Indie Developer Trying To Bring Back Primal Rage

EpicJason9000
Mortal
Side: Darkness

Indie Developer Trying To Bring Back Primal Rage

Post by EpicJason9000 »

I wanted to share a topic of discussion with you all today for a petition for a fighting game that I truly hope will finally return. that fighting game in question is the classic 1994 arcade fighter known as Primal Rage.

just in case you forgot or didn't know, Primal Rage is a versus fighting game developed and released by Atari Games to arcades in 1994. The game takes place in a post-apocalyptic version of Earth called "Urth". Players control one of seven large beasts that battle each other to determine the fate of the planet. Matches feature many of the conventions of fighting games from the era, including special moves and gory finishing maneuvers. on a side note, any Mortal Kombat fan or video game fan who has played Midway Arcade Treasures 2 might know of Primal Rage.

the original characters from Primal Rage were Sauron, Talon, Vertigo, Blizzard, Armadon, Chaos, & Diablo. there was a sequel, but it was never officially released and is considered to be the holy grail of extremely rare fighting games. the only current way to play the legendary Primal Rage II is to visit the Galloping Ghost Arcades in Brookfield, Illinois.

The developer of the upcoming Wii U game Tiny Galaxy, Taylor Hajash, said on Twitter today that he wanted to create a new Primal Rage. The game would be a remake of the original and “include everything you hoped to have played in Primal Rage 2.” He and his team are already working on high poly models, a rework of the original soundtrack, and are coming up with new playable characters! The game would be called Primal Rage: The New Blood.

There is a problem though. The rights for Primal Rage don’t belong to the team and they are not sure who can ok the game. Hajash’s team would like help tracking down the owners. If you know who they are, you can send him an e-mail at p0tayters@gmail.com

https://shigerureviews.wordpress.com/20 ... imal-rage/

They even went so far as to create a petition: https://www.change.org/p/the-owner-of-t ... responsive

Jun 30, 2015 — I have reached out to Warner Bros, Atari, Neatherrealm studio and even Ed Boon in an attempt to get a confirmation of what has happened to the Primal Rage IP. Everyone has remained silent on the matter so far. Hopefully we can gain more momentum and grab someone's attention soon!

the petition was originally posted about 7 months ago, and while the petition's original goal was 100 signatures, it's currently up to 89 supporters (me included) as of January 17, 2016.

it says and I quote: I run a small game development studio in Florida called Arcane Pixel Games. We have been massive Primal Rage fans, the game has effected us in many positive ways. We want to find the owner, and get permission to remake Primal Rage! The IP paper trailer has changed hands so many times. We need to get the current owners attention so we can discus remaking the game. We want to self fund a proof of concept at the bare minimum! We want the owner to have zero risk, zero financial risk, to pay them their share and to remake one of the best games ever. We have the tools, talent and ability to do this right. What we have is the ability as an indie studio to take on the full financial risk to make this as smooth as possible for the current IP owner. Please help us get in touch with the owner and make an amazing game.

so, what do you folks think? would you support a revival of Primal Rage? let me know in the comment section bellow. I truly hope that Primal Rage will finally return. imagine how cool it would be to play a true sequel to Primal Rage with updated graphics, kick ass soundtrack, even a create a monster mode that you could take online. if Marvel vs Capcom can return, if Killer Instinct can return, if the most hated fighting game of all time can somehow manage to return (looking at you Shaq Fu), then there's no reason why Primal Rage can't return as well. I'll gladly support Tiny Galaxy & Arcane Pixels in their attempts to bring back Primal Rage, and I hope you all will too.

RobloxUltraman361
Mortal

Re: Victory!

Post by RobloxUltraman361 »

Me and my friends worldwide signed in the last 5 slots! We were big Primal Rage fanboys, I hope the game will see the light of the day soon! :D
EpicJason9000
Mortal

Re: Indie Developer Trying To Bring Back Primal Rage

Post by EpicJason9000 »

@RobloxUltraman361

I hope so as well. we need more awesome fighting games now a days, and the next logical choice for a revival is Primal Rage. along with MK & KI, PR is among one of my most favorite fighting games ever made. it also came out at the right time since it was still during the whole dinosaur craze during the early to mid 90's. one cool thing they could introduce in the new game is a create-a-monster mode that you could take against players online. I think it's only a matter of time until Primal Rage returns.
StellarStylus
Mortal

Post by StellarStylus »

Oh yeah, I remember that game! It would be awesome if someone brought it back, or made something similar!
Munalitey
Mortal

Post by Munalitey »

Any new news on this? Also, don't people play Primal Rage in tournaments at EVO? It's still popular enough to pay people to play it eh?

Return to “General Discussion”