6-inch CLASSIC MK figures coming from Storm Collectibles

Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: 6-inch CLASSIC MK figures coming from Storm Collectibles

Post by Roy Arkon »

EpicJason9000 wrote:@Roy Atkins

no, what I mean is that most fans are not honest about when they see the same products on store shelves over and over again, and they lash out at anyone who actually does have a problem with it. it's not that I don't like the characters, I just think they get far too much attention and they take up 98% of all the merchandise. I'm not expecting all fans to be perfectly honest, but I do at least expect them to admit when a character is overused too much. and as far as being a fan is concerned, these products tend to be geared towards people who either are fans of the franchise or have interest in it. it's fine if you like Scorpion, but that doesn't mean that every single piece of merchandise has to be based on him every single time. Mortal Kombat has been around for 24 years, and the cast has vastly expanded. so, after all that time, don't you think that these toy companies can offer to the fans more than just Sub-Zero & Scorpion merchandise all the time? is that really too hard to ask?

also, the Jazwares figures you mentioned, they're not built very well. sure they look good on whatever website you found them on, but look deeper. the joints tend to be loose, the paint on a lot of them seem lazy, and they're built with cheap plastic. I actually had that box set with the 3 cyborgs, and the arm came out with very little effort. trust me, they're not as great as the pictures make them out to be.
First of all, the name is Roy Arkon, not Atkins.

Second of all, I don't know what kind of fans you ran into, but I really don't see people lash out someone who's vocal about wanting other characters getting statues/figures or not being honest about having the same characters being on shelves over and over. I mean, almost nobody is going to deny that Pikachu has been used for toys and merchandise for far and beyond then any other Pokemon in history, and almost nobody is going to lash someone for wanting another Pokemon for these stuff nor lash someone who has no issue with Pikachu get more toys, and if there is someone like he for any of these scenarios he should go see a doctor, but seriously, how many people are like that? Same for Mortal Kombat, anyone with a brain is not gonna deny that Scorpion and Sub-Zero get more toys then anyone else, nor they will bash anyone who like or dislike it, they understand that those are the most popular characters from the series and it's completlely logical.

I get it, every franchise has that one or two characters that are gonna get used for these stuff over and over, but that's because that people like these characters. And again, I don't see people lash out other people over these stuff.

Also, I don't want to be sounded rude but I think your standrads are far too high. I saw those figures and they look really good. Also, in all honesty, why would you try to purposely take out parts of those figures just to check them out? I really don't see even critics doing those stuff. And like I said, there have been made statues and figures of more obscure characters that do fit those standards. Again, not trying to be rude, just voicing my opinion.

No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
EpicJason9000
Mortal

Post by EpicJason9000 »

first of all, I'm not being rude to you. I accidentally got your name wrong, it happens.

second, I'm trying to be as logical as I can about this. but it just seems like it's coming from people who are extremely biased when it comes to those two characters. I never once said I demanded for the fans to be 100% honest or that they should never make them as figures. I'm just trying to look at the whole picture and at least point out that we only ever get the same type of toys over and over again. I'm not trying to force you to agree with me.

third, there's absolutely nothing wrong with having high standards in and of itself. especially when most people tend to have extremely low standards. just look at my countries recent elections, that shows just how low our standards can be even in today's age.

forth, I never said I purposefully tried to take the toys apart. you completely took my comment out of context. all I said was that the figure I had broke without much effort, I never forced myself to break it, they were just poorly made. again, it does happen. more often then you think. if you actually looked at the figures up close or read the reviews, you would understand that these toys were not made of any high quality, had loose joints, terrible paint jobs, and were made with cheap plastic. the joints in the arms were loose and broke off pretty easily, and they were sold to me as brand new. too often have I seen this happen, and too often no one speaks up about it. and the store that sells them has gotten away with this multiple times. they sell items that are brand new & sealed, but has clearly broken pieces, and they priced it as brand new.

it's fine if you have an opinion, but I also have the right to my opinion as well, I'm not trying to force you to agree or disagree with me, but I don't want you to take my comments out of context and misinterperate what I'm trying to say or what I hope I'm trying to say.

and no, no one lashes out that they make too many Pikachu merchandises, but maybe because no one allows them to and more people should listen to them before saying things like "oh, it's just a kids show" or that "it's just a stupid toy". think about it logically for a moment. if you were a fan of any franchise, and they introduced more and more new & interesting characters after 20+ years, and instead of getting those characters made as action figures, they make the same exact characters over and over again instead, wouldn't you get mad at some point? and wouldn't you start to get sick & tired of it after a while? of course you would. just because you like Sub-Zero & Scorpion, that doesn't mean I have to. you are welcome to like what you like, but my opinions are not yours.

I will respect your opinions as much as I can, but I don't have to agree with them either. but don't say one minute that "most people aren't like that" or "if they did then they need to go see a doctor" or "anyone with a brain could see that" and then say "I don't want to be rude" the next. if you respect my opinions and don't want to sound rude, then respect my opinions and don't make comments like that. you do not know me personally, so you can't make that assumption. I'm not a mind reader, I'm not perfect, and I'm not most people, I'm just me. I'm human, and I can make mistakes. all humans are aggressive and no therapist or doctor can change that. your a fan of a fighting game franchise that rips peoples guts out for f*** sakes. it's not like MK is high class art. it's about excessive and over the top violence with characters & a clichéd plot. I'm sure some random a$$hole like myself complaining about lack of character toys would be the least of your concerns and not that big of a deal in the overall grand scheme of things.

so, I'll just say that there isn't a right or wrong answer and that maybe none of us are going to resolve this discussion. I'll leave it at that, take my losses, and quite the conversation. I don't want to get into an argument, and I don't see any of us agreeing on this.
Last edited by EpicJason9000 on Mon May 30, 2016 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

First of, I never said that you're forcing me to agree with you nor I've said that you wrote my name wrong out of being rude, I know you got my name wrong by accident.

Second of all, about the whole "100% honest" thing, I really don't see how someone can be any less decisive about this stuff. If someone wants more obscure characters then the more popular ones as toys/figures/statues, why wouldn't he/she be fully honest about it? That doesn't make sense at all.

Also, no one lashes out about Pikachu toys because "nobody allows them too"? Why would anyone wouldn't want to listen to them voicing their opinions? Again, people know that the main characters are the most popular, so they create toys for them to cater to most people, but it's not like they don't know what the minority of people want or that they want to listen to them. On top of that, first you say people lash out in defense of the same characters being overused (MK) and then you say people want to lash out in defense for the obscure characters being underused (Pokemon) but "nobody allows them to"?

And finally, I've indeed misunderstood you regarding they toys getting broke and I'm sorry for that. I do however feel that your standarts are too high for these stuff regarding the plastic or the paint jobs for these toys. I don't know if the whole broken stuff thing is the fault of the company that make these toys or the store's, but I do agree that is sucks. If I were I would just try to get those toys from a different store, maybe this time it will be different. Just saying.
EpicJason9000
Mortal

Post by EpicJason9000 »

@Roy Arkon

once again, I said let's just leave it at that, and you continue on.

"Second of all, about the whole "100% honest" thing, I really don't see how someone can be any less decisive about this stuff. If someone wants more obscure characters then the more popular ones as toys/figures/statues, why wouldn't he/she be fully honest about it? That doesn't make sense at all."

because we can't speak up about this issue if we can't be honest about it. once again, you don't get the logic here. being honest is about voicing your own opinions, and if I can't voice my concerns about it, then I'm not being honest. also, why shouldn't I be honest about it? you want me to lie, is that it? you want me to just agree with everyone else and not voice my own opinions? why would I do that? that doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

"Also, no one lashes out about Pikachu toys because "nobody allows them too"? Why would anyone wouldn't want to listen to them voicing their opinions? Again, people know that the main characters are the most popular, so they create toys for them to cater to most people, but it's not like they don't know what the minority of people want or that they want to listen to them. On top of that, first you say people lash out in defense of the same characters being overused (MK) and then you say people want to lash out in defense for the obscure characters being underused (Pokemon) but "nobody allows them to"?"

if you didn't want people to voice their opinions, then why would you keep responding to my comments and why would you care about what I have to say? the fact that you keep commenting back to me shows that you cared enough about my opinions in order to voice your own opinions in return. sometimes, all it takes is 1 person to make their opinions matter to someone else. as George Carlin once put it: “People who say they don't care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don't care what people think.”

when I said nobody allows them to lash out at obscure characters in Pokémon, I meant that the reason you don't hear these people complain about it is maybe because no one is paying attention to them and their voices are not being heard loudly enough. how would you know? maybe some people do complain about it and you just don't know it. maybe it's because they will get any type of backlash if they did say something and their not allowed to voice their opinions because of it. or maybe it's because they don't share them online. again, there are multiple reasons and multiple scenarios as to why you don't hear their complaints. this is all hypothetical, but at least there scenarios. it's not just MK and/or Pokémon, it's anything. I think the most popular characters are made far too often and they should focus more on the more obscure characters. there's nothing wrong with that. being saying that most people don't complain about it is highly incorrect because people will complain about anything & everything. people will complain all the time, it's the most common thing you will find both online and offline. and I would even imagine that a person like yourself would find something to complain about that may matter to you, but others will find to be silly or unnecessary. whether it's an opinion, a complaint, or a rant, it's all a matter of opinion and it's all completely objective. even if I am right about it, you wont agree with me on it and you will complain about it. so, either way, I lose. too many people think that they know everything and that they are perfect, they're not. that's just reality. not everyone is going to think like you, have the same opinions as you, and not everyone in the world see's a topic as silly as this as serious or as silly as some may think.

"I've indeed misunderstood you regarding they toys getting broke and I'm sorry for that. I do however feel that your standarts are too high for these stuff regarding the plastic or the paint jobs for these toys. I don't know if the whole broken stuff thing is the fault of the company that make these toys or the store's, but I do agree that is sucks. If I were I would just try to get those toys from a different store, maybe this time it will be different. Just saying."

1st, you spelled standards wrong. 2nd, my standards are just fine. I've gotten custom toys made before a couple of times, and I don't judge them as harshly as a factory made product. those are hand made items done in different types of quality, so I can't judge them as harshly. and so far, I've been perfectly acceptable with it.

also, the quality of the products has to be blamed on the factory/company. if not, then who the hell is to blame for the lack of quality? you can't seriously think that these companies are completely innocent and that they always have the customers best interest in mind when making these products. if you truly think that, then you seriously need a wake up call because that's just not how it works. yes I am aware that different stores handles their products differently, but I do think that it's entirely possible for the manufacture to made cheaply made products. in fact, it's actually more common than you think. Jazwares is not one of those companies whose products are made of high quality, or even average quality. I've seen their products on store shelves, and they always looked a bit off just by looking at the paint job or the way the way that the plastic is made. the phrase everyone's a critic is very true. when we pay for a product, we expect that product to be good. if it's not made right, then it's not made right. that's not because of having high standards, that just common sense.

and like I said, there's nothing wrong with having high standards. and there's nothing wrong with giving your opinion on a topic as stupid & trivial as this. but I'm not going to just pretend to like everything and not voice my opinion just because 1 person doesn't agree with it nor should I have to change my opinion because that 1 person doesn't like what I have to say. not everyone sees the issue the same way, and not everyone is going to agree with my opinions either. if you disagree, then fine. ok, good for you. it's not like it matters anyway because we didn't solve anything.

now, if you don't mind, I would politely ask if we can end this conversation because there's nothing more that you and I can add to it that can keep the conversation moving forward. and as of now, I'm just far too fired to keep typing all night. we can agree to disagree, but I think I'll end it here and move on if you don't mind.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

I have more things to say, but I do agree that this conversation went to far. Let's stop here and let's agree to disagree.

Return to “General Discussion”