kombat will prevent the events that happened at the beginning of the game, namely Shao Kahn succeeding with the merger and killing everyone.

Shinnok, Quan Chi, Onaga, Blaze, they all pose a treat to Earthrealm and the Earth warriors.
I Rule This World!

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 (2011)”